Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Psilon Hero Galaxy » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (7): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Psilon Hero Galaxy
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
mizzihood Player-Rank: 4 mizzihood is a male
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-1137.gif

Registration Date: 04.10.2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ok, let's move on then.
29.11.2014 22:17 mizzihood is offline Send an Email to mizzihood Homepage of mizzihood Search for Posts by mizzihood Add mizzihood to your Buddy List
aldin Player-Rank: 2
Puts Shields on Colony Ships

Registration Date: 13.10.2012

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Bottom line is I had much fun and enjoyed fighting you, forgot to mention that.
Chessmaster Smile
29.11.2014 22:19 aldin is offline Send an Email to aldin Search for Posts by aldin Add aldin to your Buddy List
raf7 Player-Rank: 4

images/avatars/avatar-791.jpg

Registration Date: 14.05.2009

With the Galaxy immerse in many questions, GNN is about to release a special documentary and an exclusive interview, covering the latest events and revealing the truth about the Ancient scroll discovered by the Sakkra. Stay tuned, as we show you images of the great battle that has happened, and its grave consequences.

GNN broacasts a documentary (with background music only), that shows the Mue fleet being engaged by the Sakkra in deep space. Eleys Mue is last seen, proud and sad, leading her fleet into full destruction. As soon as the news reaches New Altaria, the reaction of the population is beyond shocking: one by one, every citizen of the Empire slowly abandons life, seeking purification by flames, jumping into the void to seek the embrace of the eternal, or simply laying down and collapsing to the passage of time.

We will be back shortly, with an interview that may change your perpective on Life itself...

30.11.2014 19:58 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List
mizzihood Player-Rank: 4 mizzihood is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1137.gif

Registration Date: 04.10.2009

The Sakkra have undertaken transdimensional computer construction and have temporarily entered through a one directional wormhole into year 2014 Human time. They will return in a few days, but have contacted Darlok spies to sabotage Antarean fleet making unable to attack.
30.11.2014 22:19 mizzihood is offline Send an Email to mizzihood Homepage of mizzihood Search for Posts by mizzihood Add mizzihood to your Buddy List

The Antaran are outraged by the Sakkra sabotage!

The Darlok spies have been properly cooked, and the repairs will last at least a few days.

30.11.2014 22:37 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List

Back to you, live from the Psilon Hero Galaxy, and, as promised, with an exclusive interview with a remarkable Antaran citizen.

» Claire, is everything ready for the interview?

A young woman appears on the holo-screen, apparently distracted by her own thoughts...

» What?! Oh...! We're live already? Hi! Big Grin I mean... Good evening!
» It has been a while since we've seen you, Claire. Is it true that you are back to GNN, and to your special field missions?
» Well, I hope so! Smile
» What happened? Why did it took you so long to get back on the air?
» What happened was that we got bombarded back then, on our last mission, while covering the first edition of the CS Cup.

The holo-screen shows a GNN studio, completely razed by Vibe and Mood bombs, and Claire, coming out of the wreckage quite hurt, and with a sad face.

» Took me a while to recover from that!
» Well, it is good to have you back. Can you tell us where you are now?
» We are in New Tarak the largest Antaran planet in the galaxy, in the house of the Revered... (looks at a paper in her hand)... Thrxxm'Kpssf, who is considered to be a Messiah, the first to ever have born to this strange species! And we are going to interview him! Big Grin
» Sounds great, Claire!

We will be back with the interview, after the break!

30.11.2014 22:42 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List

And we are back, with the first part of this exclusive and unique interview.

The camera shows a strange house, which looks more like a cave from the inside, formed by a strange mix of mineral and organic matter. A deep voice greets the GNN Team...

» Wow, mister revered sir, this is a cool place you have here! Big Grin
» It's cold? Would you like me to increase the room temperature for you humans, miss Claire?
» No... erm... by cool I mean... it's all right, and quite nice to see...
» I know... Smile Just wanted to see your "how to explain this to an alien" face.
» Oh! I didn't know Antarans had a sense of humor?
» My dear, I consider sense of humor to be an essential part of a Spiritual Leader's good health.
» Well, that is good to know! Big Grin I mean, you do look kind of scary and all.
» And you look absolutely delicious!
» Hmm... Red Face In case you may try anything, I have to warn you that I am skilled with a honey pot.
» Worry not my dear, my diet has evolved along with my mind. Nowadays, it's just the occasional living insect on a special celebration...
» Ah! Well then, shall we address the questions that have been keeping the galaxy wondering, mister Revered... (looks at her hand, but the paper isn't there...) erm... Trutukk'Katanuk?
(The Revered inexistent eyebrows seem to raise slightly)
» What is this Antaran Cultural Revolution we have been hearing about?
(The Antaran sits back, and breaths deeply)
» As we know, the Orion imprisioned our species in a pocked Dimension after defeating us in the prime material plane. We were infuriated (even more than usual Wink ), and loathed them for eons of time. And then I was born, and started meditating about our condition. After a while, a question formed in my mind: "Why did the Orion keep us alive?" When shared with the Collective Mind, the answer was: "Because they are weak, and can't even kill their enemies and feast in their blood properly!" And from this, a second question appeared in my mind: "If they are weak, how come they defeated us?" There was a brief silence in the Collective Mind, followed by a raging scream of hatred that lasted half a generation. Somehow, during this period, we discovered how to reach the physical dimension again, and Raid the existing species (the age of MoO 2). When the collective scream ended, I was acknowledged as an Antaran Messiah, and as our perspective changed, we somehow recovered the ability to exist in the prime material plane.
» Amazing stuff, mister Tururu'CousCous! Surprised So that is how you found your way into the Psilon Hero Galaxy! Stay tuned everybody, because we will be addressing the mystery of the Ancient scroll, right after the break... Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by raf7: 06.12.2014 20:24.

06.12.2014 20:22 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List
tingling Player-Rank: 4 tingling is a male
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

Registration Date: 17.11.2010

I miss Claire.. it's been some time.. I hardly even remember where the honey pot reference is from, although I remember there's a background to that.. Guess I should just try searching the forums.. or I'll let someone go find it out :p

07.12.2014 02:30 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by tingling
I miss Claire.. it's been some time.. I hardly even remember where the honey pot reference is from, although I remember there's a background to that.. Guess I should just try searching the forums.. or I'll let someone go find it out :p

Yup, there is a background... Claire already has some good stories to tell. Tongue

btw, anyone knows how to create a link to a specific post within a thread. I have done it before, but I can't remember how.

10.12.2014 00:02 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List

I do this

PS.. Nice to read back on old times :p

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by tingling: 10.12.2014 03:09.

10.12.2014 03:07 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List

quote:
I do this

PS.. Nice to read back on old times :p

Thanks for the link to post tip... Smile

12.12.2014 06:33 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List

Back to our interview!

But first, some fresh news from around the galaxy:
» After their hired sabotage to the Antaran fleet, the Sakkra got into trouble with the Darlok because of some disagreement in the terms of payment. So, the Darlok contacted the Gnolam, who released a nasty operation on the Reptilian Economy... making it disappear! Twice! And for good! Surprised
» As the Psilon Hero Ekar Orgit steadily expands his head shape across the galaxy, building upon the ruins of the shattered Mue, the researcher race finally recovers some of its ancient pride.

And now, let's return to New Tarak, with Claire C. All!

» And here we are, back into the hive, with the Revered... erm... Truktruk'Kulfingers, to unveil the secret of the Ancient Scroll found by the Sakkra. And before that, would you like to offer your perspective on the Mue vs Sakkra war?
» Certainly miss Claire... It was basically a traditional conflict, based on aggression and fear. The Mue built big defensive facilities, and were shocked to see the Sakkra building a fleet to attack them; the Sakkra filled wheir planets with warriors, and were shocked to see the Mue using anti-bio weaponry. Both races spent a great amount of energy, experienced suffering, and ultimately collapsed.
» But it was a war. How else could they have fought it?
» The ability to breathe while facing trouble can open many doors, creating solutions that can be stronger than any weapon...
» Ah! A mystic approach to full scale war?
» Not mystical, practical. Keeping a rooted posture while facing dangers makes the difference between collapse and evolution, both in victory and in defeat.
» That is some deep stuff there, mister Revered. The Antaran are sure lucky to have you as their guide.
» My dear, believe me, it took a while for the Antaran to see any value in my words. I had to literally dismember several cases of fierce opposition across the centuries.
» Really! Shocked And how did they come to accept you as a Leader?
(The Revered breathes deeply, as if he was looking upon the Past)
» Collective acceptance is a recent thing. But when my prophecies became true, my race eventually developed the ability to look within. We were Masters of Fear and Aggression, we were the Demons in the galactic nightmares of all intelligent species, we were Evil incarnated... but when the Orion defeated and showed compassion, that compassion eventually transformed us. Through their option, we met a force that is Greater that the powers we knew, and we are slowly growing to embrace it.
» Wow! I am not sure if I can fully understand what you mean, sir, but I do think that there is something big there. Anyway, do the Sakkra scrolls have anything to do with your prophecies?
» Yes, they do. The Sakkra Scrolls describe an Ancient Pact between the Antaran and the Lizards, where we agreed to once again meet in the Prime Material Plane. We share a deep genetic link (I guess we got lucky with our distinct physical appearence though!), and a common path that will eventually transform both races. The scroll manifested itself into the physical reality because the Sakkra accepted one of our colonies in one of their systems (around a Star they called Ancient), which was the necessary condition for this Revelation. However, we also share a similar link with the other species, and our destiny is to transcend our differences and rediscover our Spiritual Legacy as Self-Sentient Beings.
» Great stuff! How amazing that someone with such a vision as yours would be born to a race like the Antaran!
» Not amazing, inevitable. I am a spiritual son of the Great Orions, born to the Antaran as a manifestation of the Gift they provided to this race before Ascending.
» Mister Trutru'Kwokwokwok, I am starting to have a levitating feeling myself by listening to your words! So, I guess this is the right time to end this awesome interview! Thank you for your kindness and your time! Big Grin

12.12.2014 08:00 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List

The Psilon Hero Galaxy is over, and GNN is back with the latest news:

» After his steady recovery of the former Mue planets, the hero Ekar Orgit tried to reactivate the Psilon ability to wage war, and planned a late attack on the Antaran to raise the collective fighting spirit of his race. However, the Antaran were able to somehow foresee the move, and stationed a cloaked fleet just on the right spot! While striking Eden 2 (an Antaran planet in the mythical Eden system), Ekar's fleet was completely pulverized!

» Showing that they Cultural Revolution is much more than words, the Antaran achieved full Supremacy by simply keeping their wits about them. From New Antares to New Tarak, the once fully beligerant species openly celebrated their victory, with cloaked firecrackers, cherry milkshakes (mixed inside the Orinios nebula!) and an assortment of insect croquettes.

» The Klackon were outraged and filed a complaint regarding the menu. They may be gathering their forces as we speak, preparing to present their claim... on the next galaxy!

14.12.2014 09:20 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List

Congrats raf.. I still can't understand how you manage to process all that's going on in the galaxy.. I just blur out after a while.. but thanks for playing guys.. sorry I wasn't much of a sport and saw the game to the end (I know that's frowned upon.. and I'm guilty as charged)..

Seems like I'm never gonna reach rank 4.. ah well.. A lot of my fame points are undeserved anyway lol

14.12.2014 17:38 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List

quote:
Congrats raf.. I still can't understand how you manage to process all that's going on in the galaxy.. I just blur out after a while.. but thanks for playing guys.. sorry I wasn't much of a sport and saw the game to the end (I know that's frowned upon.. and I'm guilty as charged)..

Seems like I'm never gonna reach rank 4.. ah well.. A lot of my fame points are undeserved anyway lol

Thanks Ting...

Actually, from the many 1h galaxies that I have played, this was the one to which I least frequently logged. I signed up a few ticks after it started, and at points only went in once a day. But the time I did dedicate was always quality time. I think that is what gives me the depth to observe what is happening, and keeps me in the game for its whole duration... Wink

Would also like to share that the Antarans were in third place during the first half of the game, and my roleplay intention was to deliver strikes on the 1st position (whoever that was), reviving the MoO2 antaran raiding feeling. However, when I was getting ready to strike the Sakkra, they asked me for help because they could not breach Mue's defenses or fleet. And Mue had also asked me for help, because the Sakkra had a big bomber fleet. In my best ability to decide, I chose neutrality (because my intervention on behalf of either side would easily be decisive), and roleplayed the Cultural Revolution.

Was waiting for mizzi for a nice fight during the 2nd half of the game, but he unfortunately got swallowed by other stuff in his daily life, and his autopilot could not hold his economy together. That, or the Darlok and Gnolam did nail the Sakkra, somewhere in the RP Dimension... Smile

Btw, I think that creating a tradition on RP galaxies might be a good thing for CS. If more players can grasp the concept, it can add a dimension of great fun to the game.

15.12.2014 11:33 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by raf7
Btw, I think that creating a tradition on RP galaxies might be a good thing for CS. If more players can grasp the concept, it can add a dimension of great fun to the game.

Sounds nice.. but my only concern is that not a lot of players are able to find to actually see the galaxy unfold in a way to be able to roleplay - that's what I faced in this galaxy.. I had no idea what was going on most of the time and basically just spaced out.. I guess it takes too much effort because it's not something that comes naturally to me - that's why I cant spend quality time really when I do log in.. something I haven't learnt from the best heh..

I should really go and read up that chapter on resilience in your player guide again hmm

15.12.2014 19:21 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by raf7

Sounds nice.. but my only concern is that not a lot of players are able to find to actually see the galaxy unfold in a way to be able to roleplay - that's what I faced in this galaxy.. I had no idea what was going on most of the time and basically just spaced out.. I guess it takes too much effort because it's not something that comes naturally to me - that's why I cant spend quality time really when I do log in.. something I haven't learnt from the best heh..

I should really go and read up that chapter on resilience in your player guide again hmm

Notice however that I roleplayed two things: the Antarans and GNN.

To roleplay GNN, yes, I do use some extra awareness, because it is, as much as possible, covering all the events. But to roleplay your own Empire you can actually include your "lack of awareness" as a racial feature and have fun with it. Smile

My guide will still directly address the subject of activity, on the last chapter... Maybe I can offer some good additional help on that... Wink

16.12.2014 13:01 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List

The galaxy is what you make it Ting and you can role-play from the perspective of the char traits you took, imaginary or not. You don't need many in-game events to interact and build up your char. The key in my opinion is communication between players and news events that unravel some important or less important things about your empire.

To play a role, in my humble opinion, you build up your personality linking briefly with in-game events. You build up tensions between empires for a specific reason, you show it, you warn, threaten, mobilize fleet, show them you did it. As a peaceful civ you can publicly warn, condemn, talk about discoveries, treaties and so on. In wars you conquer and hit what you want, nearby enemy worlds, worlds in your systems, resource worlds that you lack, you build up a story for it.
You don't go and conquer empire home worlds to force them to quit in one strike and zero social or RP interaction just because you can.
A role play shouldn't be a fame or score game, but a social and an imagination game with the ego fight over the role-play messages we come up with and not who has the more bullshit fleet or who killed who faster. I think there is plenty of that in the other games.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by aldin: 16.12.2014 14:55.

16.12.2014 14:43 aldin is offline Send an Email to aldin Search for Posts by aldin Add aldin to your Buddy List

Hmm.. Very true points.. What about combining the next role play galaxy with Sygor's idea of the building blocks of life galaxy? But this time make it at least 2 or 3 hour turns :p

Anyone interested in that ?

16.12.2014 19:00 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List

Sure, 1 hr ticks are way too hardcore, I had to abandon also at some point, RL was getting to me hehe.
16.12.2014 19:21 aldin is offline Send an Email to aldin Search for Posts by aldin Add aldin to your Buddy List
Pages (7): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Psilon Hero Galaxy

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH