Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Arigato Party! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Arigato Party!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Multiglow Player-Rank: 4
Assigns Gov Schwarzenegger to all Planets

Registration Date: 02.02.2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am enjoying an extremely peaceful game.

Not at war with anyone yet.

BTW: Anyone who wants to declare war on me, be advised that if you do my baked bean powered fart ships will really ruin your party shortly thereafter.
19.07.2014 21:49 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
raf7 Player-Rank: 4
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-791.jpg

Registration Date: 14.05.2009

Thread Starter Thread Started by raf7
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

And there we have it...

One of the most epic galaxies ever played on the history of CS as come to an end, and everybody won... because it was EPIC! Smile

A great game, and a step in the direction of materializing the full potential that CS already has in providing fun and depth.

My initial intention was to reach Titan, but then the process of re-balancing the doctrine Tree begun, and I shifted towards Propaganda/Habitat/GA for known reasons. (Btw, Titan is completely out of reach because of the imbalance, but, even with the re-balanced Tree it is a very tough path to make viable - though on some settings its reward will eventually be worth it, when balance is reestablished).

Since early, I developed friendship with my neighbours, and kept my Tiger eyes on the Naga/Doma area. When it became clear that the two were together, I knew I had to adopt an offensive posture to cause a very specific effect. And so, as soon as I had a strong enough fleet, I moved forward to attack both, and to assault and control a key system, near their home systems. This move would prove to be decisive in strategic terms, initiating a long battle on that area that had a significant correlation with the shifting of the balance of power. With this, I was also protecting Ringo, Zimm, and Archi's territory, which would survive the war mostly intact.

After grabbing the key system, I went for Doma's transmitter planet, trying to dismantle his grid before it was fully powered, but a giant "northern" Alliance revealed itself, and I had to retreat temporarily. However, our "southern" counter-Alliance was still on the process of being formed, and the North already had ships flying together. So, I kept pressing as much as I could, taking risks were I had to, to keep the other side focused on my movements.

The South eventually rose to the occasion, and multiple war fronts were created, and war raged everywhere. Apart from my steady lead, the North was dominating the scoreboard (which is actually a powerboard) and had stronger fleets, but the South had greater numbers and more planets. With my planets sealed with super defenses, Varmint, my original Ally, was mercilessly targetted, and started his rogue-like epic travels through the galaxy, hitting, scratching and running, and surving everything with remarkable cunning.

I kept my Tiger stance near Doma/Naga, and pushed forward whenever I could, keeping the "vile" northerns on their toes. Again and again, I seeked an opportunity to breach Doma's defenses, and I finally got it. Investing heavily on bombers, and assuming a fleet speed of 70 with all my ships finally paid off, and I got an unexpected reward when a part of Doma's fleet crashed into mine. And with my fleet protected by Horatio, UNKNOWN and a couple of CC's, it was a full victory, and our passport to finally breaching the whole area. This was also a turning point, after which several of the southern Empires begun to climb up the ladder of global score.

A good word for all my Allies, with each and everyone of them playing a decisive role somewhere in time and space. Rising Sun was devastating on his offensive, showing that although Lightships hardly stand a chance to fight for the top positions on these settings, they can still be immensely valuable in strategic terms, and definitely great fun to play. Zimmerman's steady persistence was also remarkable, securing a key system well inside the northern territory since early, and finally entering the top 10 after conquering his spot with a good move.

A good word for all Opponents too, who threatened to overrun us at points, and were able to keep their wits about them when the upperhand somehow shifted to our side.

All in all, this was mostly a spontaneously juicy TG, with two sides that were able to articulate a remarkable level of Teamwork without any specific structure.

A superb celebration of 5 Years of Cosmic Supremacy!

Arigato to All!

11.08.2014 14:55 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List
tingling Player-Rank: 4 tingling is a male
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

Registration Date: 17.11.2010

Hehe. besides the fact that I suck at late-game.. I think it was a nice galaxy watching two factions fighting it out. I had a bad colonisation phase (mephures and CA sure colonise fast).. hardly joined any early attacks - because i decided i'll do something different this time and make friends and not build fleets early.. and couldnt join CA's efforts against Elohim or mephures against Monty.. had some decent midgames - destroying some raf ships for i think the first time in my CS career.. and intercepting some Ringo and Zimmermann attacks on ally planets.. then was totally incompetent defending against attacks by Rising Sun and Varmint.. and totally screwed up the ending of the game lol (nice move by Zimmermann btw.. I blame airport wifi being unstable for me not having time to check what was the safest decision to make.. but i guess i didn't expect such a huge fleet appearing at my door step.. lol.. and the least said about my attempt to launch one foray into enemy territory the better ;p)

O yea.. and Arigato for the galaxy too

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by tingling: 11.08.2014 16:32.

11.08.2014 16:31 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
bartosz1983 Player-Rank: 3 bartosz1983 is a male
Has Speed 5 Frigates

images/avatars/avatar-701.jpg

Registration Date: 25.11.2009

Rising Sun here. Fun gala no doubt about it.

Same as tingling I didn’t had the best colonization phase, mixture of my bad decisions and involvement in another gala.

Then I had more time to invest, quite fast I have found allies- It was Zimmerman who drag me into a war, so, as he suggested I jumped on Naga, and basically I focused mainly him, ignoring the rest. Had a few unsettled businesses with Itedakimasu (well more like he chased me away from his planets a few times). Didn’t have time or resources to counter - attack The Critter or You’re Stupid. Light fleet, not enough HP to breach heavy PD + HSE.

Hope that my involvement in the war was good enough, even I targeted only one empire, I was trying to be a painful as possible.

Anyways I think it was really good gala, a lot of data to process every turn, sometimes to many and I lost important bits in the conversations, lol. Well play all, thanks to my allies for all the fun.
11.08.2014 17:50 bartosz1983 is offline Send an Email to bartosz1983 Search for Posts by bartosz1983 Add bartosz1983 to your Buddy List
pommiebastard Player-Rank: 3 pommiebastard is a male
Invades without Troop Ships

images/avatars/avatar-1246.jpg

Registration Date: 14.02.2014

Zimmerman Here, that was a lot of fun!

Wow so many things to learn and some great lessons with this Arigato Party. I guess that I was the germ that lead to one of the great alliances and that was fun. I found that wanting to go down the left side of the docs chart for the first time left me in a sort of supporter role which I like being when in any alliance. especially when my initial allies had no Exo or lost there exo and I recaptured it to keep it out of the enemy hands. that and I had no need for it building frigates almost exclusively.

Thanks Tiger Claw for rescuing me and keeping my systems safe by taking most of the heat for most of the game!

it was fun going around unseen and surprising individual ships as they flew to join there perspective fleets. I always want to be efficient and by that I mean killing destroyers for the cost of corvettes and Killing cruisers for the cost of frigates and battleships for the price of 2 frigates. that was a lot of fun. Your Stupid and Itedakimasu were great targets and well you got to kill my fleets back a few times too. although I will take some of the credit for that as I sometimes did fallow some ship all the way to your planets or fully formed fleets in order to fall on your sword.

it was also fun disrupting troop distribution systems and making people protect/hide and eventually convoy troop ships. I think it is fun to make people change there habits in war and be much more inefficient about doing things.

and lastly I didn't enjoy figuring out better about the specialization stuff which goes against my nature. when I went to a different party and drunkenly didn't check my moves and went very bankrupt for a couple of turns, loosing 3500 very experienced troops and 200 Autofactories, all my beautiful Military acadamies and over 200 ships I did learn about it in rebuilding my military.

I definitely enjoyed traveling back and forth from one end of the galaxy to the other and then back again to earn a top 10 place from tingling in the last 10 turns of the game. that was fun for me.

thanks to all for playing with me and see you soon.

11.08.2014 19:58 pommiebastard is offline Send an Email to pommiebastard Search for Posts by pommiebastard Add pommiebastard to your Buddy List
tingling Player-Rank: 4 tingling is a male
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

Registration Date: 17.11.2010

quote:
Originally posted by pommiebastard
I definitely enjoyed traveling back and forth from one end of the galaxy to the other and then back again to earn a top 10 place from tingling in the last 10 turns of the game. that was fun for me.

thanks to all for playing with me and see you soon.

Aha.. and that's why I'm here in this community.. to let people have fun.. yeaa.. that's it.. I erm... gave up that top 10 spot so u could have fun.. yeaaaaaaaaa.. (lol.. good game btw)

why not join the team galaxy too? I'm sure you'll fit right in since you like playing as a support shipbuilder.. ?

12.08.2014 04:43 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Arigato Party!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH