Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Planet Rush II » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Planet Rush II
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Sygor Player-Rank: 4
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

Planet Rush II Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Time To start talking to myself about the next Designer Galaxy. I'm thinking of doing another Planet Rush galaxy same size as the Bob's Revenge Galaxy, except lower the starting Colony ships to 25 or raising the number of planets per system to 7 from 6.

Maybe do both.

Also playing with the Idea of limiting Research....Hear me out on this one. There are 53 Techs and 6-4 Doctrines a player can research. What would happen if you could only research 40. What Tech would you go without. How to do this. Start everyone with a fully populated HQ. Set the Research Multiplier to 10 for the First 40 turns. Turn 41 crank multiplier up to 5000
11.06.2021 16:52 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
cybtow Player-Rank: 1 cybtow is a male
Arms Farmers, and Farms Armor

images/avatars/avatar-1340.jpg

Registration Date: 08.03.2021

RE: Planet Rush II Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sound interesting Smile

11.06.2021 18:32 cybtow is offline Send an Email to cybtow Homepage of cybtow Search for Posts by cybtow Add cybtow to your Buddy List

Thread Starter Thread Started by Sygor
RE: Planet Rush II Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Or we could try a Team Galaxy.
11.06.2021 20:54 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
NickVanran Player-Rank: 3 NickVanran is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-698.jpg

Registration Date: 21.06.2009

The planet rush sounds good. Research Idea not sure it will work right. I really like the team galaxy Idea, if we can get 12 or more players.

I will sign up for it and I may have another new player, coming on board. He seamed interested Wednesday. He is an Engineer and self tough programmer. He has been playing Free Space.

Nick

12.06.2021 05:11 NickVanran is offline Send an Email to NickVanran Search for Posts by NickVanran Add NickVanran to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of NickVanran: NickVanran YIM Account Name of NickVanran: Startraderus
MorningLightMountain Player-Rank: 2
Has Speed 5 Frigates

Registration Date: 25.07.2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm up for another game.

I was wondering if you limited research by making it really slow. It may get people fighting sooner, rather than waiting those few more tics for the next tier tech?

Probably a terrible idea.

But I'm up for another.
12.06.2021 16:57 MorningLightMountain is offline Send an Email to MorningLightMountain Search for Posts by MorningLightMountain Add MorningLightMountain to your Buddy List

Thread Starter Thread Started by Sygor
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by MorningLightMountain
I'm up for another game.

I was wondering if you limited research by making it really slow. It may get people fighting sooner, rather than waiting those few more tics for the next tier tech?

Probably a terrible idea.

But I'm up for another.

It's a good idea. Slow research galaxies have been played in the past. I don't remember what happened in them, or even if I played in any. Shame we lost replay ability for a lot of games when the server crashed.
12.06.2021 18:18 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Planet Rush II

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH