Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Economic crisis galaxy » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Economic crisis galaxy 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
pommiebastard Player-Rank: 3 pommiebastard is a male
Builds Destroyers without Bathroom

images/avatars/avatar-1246.jpg

Registration Date: 14.02.2014

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

yes I totally understand the desire to HOLD on for a Few more turns! Shocked

04.11.2014 01:22 pommiebastard is offline Send an Email to pommiebastard Search for Posts by pommiebastard Add pommiebastard to your Buddy List
Triple Crown Player-Rank: 2

images/avatars/avatar-1208.jpg

Registration Date: 25.02.2013

Thread Starter Thread Started by Triple Crown
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Can someone tell me how the 700 tick limit appeared? Did someone vote for galaxy to end or something?
04.11.2014 08:45 Triple Crown is offline Send an Email to Triple Crown Search for Posts by Triple Crown Add Triple Crown to your Buddy List
tingling Player-Rank: 4 tingling is a male
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

Registration Date: 17.11.2010

I did.. I thought there wasn't gonna be war :p and you can ask Erwin to verify that I didn't manually set that.. I voted like any other player could

I can extend it though.. There is one thing on my agenda

04.11.2014 11:06 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List

You mean - to glue up with Misty and try to screw us all? Mad

Its weird because it all of a sudden popped that its something like 650/700 ticks. I wasnt warned 100 ticks before the end. Also, the number 700 seems to be too round to be just coincidental. So perhaps someone did screw something.

If you have at least smallest doubts, extend the galaxy.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Triple Crown: 04.11.2014 13:36.

04.11.2014 13:28 Triple Crown is offline Send an Email to Triple Crown Search for Posts by Triple Crown Add Triple Crown to your Buddy List

Nahh.. It's been there since turn 600.. the end vote feature usually checks at turn 600 (forgot if it's because it's a minimum or because it only checks every 100 turns)

04.11.2014 13:52 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List

O yay.. 3 mil score !! Lol

So I guess I'll let it end at turn 700?

05.11.2014 15:24 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List

Yay.. Finally won an FFA galaxy..

With quite a few fleets destroyed heh.. right till the last few turns. Thanks for the game guys.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tingling: 09.11.2014 01:00.

09.11.2014 00:59 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
pommiebastard Player-Rank: 3 pommiebastard is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1246.jpg

Registration Date: 14.02.2014

great Job Ting, I would have loved to have killed your fleet at least once but I never had the power. Great fun thanks everyone for playing, You make it worth while.

C U all in the next game. Smile

09.11.2014 03:49 pommiebastard is offline Send an Email to pommiebastard Search for Posts by pommiebastard Add pommiebastard to your Buddy List

I lost one fleet at the end to Triple Crown Tongue I thought it was a small fleet forming up heh and I could take it with just 30+ destroyers..

I named my fleets after characters from a book called Flash Boys by Michael Lewis. I just finished reading it lol - and I think it's a great read btw.

Brad Katsuyama : My main fleet throughout the galaxy, which was split up from an initial mix of faster and slower ships. I named the faster component of my first fleet as Brad, which was mostly made up of grav or AM drive frigates at first (speed ~50ish), then later added with heavy bombers, and carried the most troops for most attacks. It raided My Acccountant, and later on Penny, as well as you, Jasta/pommiebastard.. And was also involved in the last great war with Jasta+Penny+Scrooge, taking planets from Scrooge and some of Jasta, before finally finishing up planets of US.

Ronan Ryan : This was initially named Brad itself, being my initial slow fleet (speed ~39) for small raids. Built with pre-grav drives tech I believe.. They were involved with the raid on BHe3aT.. which turned out to be an inactive player (I try not to attack inactive players usually, but I think I gave in to the temptation this time :p).. Then this fleet helped to defend against US's attempts to extradite alleged terrorists on our soil. It was boosted by some grav drive and higher frigs (which would later itself be named Brad) and helped see to it that the US didn't use their pre-emptive strikes as an excuse to land their troops on our land.. It was also conveniently close to your exo planet, Jasta, so I could launch a strike on two fronts with this Ronan fleet hehe.

John Schwall : My main destroyer fighter force (speed ~65), which carried most of the big guns and was following Brad most of the time during that last great war against Jasta+Penny+Scrooge. I couldn't take you guys together even with both Brad and John together, but I was trying to get Jasta to attack Brad alone, with John hiding a bit out of scan range and I was trying to time them to join the battle at the same time. Too bad you saw the trap I was trying to lay :p John did end up getting to destroy both US and Misty's main fleets at the end of the galaxy though heh (although in separate battles).

Sergey Aleynikov : My cloaked frigate fleet that tried to go behind the joint fleet of Jasta+Penny+Scrooge, and get Jasta to agree to peace for a second time in the galaxy :p (actually you guys could have possibly overwhelmed me.. but I was trying to deal more damage to your shipyards with Brad+John on one front and Sergey in another - before you could do as much to me). It also helped that it could quite easily overcome US's defences in his fringe systems, so I could take several planets on two fronts too when I was trying to make sure there would be no "smallest doubts" left in the galaxy.

Rob Park : Erm.. the only fleet that I lost lol when I underestimated what US was sending towards me heh. I saw some enemy ships that were gathering towards my non-core systems, and got all my newer ships that hadn't joined up with John to assemble to deal with the threat from US's ships. This defensive fleet dealt with one smaller threat, but then missed the fact that US's main fleet was also nearby heh.. I had to call in John to avenge their loss.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by tingling: 09.11.2014 08:32.

09.11.2014 08:30 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List

I kinda had a bit too much fun in this galaxy waging war in every direction.. and thought I just have to share it in pictures lol

The logbook of the war-crazy general...

1st War : Attacking an inactive player

2nd War Big Battle I : US tries to attack my planet (under some preemptive strike excuse to extradite terrorists :p

2nd War Big Battle II : He just didn't give up (Close match btw)

3rd War : Some time ater peace with US, went after #1 leader in the galaxy

4th War : After accountant threw in the towel, I gathered a force to take on Penny who was developing well

5th War : Before Jasta wanted to join in the fun too (luckily his allies weren't ready yet)

4th War (cont'd) : After making Jasta sign peace, went for Penny again with more bombers

6th War : Peace with Jasta runs out. He joins Penny to take out my wormhole system near them. Scrooge and his cloaked ships join in too

6th War (cont'd) : They even bring out the bios

6th War (cont'd) : After deciding I can't attack them head on, I decided to hit Scrooge with a fleet that could take several planets at once

6th War (cont'd) : Then failing to draw out their fleets to fight in isolation, we traded blows to each others' planets - but I eventually hit their core systems before they could do the same to me, and got Jasta to agree to peace.. again

2nd War Part II : Decided to go after some unfinished business

2nd War (cont'd) : A bit of a screwup

2nd War (cont'd) : But got my revenge

7th War : And innocent Play Misty got picked on just so I could finish the galaxy with some fireworks

11.11.2014 18:11 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
War_Cross Player-Rank: 3 War_Cross is a male
Assigns Gov Schwarzenegger to all Planets

images/avatars/avatar-1303.jpg

Registration Date: 20.06.2014

Yea Tingling Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You played a great game.
24.12.2014 03:24 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List

RE: Yea Tingling Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thats not that much compared to my first-ever galaxy played where I conquered 75% of all galaxy space Evil
24.12.2014 10:06 Triple Crown is offline Send an Email to Triple Crown Search for Posts by Triple Crown Add Triple Crown to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Economic crisis galaxy

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH