Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Hazelnut Galaxy [Batched Ticks] » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hazelnut Galaxy [Batched Ticks]
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tmog66 Player-Rank: 2 tmog66 is a male
Arms Farmers, and Farms Armor

images/avatars/avatar-1235.jpg

Registration Date: 16.04.2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks for giving the rest of us a chance Sygor. lol.

And that's what this version is all about. Practicing making awesome governors. A skill essential to this format, but can be used in any format, so playing these modes can only make you better at normal CS.
20.09.2014 00:53 tmog66 is offline Send an Email to tmog66 Homepage of tmog66 Search for Posts by tmog66 Add tmog66 to your Buddy List
geralth Player-Rank: 3 geralth is a male
Invades without Troop Ships

images/avatars/avatar-1199.jpg

Registration Date: 02.02.2013

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

1. tingling
2. raf7
3. Xeelee
4. xmer
5. Multiglow
6. TMOG
7. geralth

did i miss anyone?

21.09.2014 00:52 geralth is offline Send an Email to geralth Homepage of geralth Search for Posts by geralth Add geralth to your Buddy List
raf7 Player-Rank: 4
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-791.jpg

Registration Date: 14.05.2009

Thread Starter Thread Started by raf7

geralth,

the game has already rolled two batches - we are currently at turn 22. I am sending you the password anyway, and you are welcome to still join.

21.09.2014 01:25 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List
tingling Player-Rank: 4 tingling is a male
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

Registration Date: 17.11.2010

So we're moving 11 turns each batch it seems.. No big deal I think.. Just a minor adjustment

21.09.2014 04:01 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List

It is steadily producing 11 turns per batch...

Probably because of my config. I believe the 24h tick is counting as extra, and I did not think it would. Am not sure if we can change it now, but as far as game rythm goes I think we are ok.

26.09.2014 14:47 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List

Yep.. 11 works for me.. I did a bit of experiments with prime time ticks before. My notes is something like this

Meh.. Lousy clipboard on my phone.. I put it in the thread called tingling's test bed galaxy

Research journal for primetime ticks test bed
Normal turn length = 3 mins
Faster start turns = 2 mins for 95 turns
Prime time 17:10 to 17:15 @ 5 mins
Ticked to turn 92 at 16:56
Ticked to turn 93 at 16:58
Ticked to turn 94 at 17:00
Ticked to turn 95 at 17:02
Ticked to turn 96 at 17:03 !! (multiple of 3 mins)
Ticked to turn 97 at 17:06
Ticked to turn 98 at 17:09
Ticked to turn 99 at 17:10 !! (start of prime time)
Ticked to turn 100 at 17:15
Ticked to turn 101 at 17:20 !!!!! (unintended 5 mins tick)
Ticked to turn 102 at 17:21 !!

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by tingling: 26.09.2014 16:16.

26.09.2014 15:22 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Multiglow Player-Rank: 4
Hurries Production on Hotdog Stands

Registration Date: 02.02.2010

What it is actually doing is, I hope a mistake.

I noticed something three days ago and thought it was a mistake but it is doing it each day.

While it processes 10 turns in prime time and locks us all out while doing so, immediately after the 10th turn it will let you log on and watch the 11th turn as it processes.

While this provides no real advantage during the colonization stage, it sure as hell will once the battles start.

Any ideas?
26.09.2014 15:57 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List

Oh.. That does sound like a problem.. We can still change vi prime time tick settings and make it 10 turns

26.09.2014 16:14 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Multiglow Player-Rank: 4
Hurries Production on Hotdog Stands

Registration Date: 02.02.2010

Add 5 mins to the prime time lock out and the problem is solved.
26.09.2014 16:43 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List

Well that kinda is Erwin's domain.. I dunno if it's easy for him to do.. Changing prime time ticks is within my powers though

26.09.2014 17:38 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List

The Hazelnut has been cracked, and my Birds got the main Nut! Smile

Scarlet Ibis are early birds, and the flock eventually got a good number of planets. However, there were no exotics on our side of the nut. So, my simple plan was to create an attack fleet to conquer some of the green stuff. Instead of researching AI, I went for Anti-Matter drives, Frigates and Beam Lasers, created a very capable fleet, and attacked the player in second place (who had 2 exos). Got an exo with output 5 (low defenses), and offered 25 turns of cease-fire so that my opponent could prepare himself better for war. I was also hoping an Alliance could rise to challenge my lead, but instead of that the number 3 Empire also attacked the number 2. So, after grabbing two juicy planets, I simply let my economic machine roll, built up a good lightfleet, and easily controlled the first position. I used troop defense on all my planets (at least 2 Fortresses, and ready to build the 3rd), and after a long period of using PD on several galaxies, I quite enjoyed the change.

For those interested in learning by observation, the replay should provide very good clues on how to manage planets in order to build up a strong early lightfleet, and then upgrade them towards long term development.

05.11.2014 18:05 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List

Ohhh.. I didn't even know ibises are birds Tongue <-- and apparently Wikipedia said 'ibises' is the plural form of ibis.. see.. you can always trust wiki...... heh..

Good game again raf.. erm.. sorry I hardly joined any attacks.. I'm still not used to having to plan in batches and especially with colonisation lol.. probably should have sent out scouts earlier.. hmmm.. (and not forget that there is a galaxy going on heh).. over-extended myself in too many galaxies there :(

05.11.2014 18:11 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Xeelee Player-Rank: 2
Has Speed 5 Frigates

Registration Date: 26.06.2010

I was two or three batches away from getting Science Labs when I had to go hospital and couldn't log in for ten days. My default governor took over planets that had reached max pop and assigned most citizens to research because there was nothing better to do. But unfortunately default governors do not build Universities...

Nevertheless, when I was back home I had accumulated over one million science points. Going from Advanced Networking to Deep-Space Scanning in 5 turns really made me feel alive again.

Later Admiral von Nussen declared war on me and took my super science planet. My admirals were able to interupt his reinforcement lines. His now isolated fleet conquered two more planets from me until it eventually suicided into my PD and main fleet. He then probably decided that there are easier targets out there...

I had some more fun when I discovered one of von Nussen's wormhole entrances and ordered one of my admirals to disrupt his reinforcement lines once again.
05.11.2014 23:35 Xeelee is offline Send an Email to Xeelee Search for Posts by Xeelee Add Xeelee to your Buddy List
tmog66 Player-Rank: 2 tmog66 is a male
Arms Farmers, and Farms Armor

images/avatars/avatar-1235.jpg

Registration Date: 16.04.2010

Tricky Tricky Xeelee. I, Admiral von Nussen was eager to move up the ranks so I built a nice fleet and saw got any nuts had practically no defense. I attacked and took several planets and met almost no resistance (due to Ibis?). Low on money I turned to to Nutty professor who graciously spent millions to support a second fleet that would attack Ratatoksr. The attacks went well at first and I was hoping to bring Nutty Professor up to fourth place, but the response from Ratatoksr was swift and decisive. I miscalculated the rate at which he was building defense after taking several planets (too cocky) and lost my second fleet to Ratatoksr. I took a break to gather my forces and move to the other side of the galaxy with a quick wormhole. Ratatoksr got back at me when he discovered my wormhole and cut off my supplies of reinforcements. Fortunately I was taking planets like mad from the still undefended got any nuts and was able to reinforce there with his old planets while my home planets on the other side of the wormhole just built ships and orbited. My remote fleet gathered so many planets that my score shot up faster than anyone in the game previously while Ratatoksr sat building up more impregnable defense. Poland made a last ditch attempt at my ally Nutty professor so I took a few of his ships in hopes that he couldn't knock my ally out of position.
06.11.2014 08:10 tmog66 is offline Send an Email to tmog66 Homepage of tmog66 Search for Posts by tmog66 Add tmog66 to your Buddy List

Can we have another batched ticks galaxy next?

I think we can open it without forum sign up my password rite?

12.06.2015 21:58 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
mephures Player-Rank: 3
Scouts his own Systems

Registration Date: 02.08.2009

Very great idea !
13.06.2015 03:35 mephures is offline Send an Email to mephures Search for Posts by mephures Add mephures to your Buddy List

Any preferred galaxy settings?

13.06.2015 07:56 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
mephures Player-Rank: 3
Scouts his own Systems

Registration Date: 02.08.2009

Why not a very big and juicy galaxy giving time for everybody to dev their favorite strategy def/att .... distance between systems must be enormous. Just to generate, in the second stage, crazy fights between crazy fleets ! and giving sense to an early wormhole strategy.
14.06.2015 00:00 mephures is offline Send an Email to mephures Search for Posts by mephures Add mephures to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Hazelnut Galaxy [Batched Ticks]

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH