Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Little Fish Galaxy (Rank 1 and 2) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Little Fish Galaxy (Rank 1 and 2)
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tmog66 Player-Rank: 2 tmog66 is a male
Arms Farmers, and Farms Armor

images/avatars/avatar-1235.jpg

Registration Date: 16.04.2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thank you I want to share more, but I think I will save some details for an after galaxy story. Very exciting stuff here, but some details are sensitive to my allies/enemies.

This galaxy in particular got me thinking about alternative win conditions. The game has plenty about fighting and all that jazz, but thankfully it seems to already be well suited to someone who wanted to try and win without building massive battleship fleets and wiping out every last planet. From what i've read on the forums it seems light fleets can also win the game, but with what is happening in this galaxy it seems that just economics can be a powerful way to move through the ranks if you do it better than your competitors.

Politics have also played an important role in the game. My attitude has certainly been the cause of some of my enemies, and also my allies. Knowing your strengths can help you to scoot up a few places when you ally with the right people. Even if that means allying with someone who you can't beat, but can help you get a better score.
30.04.2014 02:07 tmog66 is offline Send an Email to tmog66 Homepage of tmog66 Search for Posts by tmog66 Add tmog66 to your Buddy List
Domino Player-Rank: 2
Has Speed 5 Frigates

images/avatars/avatar-1293.jpg

Registration Date: 11.10.2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thank-you for that great graph!

01.05.2014 22:04 Domino is offline Send an Email to Domino Search for Posts by Domino Add Domino to your Buddy List

Time for a Turn 350 Update! Also I just graduated from college so that's why there was no turn 200 update. For a good reason though. Smile

On to the news. The galaxy has been tumultuous and continuously on the brink of all out war.

Sardaq Roar has ended up paying his debts to the Trade Federation who took several of Sardaq Roar's planets in retribution to the early, uncalled for capture of Trade Federation planets. Korath Empire also took a chunk out of Sardaq Roar while he was weakened and gained valuable planets which have propelled him up to second place.

BumblingBee has moved his fleets in position to attack some of the weaker colonies. Overpowering them with ease. The Trade Federation saw this and moved defense fleets forward to protect the smaller colonies.

For the past 200 turns BumblingBee and the Trade Federation have been exchanging small blows. Killing each other's scouts in fear that they were spies. Tensions have risen to a peak when The Trade Federation destroyed a small fleet of heavy fighters using it's own light fleet. The fleet may have just been passing through, but the admiral was trigger happy. BumblingBee took this personally and sent a massive fleet of destroyers to wipe out the light fleet. Meanwhile the Korath Empire is harboring one of those massive fleets at his planet. Has the Korath Empire and Bumbling Bee formed an alliance??? This cold war might just become HOT!

The smaller empires seek protection by trying to form alliances with the bigger players and providing resources and money in exchange.

Billy and Megalodon seem to be waiting in the wings. Large fleets have been seen patrolling their borders in anticipation of the massive war that is about to take place between the big players.

Unless there is some kind of alliance ready to change the field, ranks seem to be set in place. What we do know is a leader is emerging and the game may end soon if no one steps up to the plate to stop BumblingBee from taking every planet he sees!

Will BumblingBee's offense prove to be a good defense? Only time will tell. If he fails, he has left his planets vulnerable to attack by focusing so much on science and ship production. Will the Korath Empire be targeted by BumblingBee? Will the Trade Federation and Bumbling Bee ever settle their differences? Will the Northern Federation try using governors next time?

All this next, on Little Fish Galaxy Update 3!
09.05.2014 08:05 tmog66 is offline Send an Email to tmog66 Homepage of tmog66 Search for Posts by tmog66 Add tmog66 to your Buddy List
tingling Player-Rank: 4 tingling is a male
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

Registration Date: 17.11.2010

One of the best stories I've read in a while Wink

Btw congrats on joining the real world tmog hehe

09.05.2014 12:20 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Domino Player-Rank: 2
Has Speed 5 Frigates

images/avatars/avatar-1293.jpg

Registration Date: 11.10.2009

Thank-you for the turn 350 Update and grats on graduation!

10.05.2014 00:21 Domino is offline Send an Email to Domino Search for Posts by Domino Add Domino to your Buddy List
Michael dew Player-Rank: 2 Michael dew is a male
Invades without Troop Ships

images/avatars/avatar-1212.jpg

Registration Date: 18.06.2010

good galaxy , i just got owned though haha

14.05.2014 21:02 Michael dew is offline Send an Email to Michael dew Search for Posts by Michael dew Add Michael dew to your Buddy List

What.. No update from this galaxy anymore? :p I didn't even know it ended lol

Is there interest in a second edition? Or something else?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tingling: 28.05.2014 13:03.

28.05.2014 12:59 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
raf7 Player-Rank: 4
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-791.jpg

Registration Date: 14.05.2009

Thread Starter Thread Started by raf7

I hope you guys liked the game, and learned some new tricks. Big Grin

I have opened the Into the Sea Gal for sign up. As the name suggests, it can be the next swim for the little fish, but this time any fish can play. Planets are bigger and better, science is more expensive, and there are greater spaces in a deeper and bigger galaxy.

We will see about creating a Little Fish Galaxy 2, probably late June or early July.

For now, enjoy the big sea...! Smile

28.05.2014 17:16 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List

It went up in flames! my goodness. I'll have to post pictures of my incredible defense network, but there were some other players with incredible fleets.

This game I find a good offense is the best defense. :p
29.05.2014 10:54 tmog66 is offline Send an Email to tmog66 Homepage of tmog66 Search for Posts by tmog66 Add tmog66 to your Buddy List

Since 2nd quarter of the year is over with some other unranked galaxies done.. And with into the sea almost at turn 600.. I'm thinking we can do little fish 2.. For ranks 1 and 2 only

Anyone with comments on what's the preference for galaxy settings?

I'm thinking of scheduling it around 16 July when galaxy 253 should be almost up. I didn't set a fixed end turn for that galaxy so can't really gauge when it'll end

01.07.2014 17:14 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Ruger Player-Rank: 3 Ruger is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1130.jpg

Registration Date: 23.03.2008

Give them a big juicy fast paced low tech cost claustrophobic type galaxy.

These always make for really fun games.
01.07.2014 17:28 Ruger is offline Send an Email to Ruger Search for Posts by Ruger Add Ruger to your Buddy List
Ruger Player-Rank: 3 Ruger is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1130.jpg

Registration Date: 23.03.2008

I really don't like fixed turns. If we had turn limit in into the sea it would have totally ruined the game. AS of now its still totally a wide open game. Still kind of rare, but fun.
01.07.2014 17:30 Ruger is offline Send an Email to Ruger Search for Posts by Ruger Add Ruger to your Buddy List

ok .. I'm going between the two for beginner galaxies.. What I experienced as CS advisor was that some players quit when they couldn't get the hang of it.. And it was easily one guy conquering the rest. And there was no end in sight (I couldn't set end game that time)..

I guess for some galaxies that may expect close matches.. We'll keep the end date open ended.. We haven't done a 1 hour galaxy for ranked players for a while too huh

01.07.2014 17:49 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Little Fish Galaxy (Rank 1 and 2)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH