Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Hazelnut Galaxy [Batched Ticks] » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hazelnut Galaxy [Batched Ticks]
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
raf7 Player-Rank: 4
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-791.jpg

Registration Date: 14.05.2009

Hazelnut Galaxy [Batched Ticks] Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

A new batch of Nuts is arriving to CS, and this time it's Hazelnuts!

Our second Batched Ticks Galaxy is set to start on September 19, and we are using this thread to prepare it. For those who are new to this format, here is a brief overview:
» Everyday, 10 fast turns are processed, and players cannot login while they are getting done;
» Then, the galaxy opens for login until the next batch;
» This means that we can play this galaxy with one login per day, and also that the good use of Governors and Admirals is highly advised.

The galaxy is configured as follows:

[Batches and Duration]
» 10 turns are processed every day, between 17:02 and 17:20 (2 minutes for each tick)
» Full duration of the game is set for 500 turns (50 days)

[Settings]
» Moderate number of planets per player (a ratio of 3 systems per seat)
» Normal multipliers (research, corruption, etc.)
» Stars are relatively distant from each other (Sector size = 325), and have 4 or 5 planets
» Planets are average in size and quality
» Non-configurable average HQ, and two juicies
» 7 colony ships
» 12 civ trait points

Who will master the settings and the batches, and win the Nut?

I have already PM'd Erwin, asking him to set a password and seal the batches from login, and we can begin the sign up process here and now! Smile

01.09.2014 15:28 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List
tingling Player-Rank: 4 tingling is a male
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

Registration Date: 17.11.2010

RE: Hazelnut Galaxy [Batched Ticks] Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

1. tingling

01.09.2014 15:38 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List

Thread Starter Thread Started by raf7
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

1. tingling
2. raf7

Note: If the Batched Ticks format is new to you, please make sure to read the first post before signing up.

01.09.2014 15:43 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List
Xeelee Player-Rank: 2
Scouts his own Systems

Registration Date: 26.06.2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

1. tingling
2. raf7
3. Xeelee

Note: If the Batched Ticks format is new to you, please make sure to read the first post before signing up.
02.09.2014 17:16 Xeelee is offline Send an Email to Xeelee Search for Posts by Xeelee Add Xeelee to your Buddy List
xmer Player-Rank: 2
Assigns Gov Schwarzenegger to all Planets

images/avatars/avatar-752.gif

Registration Date: 25.01.2010

1. tingling
2. raf7
3. Xeelee
4. xmer

04.09.2014 09:49 xmer is offline Send an Email to xmer Search for Posts by xmer Add xmer to your Buddy List
aragon Player-Rank: 2
Scouts his own Systems

images/avatars/avatar-794.gif

Registration Date: 01.01.2010

quote:
10 turns are processed every day, between 17:02 and 17:20 (2 minutes for each tick)

timezone?
05.09.2014 00:13 aragon is offline Send an Email to aragon Search for Posts by aragon Add aragon to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by aragon
quote:
10 turns are processed every day, between 17:02 and 17:20 (2 minutes for each tick)

timezone?

Hi aragon ! Smile

Those times are quoted in CET..

But note that at those times, you cannot log in to the game (i.e. you cannot see those ticks unfold).. so you don't need to be online at 17:02pm CET.. And it shouldn't be any great disadvantage if you cannot be online at that time.

Of course, there are slight exceptions - like being able to declare war at the last minute, changing your ship directions at the last minute, or setting your research at the last minute.. but those shouldn't lead to major disadvantages.

05.09.2014 03:51 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List

We will open this galaxy for direct sign up by tomorrow, and will be sending the password to the participants.

1. tingling
2. raf7
3. Xeelee
4. xmer

08.09.2014 20:47 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List

The Hazelnut Galaxy is now open for sign up!

I have PM'd Xeelee and xmer with the password (tingling already knows it).

Am looking forward to see more people joining this second ever opportunity to enjoy a CS game in full, with one login per day (the playfield is fully leveled in terms of activity). To join, add your name to the sign up list.

I for one am getting ready to crack some nuts. Wink

09.09.2014 22:50 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List

RE: Hazelnut Galaxy [Batched Ticks] Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm in Smile .. I actually forgot where the password was lol

10.09.2014 05:13 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Confused Player-Rank: 3 Confused is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Registration Date: 14.07.2009

considering its the hazelnut galaxy, my bet is on nutella being the password Tongue

10.09.2014 05:36 Confused is offline Send an Email to Confused Search for Posts by Confused Add Confused to your Buddy List
Multiglow Player-Rank: 4

Registration Date: 02.02.2010

Add me to the list...........I may as well be someones cannon fodder again.
10.09.2014 05:45 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List

1. tingling
2. raf7
3. Xeelee
4. xmer
5. Multiglow
11.09.2014 15:49 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
tmog66 Player-Rank: 2 tmog66 is a male
Arms Farmers, and Farms Armor

images/avatars/avatar-1235.jpg

Registration Date: 16.04.2010

Finally a galaxy I can get my hands on. Whoever came up with this idea for batched ticks is a genius. Wink

1. tingling
2. raf7
3. Xeelee
4. xmer
5. Multiglow
6. TMOG
7. ...
16.09.2014 06:51 tmog66 is offline Send an Email to tmog66 Homepage of tmog66 Search for Posts by tmog66 Add tmog66 to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by tmog66
Finally a galaxy I can get my hands on. Whoever came up with this idea for batched ticks is a genius. Wink

Lol. Nice one

Background story

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tingling: 16.09.2014 15:20.

16.09.2014 12:08 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
arnoldrimmer Player-Rank: 2
Wonders where that new Farmer came from

Registration Date: 31.01.2013

Is sighn up for hazelnut galaxy still open?
How do you get the password?
18.09.2014 21:54 arnoldrimmer is offline Send an Email to arnoldrimmer Search for Posts by arnoldrimmer Add arnoldrimmer to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by arnoldrimmer
Is sighn up for hazelnut galaxy still open?
How do you get the password?

Yes, the game will be launching its first batch by tomorrow at 17h CET, and meanwhile I will be present to PM the password to anyone still signing up.

So arnoldrimmer, please add your name to the list and check your PM Inbox for the password.

18.09.2014 22:57 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List

Set up my governors this time and raring to go.. Let's crack some nuts..

Could use more players Btw..

19.09.2014 08:00 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List

I think that my governors will manage to do something really stupid that will result, once again, in me getting my nuts cracked.

Oh well it will be a fun game anyway.

GL everyone.
19.09.2014 16:25 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 4

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

Wish you all Good luck. I thought about playing, but decided I needed a break for awhile.
It is a fun format Big Grin
20.09.2014 00:44 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Hazelnut Galaxy [Batched Ticks]

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH