Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Equinox Cube Galaxy » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Equinox Cube Galaxy
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
raf7 Player-Rank: 4
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-791.jpg

Registration Date: 14.05.2009

Equinox Cube Galaxy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Equinox
When night and day are equals

The sign up period for the next CS FFA 1h Galaxy is happening during the Spring Equinox of Gaia, our beautiful Mother, and the Sun, our generous Father. To celebrate this alignment of perfect symmetry, the galaxy itself features a cubic shape of 4x4x4 that sets a closer proximity between all Civilizations.

Blessed by the balanced kiss of day and night, the Equinox Cube Galaxy shows an abundance of good planets, and invites the intelligence of ancient astronomers as the base for unveiling its secrets (fixed HQ with research=50, tech mod=1200). Settlers are ready to answer the call (12 initial colony ships), and the galactic dawn brings a wave of creativity to every race (10 custom civ-trait changes). And what will the sunset bring? Who will master the sacred alchemy of Day and Night?

Starting on the 27th of March of 2014, at 20h00 CET.

Somewhere in the Universe.

17.03.2014 23:34 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List
tingling Player-Rank: 4 tingling is a male
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

Registration Date: 17.11.2010

RE: Equinox Cube Galaxy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have to say that the pic aligned in the center looks quite nice in the front page. I just copied and pasted the same text to the news page and it turned out to look nice (imo)

18.03.2014 15:31 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List

Thread Starter Thread Started by raf7
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yup, I like it too... It uses more space, but also creates more space. Tongue

On my browser, the first words of each line are overlapping the left margin. Maybe you can tweak it?

18.03.2014 16:25 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Think I just successfully tweaked it :p forced it to be indented with a [list] tag lol

18.03.2014 16:50 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Multiglow Player-Rank: 4
Assigns Gov Schwarzenegger to all Planets

Registration Date: 02.02.2010

Very nice write up.

So does this mean we all have to build "Cube" ships.

Am a little worried that the Borg might sue us for copyright infringement if we do.
18.03.2014 16:58 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
geralth Player-Rank: 3 geralth is a male
Invades without Troop Ships

images/avatars/avatar-1199.jpg

Registration Date: 02.02.2013

news look great!

18.03.2014 18:34 geralth is offline Send an Email to geralth Homepage of geralth Search for Posts by geralth Add geralth to your Buddy List

Any chance of making this galaxy a little larger.

It is set for 16 players and now has 17 signed up.

While I have continued to play in some galaxies in the past that were crowded and I discovered that I already had neighbors in all the systems closest to me, I no longer do so as it is a total waste of time.
26.03.2014 14:28 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List

The relation between max number of players and number of systems is set during configuration - the player:system density, which is invisible when the galaxy is open. Equinox was set with 1:4 density, which represents a considerable average amount of good quality planets per player, even with more than 16 players (it would have 21 seats with a 1:3 density, and it would still be fine for the current settings). So, it looks a-ok to me, and as far as I am concerned, we keep the current Cube.

Notice, however, that I cannot by any means assure anything about the initial positions, and that the possibility of crowded spots exists as it does in many other galaxies. So, Multi, although I am obviously wishing that you participate, I see it as a good thing that you are considering in advance if your own basic conditions to do so are present or not.

As I mentioned on a previous post, I believe that most initial positions can eventually be overcome on FFA galaxies, but that is something that some of us may see as a fun and others may not. Tbh, I even think that asymmetric circumstances are one of the reasons why every new galaxy is so fresh. Smile

26.03.2014 16:31 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List

And as we reach the first night and day of the Equinox, all 17 Civilizations are showing signs of activity!

It is good to see Nekoj and Ahaneon inside the great Cube, two good players I remember well from past games. It seems that some new players are playing their first ranked game here too, which is also great! Smile

Welcome everybody, and my best wishes for a good fun game!

28.03.2014 18:48 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List
Ruger Player-Rank: 3 Ruger is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1130.jpg

Registration Date: 23.03.2008

Looks to be a interesting game. Looking forward to it. But Raf, if you set the homeworld stats yourself I am making it my mission to blowup your first ship. Mad
28.03.2014 20:23 Ruger is offline Send an Email to Ruger Search for Posts by Ruger Add Ruger to your Buddy List

Ruger............please don't blow up his first ship...........I want to do it.

Oh wait, that means I would have to build a fighter and I think my workers have some sort of union rules against doing that.

Have a great game everyone Smile
28.03.2014 21:18 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List

Yikes! Two Forum attackers, and it's only just dawn! Shocked

My ships are just too sexy! Big Grin

About the Homeworld, Master Yoda made me do it... Find other ways to build colony ships, you must! Tongue

29.03.2014 14:37 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List

Dawn.. when night gives way to day.. and when the sun starts to conquer the sky from the stars. Who will be the sun and who will be the stars?

29.03.2014 16:41 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List

I played this one as a mexican sun with sunglasses and maracas, wearing a neat Sombrero. Started the game by colonizing a bit less than I expected. Allied the colorful Pink since early, and was attacked by the High Shen, who tried to sneak 3 planets from me with troopships. He got 1 of the 3, and my full attention! Big Grin I improvised a Quantum fleet, recovered the planet, and prepared some retribution to recover my investment. Ah, but High Shen was a fresh Shen in ranked galaxies after all, and I stood down when he asked for mercy, and offered him my services as advisor.

I allied Earth 747 when he was attacked by two empires, and then one more, and gave him some protection throughout the game, causing some concern to his attackers. Other than that, I decided to stay out of the wars that were happening, because my intervention would be way too decisive.

And this was it in terms of threats to my empire, because from this point on my advantage just kept growing. I used the Stronghold/Propaganda/Habitat doctrine combo for the first time, and my planets became simply awesome. I sealed my space with strong HSE defenses and CC's on the Emitter planet, and built a powerful heavy fleet that I would later Lightweight into good speed.

When Death Moon attacked Pink near the end of the game I went in. Pink was having an awesome fight with Little Green Man during most of the game (cloak vs heavies), and I simply kept Moon's fleet away from Pink and grabbed a few of his planets to give my fleet something to do.

It was good to see Nekoj and Alarik coming back to the game in good style, Ruger doing a quaility game with heavyships, and bartosz1983 having some great fun with Cloak. Was also good to see the 3 newcomers, pommie, Domino and Medokh, holding some ground on their first ranked galaxy. Multi probably got busy elsewhere, and geralth was said to go "bioserk" in a rumour that was spread through the galaxy. Tongue

For all those who are looking forward to upgrade their game, here are a few tips:
» Use shields on heavy ships.
» Check the replay and see how I did it.
» Read the guide I am writing, and then read it again... Wink

Thank you all for the good game!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by raf7: 27.04.2014 01:18.

27.04.2014 01:09 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

ya, IT was fun. I tried to lure your fleet out that was sitting over the Transmitter planet. For a minuter there you took the bait but wisely turned around. It would have been a decent battle anyway. Not ever sure I would have won, but it was my only hope of taking any planets from you. Had been able to do that I could have done some damage as you had all your eggs in one basket. But at that point you had enough of an advantage it did not matter.

I would have been better off to just finish off onlyme and 006 and taken all the planets. But I simply could not produce that troops and I was really having a hard time with cash as usual. And once they stopped fighting back I just stopped attacking them.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ruger: 27.04.2014 09:23.

27.04.2014 09:21 Ruger is offline Send an Email to Ruger Search for Posts by Ruger Add Ruger to your Buddy List

Actually Ruger, that one movement with my slow Defender fleet was due to a small mistake with an Admiral... That fleet was not supposed to move at all, as it would catch nothing with speed 19. Tongue I changed the orders for the reinforcements, so that single ships would not fly around while your fleet was there, and forgot that the fleet itself had the same Admiral. A mistake that could have caused some sensation had I not detected it just b4 logout. Also, in HSE defense, having all the eggs in one basket means that I only need to defend that basket - it is probably the best available means of defense available in CS (I will soon get to this part on my guide)... Smile

Btw, so that you know, your fleet was flying around my wh gates, and I had my speed 70+ main fleet on the other side of one of them. Although I decided not to hit, I did wonder if you realized how swiftly I could have done it. Wink

27.04.2014 15:08 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

ya, I knew the fleet was around, I noticed that you removed about 2mil from your main fleet. it was one of the reasons I decided to take the fleet home and stop pressing the issue and just protect what I had. I think I had something like 15+ CC's on my planets where my entire fleet was. May not have been enough, but still enough to keep most at bay. I am pretty good at avoiding fleets if I can see them and am online, but with only 53 speed for the main fleet it still would not have made a large difference. Would have had to been online every turn for counter moves just to keep you somewhat away from me.

I agree, all your eggs in one basket can be fine when you were at the tech level you were at. However had you been more inline with the rest of the Galaxy as far as tech goes you may not have had that massive fleet with that many CC's over the transmitter planet. It would then been a matter of a nice hit and your entire grid is down.

So for me, I like to have 3 transmitter planets spread out. It gives me more time to respond and any one loss does not doom my entire defense grid. At my level of tech and for most games the defense method you used would probably not be viable. Also before you get CC's which a quite a ways down the tree, the only really viable defense is troops. I think one of my main planets was at 1500 troops for some time. You would have to Biobomb for ages to get through it. No need for a large expensive fleet.

This does however bring up other issues in regards to supply troops for fleets. That can be quite challenging to keep ships moving out while supplying proper defense.
27.04.2014 17:20 Ruger is offline Send an Email to Ruger Search for Posts by Ruger Add Ruger to your Buddy List

I have used many different types of defenses since I started playing CS, and what I can say for sure is that the one I used in Equinox gave me the best feeling of protection I ever had in this game. Obviously, the advantage I earned provided the space and time to set it up in perfect conditions, but I see a good margin to still do it under less favorable circumstances.

We will see what the next galaxies will show... Smile

28.04.2014 16:40 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List
bartosz1983 Player-Rank: 3 bartosz1983 is a male
Has Speed 5 Frigates

images/avatars/avatar-701.jpg

Registration Date: 25.11.2009

Pink here.
As raf7 mentioned before we allied pretty soon. My part of galaxy was calm so I focused on research and development, finishing up inactive players from time to time. Then suddenly I was tempted to attack Nekoj( aka LGM) I needed crystal to be able to use just researched technologies. From now on I had his attention , and he got mine.

When he tried to invade one of my core systems, first of few interesting battles happened, my cloaky vs his heavy. I won the battle but Nekoj didn't gave up, but start to rebuilding, and I have to admit he rebuild quite fast.

All what left for me was to shut down his WH which posed a treat to my empire and plant one in his land. All came nicely as planned.

So I was happily sitting on the enemy land with my cloaky fleet and planet with 500 -1000 troops on it just to secure the WH. But then I have to AFK a lot, I was on travel whole week before Easter so I couldn't do much more. During that time LGM rebuild happily and decided to invade my core system again. After a few initial looses I was able to retake my land and chase his fleet off.

When I finished my travels I decided to jump here and there and have some fun taking and pillaging LGM planets, waiting for an opportunity for fleet fights. LGM planetary defense wasn't that good, but his troops and fortresses were a tough one to breach.

Then I was attacked by Moon, but my ally (raf7) was kind enough to take care of him and finally try out his heavy fleet( thanks for that , it would be a game over for me without your help).

So after brief interruption I could focus on my little dance with LGM again. And we were dancing till gala ended...

Thanks for the great game guys...

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by bartosz1983: 29.04.2014 11:36.

29.04.2014 11:26 bartosz1983 is offline Send an Email to bartosz1983 Search for Posts by bartosz1983 Add bartosz1983 to your Buddy List

@Ruger.. I don't need to make your post linked in the front page rite.. Guess you were replying to Raf instead of writing your own story rite

@bartosz... Nice story lol

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tingling: 29.04.2014 13:09.

29.04.2014 13:07 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Equinox Cube Galaxy

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH