Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » CS Downtime » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page CS Downtime
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Erwin [CS] Player-Rank: 2 Erwin [CS] is a male
Admiral Moo

images/avatars/avatar-124.gif

Registration Date: 26.12.2004

CS Downtime Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hello all,

my apologies to all of you, for CS being down over Christmas. The server had gone down 1 day after I left for my holidays to Asia. I could not really access the machine from there, and suspected a fatal error (like a hard-disk crash).

Today I arrived back home, and am in the middle of analyzing. Seems the HD is OK. I will continue my analysis, what caused the actual down-time.

In the meantime the galaxies stay down for the next few days, until most players realized that CS is back up.

Anyways, a belated HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you, and sorry for the troubles caused. I hope you did at least enjoy a relaxed CS-free holiday period Smile
05.01.2018 11:20 Erwin [CS] is offline Search for Posts by Erwin [CS] Add Erwin [CS] to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 4
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Glad to have you back Big Grin

I noticed, if you where logged into a game when the Anomaly happened you could keep playing. The tick processing time seemed slower, but they did happen.
06.01.2018 01:36 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
War Lord Player-Rank: 3
Builds Destroyers without Bathroom

Registration Date: 19.10.2014

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

happy to be back

happy new year everyone
06.01.2018 03:29 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List
chrisadamley Player-Rank: 3
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

images/avatars/avatar-384.gif

Registration Date: 18.01.2007

quote:
Originally posted by Sygor
Glad to have you back Big Grin

I noticed, if you where logged into a game when the Anomaly happened you could keep playing. The tick processing time seemed slower, but they did happen.

That might be a big issue, might need a roll back of the galaxies to when it went offline.

I was not able to play in any games during this time.

07.01.2018 00:17 chrisadamley is offline Send an Email to chrisadamley Search for Posts by chrisadamley Add chrisadamley to your Buddy List
NickVanran Player-Rank: 3 NickVanran is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-698.jpg

Registration Date: 21.06.2009

Welcome Back Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Welcome Back. Hope you enjoyed Asia.

Happy New year to all my friends on CS. I missed each and every one of you.

Nick

07.01.2018 05:18 NickVanran is offline Send an Email to NickVanran Search for Posts by NickVanran Add NickVanran to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of NickVanran: NickVanran YIM Account Name of NickVanran: Startraderus
Erwin [CS] Player-Rank: 2 Erwin [CS] is a male
Admiral Moo

images/avatars/avatar-124.gif

Registration Date: 26.12.2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by Erwin [CS]

I have taken 3 galaxies back online, that were running during the time of the incident. They are paused, and rolled back to the 16th of December.

I suggest to keep them paused, until a time you know that the participating players are back to the game.

As for the other galaxies that were not started yet, you can activate them again.
07.01.2018 12:33 Erwin [CS] is offline Search for Posts by Erwin [CS] Add Erwin [CS] to your Buddy List
MateoBolero Player-Rank: 2 MateoBolero is a male
Has Speed 5 Frigates

images/avatars/avatar-1263.jpeg

Registration Date: 09.09.2016

Good to be back1 Smile

08.01.2018 21:50 MateoBolero is offline Send an Email to MateoBolero Search for Posts by MateoBolero Add MateoBolero to your Buddy List
raf7 Player-Rank: 4
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-791.jpg

Registration Date: 14.05.2009

I have not been playing CS for quite a while now, but I do check the site every now and then. Worried, I was, for a couple of weeks...

Good to know that the game is still alive! Smile

10.01.2018 00:43 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » CS Downtime

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH