Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » 5 Years of Cosmic Supremacy! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 8 9 [10] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 5 Years of Cosmic Supremacy!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
raf7 Player-Rank: 4
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-791.jpg

Registration Date: 14.05.2009

Thread Starter Thread Started by raf7
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Erwin is now setting the end game turn, but he reminded me that we can still play 200 turns of Havoc. So, those who wish to keep it up are free to do so, and those who have had their share can rest from it all.

I think it is the best we can do to, given the circumstances, accomodate the healthy variety of players and perspectives. I am hoping that everybody can understand that for some of us the galaxy became simultaneously meaningless and unbearable, with a very slippery ground on any direction in which we might choose to continue.

Radiance, no one is punishing no one, no one owes nothing to no one, no one is teaching lessons to no one, no one is accusing no one, and especially not someone who can be as inopportune and silly as you.

The situation is solved. Wounds are healing. Leave it be.

09.06.2014 02:51 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List
Ruger Player-Rank: 3 Ruger is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1130.jpg

Registration Date: 23.03.2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Who Plays Havoc? Anyway, I guess shutting it down is the way to go according to 3 or 4 players. So I guess it is what it is.
09.06.2014 03:00 Ruger is offline Send an Email to Ruger Search for Posts by Ruger Add Ruger to your Buddy List
raf7 Player-Rank: 4
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-791.jpg

Registration Date: 14.05.2009

Thread Starter Thread Started by raf7

quote:
Originally posted by Ruger
Who Plays Havoc? Anyway, I guess shutting it down is the way to go according to 3 or 4 players. So I guess it is what it is.

Yes, it is.

Since the galaxy is invalid in terms of Fame points anyway, playing Havoc matters basically the same as playing regular turns.

And if you need to blame anyone about this, I am right here. Smile

09.06.2014 03:26 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List
Gedrin Player-Rank: 3 Gedrin is a male
Assigns Gov Schwarzenegger to all Planets

images/avatars/avatar-235.gif

Registration Date: 22.02.2007

quote:
Originally posted by raf7
And if you need to blame anyone about this, I am right here. Smile

And I'd like some share of that too... since I also completely lost interest.
With the lead the Critters already had, I figured even with half way competent play there was just no catching him.

So either we would all lose... or the Critters threw the game on purpose.
Under the circumstances neither of those sat well with me.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gedrin: 09.06.2014 04:06.

09.06.2014 04:02 Gedrin is offline Send an Email to Gedrin Search for Posts by Gedrin Add Gedrin to your Buddy List
zoot Player-Rank: 3 zoot is a male
Builds Destroyers without Bathroom

images/avatars/avatar-276.gif

Registration Date: 02.09.2007

Crying

This is indeed a sad day. I invested 583.24 hours into this galaxy but I am still glad I did. It was 583.24 hours of joy and happiness, meeting 33 new friends, sharing a laugh and a joke along the way, talking about the good old days...

But we learn from our mistakes (eg Erwin). We must move on now.

See you in the next one
09.06.2014 05:38 zoot is offline Send an Email to zoot Homepage of zoot Search for Posts by zoot Add zoot to your Buddy List
pommiebastard Player-Rank: 3 pommiebastard is a male
Invades without Troop Ships

images/avatars/avatar-1246.jpg

Registration Date: 14.02.2014

Tongue Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Kill it. the woulda, shoulda, couldas, are all that can come out of this galaxy. these are the normal product of intelligent competitive people enjoying a fun game but, without the objective measure of a score then it is all that that is left. So lets move on and have a do over of some sort.

in the end I just want credit for the awesome system of planet naming that I came up with to be my game legacy. please check it out if you haven't seen it!

PS pure luck gave me the opportunity to come up with 39 planet names and a full 8 sector names so let that be the legacy of My New Philosophers Civ.

09.06.2014 05:39 pommiebastard is offline Send an Email to pommiebastard Search for Posts by pommiebastard Add pommiebastard to your Buddy List
tingling Player-Rank: 4 tingling is a male
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

Registration Date: 17.11.2010

BREAKING NEWS !!

News is spreading that the Grand Lizard Emperor of the Sakkra Dominion, Tinglosaur, has just been assassinated. For some time now, unrest had already been brewing among the feudal lords following Tinglosaur's tendency to be oblivious to his surroundings and too often laugh off matters that should be taken more seriously than he first realises. But with this assassination, the dominion has been thrown into a period of total havoc. The military has declared a state of emergency across Dominion worlds, and all female and shemale* Sakkrans and Sakkralings have been ordered to return to their subterranean homes for their safety. *The Sakkrans have evolved to have 3 sexes, the males, females, and shemales, in order for them to keep up their historically high rates of reproduction.*

As the feudal lords who once served the Grand Lizard Emperor with fierce loyalty now stare at a leadership void, various ambitious Sakkrans have stepped forward to claim themselves as the rightful heir of the dominion. Already, previous diplomatic ties forged by Tinglosaur are being disbanded and all diplomats are being recalled to the Sssla homeworld. Even worse, military cooperation among the Sakkrans has largely broken apart following competing perspectives in its community, with each faction advancing its own views, as has been endemic in the galaxy.

Among those who stepped forward, was Supreme Lord Tyran of Tyrannia, "Sssla has for too long proved its incapability to handle diplomatic situationsss with other racesss, and the glorious days of our empire are now long past. Sakkran dignity and pride have been totally disregarded as our fleets have been puppets for the KillerKats, being ordered around by those felinesss. As the leader of the second most advanced system of the Dominion, I shall lead the dominion back to its glories and show the other races that the Sakkra deserve to make their own military decisions."

"Not ssso fast Tyran,. We know you and your kind have always cast envious gaze on Tinglosaur. We suspect you have been involved in some kind of foulplay in the Grand Lizard Emperor's murder, and will not recognise you asss our emperor," exclaimed Prime Lord Sauron of Sauronia.

"Rawr! Who are you calling a murderer, Sauron. Do not forget that while you may be the onesss producing the cloaked fleets of the military, but our ships are the ones with cutting edge Sakkran weaponry with our anti heavy ship firepower. You and your ships are worthless without our support."

Suddenly, Ultimate Lord Ragazor of Ragazoria stepped in between the two, "Tyran, Sauron. You two may be the ones who have built up the Sakkran fleetsss of Godzilla and Iguana, but remember that your troops and crew are trained from Ragazoria. You will be well served to not forget that I am equally as qualified to lead the dominion as either of you."

"Ragazoria, you and your troopsss have not even engaged in any battle of meaningful kind since the battles against the Polizanians. Memory serves me that you hardly made any progress when you were put in charge to spearhead the crusade against them, even with the backing of the noble Cereal Killers as allies in the war. What makes you think you are worthy?" retorted Tyran.

"Do not lay blame on us for the failure to take more of the Polizanians, Tyran. If it was not for your shipyards not being able to churn out bombers in time, our troops could well have landed on the Polizanian HQ and ensured a sweet victory."

A pint sized Sakkran then stood up. "But no matter the excuses, you failed in protecting the people of the Smiley empires, and let the Polizanians take over their factories. Do you not remember the morale in our society when we realised that Smiley factories were no longer producing smileys and we can no longer import these? Look at all of us, now we have to show our sharp teeth again," exclaimed Chief Lord Sarezaear of Sarezaearia, one of the youngest of the feudal lords. "You let history repeat itself, just as our cousins let the Galactic Confederacy take our protectorate at the time after we accepted a surrender treaty without including the protectorate territories."

[To be continued...]

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by tingling: 09.06.2014 14:32.

09.06.2014 10:48 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List

Growing restless, Prime Lord Sauron then interrupted the discussion again. "We are Sakkrans. We are proud of our sharp teeth and of our glorious history. The Shamans have exposed the false godsss previously known as The Critters as a bunch of cheats. They were once more ancient and more reverred than the Orions and the Antarans, but now, these false gods have fallen and are no more. It was just like after the Second great war of Orion, when the galaxy came together against the Antarans. But as the Antaran threat dissipated, so did our cooperation, and now we stare at various factions vying for supremacy in the cosmos. "

"But first, we will need to contend with the Shaman ally of Iadoma, who has overseen a surge in technology much earlier than our empire, and have all their previous science planets converted into shipyardsss now. We will need better strategy to take them on," added Sarezaear.

Tyran then scoffed at this, and said, "And it was your people, Sarezaear, who have been slacking off in providing the Sakkran military with technology to match those of Iadoma and the rest. We've even fallen behind the technologies of Jax and the Polizanians. What say you of your responsibility in that?"

Sarezaear thought for a while, and replied, "Doing research is not as easy as it seems Lord Tyran. It takes a lot of time to put in place the right human resources and infrastructure to undertake meaningful research."

"Do not lie to us Sarezaear. We all know that it's just a matter of a click of the mouse to convert your citizens to scientistsss. All Sakkrans know that the micromanagers and planet governors have the ability to convert our citizens atin an instance."

"But forcing your will on your people can never bring about true productivity. Look at our science wastage, it's sky high because we're forcing our creative talentsss to work on technology to harm others when they just want to improve Sakkrakind," Sarezaear responded, increasingly defensive of his people.

"Creative! Do not even mention that word in front of this committee Sarezaear. Because of your like, the Sakkrans have grown soft and forgotten its battle-hardened history. Sakkran dignity and pride would never have dictated us to work with those KillerKats, Mrrshans in disguise, nor have a cordial relationship with the Psilans, those descendents of the big-brained Psilons. They can be the creative race, but we Sakkrans are not meant to be mentioned in the same breath with that word," Tyran exclaimed. "I say we launch a crusade against their descendentsss."

"You and what army Tyran," Sauron mocked. "The KillerKats are much nearer and we can easily take them on. For too long have they ordered the Dominion around."

"But they are practically inactive now. Isn't it against Sakkran pride to take on an opponent of inferior size?" asked Sarezaear.

"What then do you suggest? We fly to that far away star at Tau Ceti? They have always shown honor in their dealings, and have the respect of the commonfolk of the Sakkra? Or that empire from Down Under created from 583.24 hours of dedicated empire building? Or better yet, what about visiting the Philosophie Novelle. Would your scholars be more satisfied studying the system names left behind by the legacy of the pommiebastard era?" Sauron sarcastically asked.

Sarezaear's eyes then lit up, "As a matter of fact, I think we'd love that. There's a wealth of knowledge to be explored there. Famous works of Descartes, Newton, Jean-Jacques Rousseau. They even quote Voltaire! I have got to organise an excursion there!"

The room then fell silent. After all that squabbling, all the Sakkrans in the room realised that as much as each of them couldn't agree with one another, but ultimately, they were still a closely knit community (without sounding too gay), and goodwill and good sense is the order at the end of the day.

There may still be more flipflopping in policies of the Dominion as the different factions fight it out and advance their ideologies, but as the dust starts to settle, it seems that the Dominion is once again gearing up for interesting times ahead.

This post has been edited 7 time(s), it was last edited by tingling: 09.06.2014 14:20.

09.06.2014 11:02 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by tingling
BREAKING NEWS !!...

Awesome post!!!

09.06.2014 15:29 Gedrin is offline Send an Email to Gedrin Search for Posts by Gedrin Add Gedrin to your Buddy List
Radiance Player-Rank: 3 Radiance is a female
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1053.jpg

Registration Date: 13.05.2011

And then it was all stopped and you didn't have time to find out whether the KillerKats or Polizanians, etc. would have been so easy after all.
09.06.2014 15:48 Radiance is offline Send an Email to Radiance Search for Posts by Radiance Add Radiance to your Buddy List
Nekoj Player-Rank: 3
Scouts his own Systems

Registration Date: 17.02.2009

Hey Tingling,

We knew you were Sakkra from about turn 30 :-)

Your message to the Psilons did not help to obfuscate your true leader name :-)

I did like the fact that two of us pick MOO races :-p

Nekoj
10.06.2014 02:57 Nekoj is offline Send an Email to Nekoj Search for Posts by Nekoj Add Nekoj to your Buddy List

Actually who else but Tingling [who played "I am not the Psilons"... or something like that in the other galaxy he mentioned at the time] would recall the image used and accuse someone else of being tingling based upon it?

No one remembers the images months later 'cept the people who used them... Big Grin

10.06.2014 04:44 Gedrin is offline Send an Email to Gedrin Search for Posts by Gedrin Add Gedrin to your Buddy List

Dang why is everyone so smart here :p

10.06.2014 07:54 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
chrisadamley Player-Rank: 3

images/avatars/avatar-384.gif

Registration Date: 18.01.2007

Wow...some very interesting reading in this thread! Thanks to the person who pointed me here didn't know this had happened.

I can completely see why some people were very upset, and some people were ok with it.

Just interesting is all i have to say i guess, never would have suspected.

18.06.2014 16:15 chrisadamley is offline Send an Email to chrisadamley Search for Posts by chrisadamley Add chrisadamley to your Buddy List

For a while there I thought you were referring to my breaking news post :p but ya.. A bit of drama overall.. Gotta have some of it to get people posting on the forums nowadays :p

18.06.2014 17:48 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Radiance Player-Rank: 3 Radiance is a female
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1053.jpg

Registration Date: 13.05.2011

Well, actually, we KillerKats owe an apology to the Sakkrans. We were mad at them for not attacking Critters earlier. But Sakkrans had been attacked by Critters for one thing, and were victims of Critter cheating, for another. It turned out that Iadoma should have led a successful invasion--but Critters magically added defenses.

There was a time when Sakkra should have attacked--if Critters had been just lucky. But subconsciously, the Sakkrans felt uncomfortable--and they proved to be right. An attack would have been a failure because Critters would have cheated his way out of it.

Sakkra was right.
08.07.2014 01:00 Radiance is offline Send an Email to Radiance Search for Posts by Radiance Add Radiance to your Buddy List
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 8 9 [10] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » 5 Years of Cosmic Supremacy!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH