Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » 2014 Hall Of Fame » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 2014 Hall Of Fame
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
raf7 Player-Rank: 4
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-791.jpg

Registration Date: 14.05.2009

Thread Starter Thread Started by raf7
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

CS 2014 FFA Hall of Fame
(Update: 12th of October, 2014)

A full update from 4 months of galaxies.

Unranked galaxies winners
Galaxy 250: vvv
Galaxy 251: swinejelly
Galaxy 252: Irken
Galaxy 253: Espoir
Galaxy 254: Sambuca
Galaxy 255: Dyce
Galaxy 256: Essedes
Galaxy 257: TrueFrE3QnC
Galaxy 258: BHe3aTTHblu_JloCb
Galaxy 259: War_Cross
Galaxy 260: Eason
Galaxy 261: War_Cross
Galaxy 262: Ren
Galaxy 263: ulizez89
Galaxy 264: Therion
Galaxy 265: War_Cross
Galaxy 266: Crystal Guardian
Galaxy 267: Troi
Galaxy 268: Troi

Congratulations to all winners!

Unranked Galaxies
    (Position) Player [Number of Victories]

» (1) War_Cross [3 victories]
    » (2) SkallGrimm, Troi [2 victories]

+ War_Cross scored 3 wins on unranked galaxies, and is now ahead in this list.
    + Troi got two victories in a row, and joins SkallGrimm in second place.
    + Among the other unranked winners, Espoir and Dyce have already scored a victory in ranked galaxies too!

Ranked galaxies winners
Walnut: Sygor
Into the Sea: bartosz1983
Arigato Party: raf7
Desert Warriors: Alarik
Claustrophobia 4: Dyce
Fortune Cookie 88: Espoir

Starring both experienced players and newcomers, 6 Winners for 6 Galaxies!

(TOP 10) Ranked Galaxies
    (Position) [Score] Player

» (1) [43] raf7
    » (3) [29] Raz
    » (2) [22] Ruger
    » (4) [15] bartosz1983
    » (5) [14] mephures
    » (6) [13] Multiglow
    » (7) [11] Elder Race
    » (8) [10] Alarik
    » (9) [10] geralth
    » (10) [9] tingling

+ Raz assumed the second position after good and steady results on several galaxies.
    + A good word for bart, and is first ranked victory wearing a cloak (a very rare CS feat! Wink ), which puts him in 4th place.

(NEW!) Speed Galaxies

Speed Galaxies have returned to Cosmic Supremacy, and we have already seen 3 happening in less than a month! Multiglow won the first 2 (well done Multi!), and mizzihood, our all time Speed King, has earned a victory on the 3rd. tingling, geralth and Sygor are also getting good results, showing that they may be soon able to challenge first place on these ultra fast paced galactic fun events.

12.10.2014 17:21 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List
tingling Player-Rank: 4 tingling is a male
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

Registration Date: 17.11.2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Amazing how I'm still in the top 10 after some horrendous performances in fortune and walnut lol

13.10.2014 07:16 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List

Hmm.. I couldn't sleep.. so I tried looking at my latest all-time stats.. now I have even more reason not to sleep. I've been doing rather badly lately :p .. and this not including my absence in Psilon Heroes.. Have I been taken out yet there btw?

• 28 Regular FFAs played (incl. XP galaxies) ; 6 in top-3 , 22 in no-man's land or went inactive (sorry)
  • 8 Speed galaxies ; 4 in top-2 , 4 outside
  • 19 Regular team galaxies ; 12 on winning team (incl. some that were won in <100 turns) , 7 on losing side
  • 6 Team cup fixtures ; 2 won , 3 lost , 1 never decided
  • 4 Multiteam (incl. KOTH) ; 2 on team with highest score , 2 on losing
  • 5 Training TGs / Unbalanced TGs ; 2 won (incl. All v One and Low v High), 3 lost
  • 4 Duels ; 2 won (incl. one with Michael dew and friend) , 2 lost (incl. one I didn't play for first 100 turns :p)
  • 11 Unranked galaxies ; 2 won , 9 lost (incl. one I accidentally joined as an advisor)
  • 28 Unranked galaxies as CS Advisor ; didn't win any :p

04.12.2014 20:15 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List

CS 2014 FFA Hall of Fame
(Update: 5th of January, 2015)

Here is the final update for the 2014 CS Hall of Fame, considering the results from October to December.

A good part of this information was compiled by Tingling - thank you! Smile

Unranked galaxies winners
Galaxy 269: Libera
Galaxy 270: jmcbride
Galaxy 271: DeadZoneJones
Galaxy 272: MikeT
Galaxy 273: War Lord
Galaxy 274: MikeT
Galaxy 275: MikeT
Galaxy 276: MikeT
Galaxy 277: MikeT
Galaxy 278: War Lord
Galaxy 279 (rank 0-2) galaxy: AmoebA

Congratulations to all winners!

Unranked Galaxies
    (Position) Player [Number of Victories]

» (1) MikeT [5 victories]
    » (2) War_Cross [3 victories]
    » (3) SkallGrimm, Troi, War Lord [2 victories]

+ MikeT got into as many unranked galaxies as he could, and scored in all of them, becoming the new player with the greatest amount of unranked victories during 2014. Congratulations!
    + War_Cross got 3 victories, and is now steadily participating in ranked galaxies, along with other new players that have been doing quite well in the bigger league: pommie, Dyce, Troi, and Espoir are other good examples of this new generation.

+ Best wishes for all new players in their ascension to the ranked games!

Ranked galaxies winners
Economic Crisis: 1. tingling 2. pommiebastard
Hazelnut: 1. raf7 2. tmog66
Are You Feeling Lucky: 1. aldin 2. War_Cross
Psilon Heroes: 1. raf7 2. geralth

(TOP 10) Ranked Galaxies
    (Position) [Score] Player

» (1) [57] raf7
    » (2) [31] Raz
    » (3) [22] Ruger
    » (4) [17] tingling
    » (5) [16] aldin
    » (6) [15] bartosz1983
    » (7) [15] geralth
    » (8) [15] Multiglow
    » (9) [14] mephures
    » (10) [13] Alarik

+ Yours truly, raf7, kept his first position, scoring a total of 7 wins in his 9 participations in FFA galaxies. An interesting number of victories, considering how I like that number... Wink
    + Raz also scored 9 times, including 4 second places in his list of steady results that award him the second overall position in this rank. Quite a feat for a rank 2 player!
    + Ruger gets third place, mainly thanks to his good results in the first half of the year.
    + tingling and aldin were the only players, other than me, that were able to get more than one FFA victory during 2014. Nicely done guys! Smile

And now it is time to reinitialize the Hall of Fame for this new year. Back to the starting line, everybody! Smile

May 2015 be a Good Year for us all, with great CS games!

(NEW!) 2014: Special moments

I would like to invite the 2014 "famous" players to share something special from their games during this year. Check in, and make this thread a richer place! Big Grin

Here is one of the moments that marked my CS Year:
» During the Walnut Galaxy I found myself under heavy siege, and was facing total annihilation. Even with 3 direct allies, I could not move our combined fleet from the protection of CC's without risking complete destruction by a faster fleet. It was the first time ever that I found myself in such a position, but, with nothing to lose, I kept my wits about me and decided to risk moving the fleets through a WH, and into the offensive. Our opponent decided to split his fleet: a part, still strong enough to take ours on, moved to pursue us; the other moved to attack my planets. With a surprise movement, I lured our opponent's interceptor fleet to a battle over an improvised CC planet, and achieved a major fleet victory that allowed us a temporary upperhand, which we would then use to eventually win that war.
» I finished the galaxy in third position, my worst result in terms of final position, but by far the hardest of my achievements.

05.01.2015 18:17 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List

I think most of the galaxies I've joined have ended up as low lights lol.. I just can't manage a big empire or when I'm in a losing position haha.. I'll need some time to think back which galaxy has been the most memorable though heh.. I think the last TG (tactical nightmare) probably ranks up there for me as one where fleet manouvering mattered a lot.. Economic Crisis being another still fresh in mind cause everyone gave me an easy time and I could casually go about that game and declare war with almost everyone lol.. The two batched nuts galaxy.. I didn't give do them justice.. 5th anniversary had the most controversies.. But one I enjoyed writing a recap about the most :p and I think mix it up Xp.. Which I won probably because I got to set the galaxy settings lol.. That was a fun one I think.. Just because I got to tweak with some of the game settings lol..

05.01.2015 19:18 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List

Well Ting, also to bring something from the Team Galaxies into this thread, maybe you can share some of your recent adventures as the Amazing Spider Man? From what I read, it seems you were able to cause a good deal of trouble with your spider senses... Smile

06.01.2015 14:01 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List

One of my new years resolutions was to say no to distractions... It's testing my resolution now lol.. I wrote some stuff (up to the second battle we lost) while waiting for my PC to crunch some numbers (thank goodness for dual screen monitors in the office).. but should probably get back to work still..

I'll try finishing it over the weekend :p

07.01.2015 03:44 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List

Duly obliged :p

The Tactical Nightmare Trilogy

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tingling: 09.01.2015 15:03.

09.01.2015 15:03 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by tingling
Duly obliged :p

The Tactical Nightmare Trilogy

Very nice! Smile

Read it and enjoyed it!

I especially liked the two key moments, where you were ready to throw the towel but the Team held together, and then, later on, when your teammates where ready to throw the towel but you held together. Very interesting how the energy/mood shifts inside people, and inside a Team.

Also liked to see:
» how Lightweight and Bio-Armor were there, offering two different options with great strategic value, fully alive to make a difference
» how a multitude of diverse and valid options on how to build fleets existed and were used
» how, without air supremacy, offensive options can turn a tide, and how cloak can become a major factor in allowing it

I am aware that many factors were linked to how the game eventually was won, but coming back from two huge collective fleet wipe outs is a very rare feat. When I saw the comments on the Forum, I thought the game had been defined (I usually get that feeling when a decisive advantage is reached), and was very curious to see how the tide had been turned. Thank you for your rich text... Smile

09.01.2015 16:34 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » 2014 Hall Of Fame

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH