Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Open Sesame Galaxy » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (11): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Open Sesame Galaxy
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
BLM Player-Rank: 2 BLM is a male
Scouts his own Systems

images/avatars/avatar-484.jpg

Registration Date: 15.05.2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Burn out may get strong once again as it always does.
Need to set better limits for myself.

1. Confused
2. tingling (team captain)
3. Radiance (team captain unless someone else wants it)
4. pommiebastard
5. MikeT
6. AmoebA
7. NickVanran
8. DodgeX
9. BLM

I think I can manage another team game for now.
Might have to pull out if things change.
22.02.2015 16:48 BLM is offline Send an Email to BLM Search for Posts by BLM Add BLM to your Buddy List
tingling Player-Rank: 4 tingling is a male
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

Registration Date: 17.11.2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Heya.. Welcome back Smile

Haven't seen you in ages.. We're trying a new set of rules for this TG though.. Specifically having timeouts to help deal with burnouts.. You can read about it in the thread that Raf created

22.02.2015 17:20 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
BLM Player-Rank: 2 BLM is a male
Scouts his own Systems

images/avatars/avatar-484.jpg

Registration Date: 15.05.2008

Thank you! Big Grin

It is good to see the community addressing issues with the way team galaxies are handled.

Now if we could get a few more to sign up. Wink
23.02.2015 19:22 BLM is offline Send an Email to BLM Search for Posts by BLM Add BLM to your Buddy List
Confused Player-Rank: 3 Confused is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Registration Date: 14.07.2009

so how about setting up the galaxy and putting up a blurb? Smile

my proposed settings :

- size 8x2x3
- 5 planets per system, size 300-350, values 25-30
- homesystem 4 juicies : size 350, values 30
- homeplanet : size 400, 30/30/30, 20 changes (start with 15 pop)
- 4 colony ships
- research 800

- we'll set up balanced teams of experienced players, then add newer players more randomly
- river 2 deep

- low planet values make this a slow game, 800 research ensures this too. Planets are decent sized so eventually they'll amount to something - it'll just take a while.

24.02.2015 16:58 Confused is offline Send an Email to Confused Search for Posts by Confused Add Confused to your Buddy List
Radiance Player-Rank: 3 Radiance is a female
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1053.jpg

Registration Date: 13.05.2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by Radiance

I will play any settings.

Last night (my time), tingling (or somebody) put up the blurb for newbie galaxies. This Friday will see utter innocents asked to struggle against players who know what they are doing. Some rank 2's are better than most of the rank 3's.

I think those 4th Friday galaxies should be open teamies instead. Such should be Basic Galaxies, so there is no need to worry about civ traits--or doctrines. Or HQs. No themes allowed--rank 0's and 1's usually miss, so let them not stand out.

They should have 50 start ticks of 1 hour and then go to 2 hours. Advanced players have good governors--we can cope.

They should have a river. Captains will balance the skilled players before the start--but there will be only one reshuffle, 24 hours before the start. We can still assign advanced players to particular spots if we want.

Rules only apply to ranked players (2 and up). Unranked players have enuf to cope with.
24.02.2015 20:21 Radiance is offline Send an Email to Radiance Search for Posts by Radiance Add Radiance to your Buddy List

I put that up cause there was only 2 players in the galaxy :p it's not really much of a killfest at the moment

24.02.2015 20:26 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

I think it is too late to make a beginners tg this Friday, but will play if you do.
25.02.2015 00:23 Radiance is offline Send an Email to Radiance Search for Posts by Radiance Add Radiance to your Buddy List
raf7 Player-Rank: 4
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-791.jpg

Registration Date: 14.05.2009

quote:
Originally posted by Confused
so how about setting up the galaxy and putting up a blurb? Smile

I am fine with the proposed settings, including the river with two lines.

Here is a To Do list for us:
» Create galaxy, define starting date, open for sign up
» Blurb
» Define message for the password PM

» Pick two Leaders for each team, or distribute experienced players
» Set one of the Leaders in each Team to select players (needs Erwin intervention)

25.02.2015 01:08 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List

I'll pick up the responsibility to make the blurb and the pm template then.. Maybe give me 12 hours so I can do it home tonight?

2 out of 5 on the to do list sounds fair to me? :p

Well actually Radiance has already posted something up.. I'll give it a thought later in my day and see if it's good to go? Or anyone else have input about this?

quote:
Originally posted by Radiance
tingling usually handles the passwords. He ought to create a couple of word processor files on his computer saying something like

Signing up for a team galaxy means you agree to play to the end and to read the team forums every day and post your status in the team forums every dozen turns or so.

real life takes priority--if something comes up that affects your play, at least try to let your teammates know.

Warning to newer players: your HQ settings and especially your civilization traits are different for different roles and affect how well you will do and therefore how much you will enjoy the game. Select "Decide Later" until you know what to choose.

The password for the ... galaxy is xxxx

HAVE FUN!
---

Imo, late sign-ups should be allowed in Open teamies even though they mess things up a bit. Skilled players like that scurvy llama should be admitted in pairs, but newbies are a wild card anyway.

Late password pms need an additional paragraph saying something about :

Make sure you do not enter the galaxy just before the tick. Allow enough time to choose a name and banner in the team theme, so the other team does not guess who you are. Set up a farm and then visit the team forum to set yourself up for a successful, fun game.

----
This is a sort of first draft post, so feel free to comment as it so we get it right

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tingling: 25.02.2015 06:59.

25.02.2015 06:57 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
IceCoolPT Player-Rank: 1
Puts Shields on Colony Ships

Registration Date: 22.02.2015

Wink hey Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I woud like to play also. newbie here.
Got the hang of the game, played the tuturial, the galay with the turn button ( not that counts for mutch because the enemy doesnt even leaves his HQ...)
and already set up some governors.
If playing agaist some expereciend players, if possible some pointers about tactics and roles. thanks in advance
25.02.2015 16:20 IceCoolPT is offline Send an Email to IceCoolPT Search for Posts by IceCoolPT Add IceCoolPT to your Buddy List

RE: hey Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by IceCoolPT
I woud like to play also. newbie here.
Got the hang of the game, played the tuturial, the galay with the turn button ( not that counts for mutch because the enemy doesnt even leaves his HQ...)
and already set up some governors.
If playing agaist some expereciend players, if possible some pointers about tactics and roles. thanks in advance

Sounds good to me Smile Welcome to the game !

25.02.2015 16:39 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Oh goody! Welcome to CS, IceCoolPT. It will likely take a few more days to set this up.

In this galaxy, you will get to play alongside some of the greats of the game. They will happily teach you as much as they can stuff into your mind. You won't contribute as much to the victory as they will--but you aren't competing against them. You are competing against the unranked players on the other side. All you have to do is finish next to last and you have contributed to the team. Play to the end, read the forums and you will have earned your fame.

Get advice before choosing your HQ characteristics and civilization traits. There is a "decide later" key. Advanced players use it too.

New players like lots of action. We run their basic galaxies faster. One of those opens this Friday. Sign up for that one too and your teammates will help you with it.
25.02.2015 18:18 Radiance is offline Send an Email to Radiance Search for Posts by Radiance Add Radiance to your Buddy List
IceCoolPT Player-Rank: 1
Puts Shields on Colony Ships

Registration Date: 22.02.2015

quote:
Originally posted by Radiance
Oh goody! Welcome to CS, IceCoolPT. It will likely take a few more days to set this up.

In this galaxy, you will get to play alongside some of the greats of the game. They will happily teach you as much as they can stuff into your mind. You won't contribute as much to the victory as they will--but you aren't competing against them. You are competing against the unranked players on the other side. All you have to do is finish next to last and you have contributed to the team. Play to the end, read the forums and you will have earned your fame.

Get advice before choosing your HQ characteristics and civilization traits. There is a "decide later" key. Advanced players use it too.

New players like lots of action. We run their basic galaxies faster. One of those opens this Friday. Sign up for that one too and your teammates will help you with it.

thanks, already in the friday galaxy.

I have been reading a guide in the forum, but from what i can see it depends on the job i gona have on the team, normaly u guys choose roles and the traits need to be ticked to that finalaty. But if in this first time i just play agaisnt other, i can try some triks i read on the foruns and been testing on the Offline galaxy.
25.02.2015 23:13 IceCoolPT is offline Send an Email to IceCoolPT Search for Posts by IceCoolPT Add IceCoolPT to your Buddy List

To Do:
» Create galaxy, define starting date, open for sign up (Confused?, raf7)
» Blurb (Ting)
» Define message for the password PM (Ting)

» Pick two Leaders for each team, or distribute experienced players
» Set one of the Leaders in each Team to select players (needs Erwin intervention)

Confused, are you ok with creating the galaxy and setting the date?

26.02.2015 00:35 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

i have no galaxy creation powers whatsoever Big Grin

26.02.2015 01:31 Confused is offline Send an Email to Confused Search for Posts by Confused Add Confused to your Buddy List

quote:

You do now... Tongue

We also need to ask Erwin to set the password before we open the galaxy (forgot to mention that in the To Do list).

26.02.2015 19:16 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

quote:
Originally posted by raf7
quote:

You do now... Tongue

We also need to ask Erwin to set the password before we open the galaxy (forgot to mention that in the To Do list).

okies i'll set it up but closed, then send msg to Erwin Smile I'll include Ting in the message so he knows the password so he can take it from there Smile

26.02.2015 22:44 Confused is offline Send an Email to Confused Search for Posts by Confused Add Confused to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

So, very soon I will need a co-captain to work with me, and Confused and tingling, to sort the advanced players into two comparable teams. Any volunteers?
26.02.2015 23:07 Radiance is offline Send an Email to Radiance Search for Posts by Radiance Add Radiance to your Buddy List
AmoebA Player-Rank: 2
Has Speed 5 Frigates

Registration Date: 20.03.2007

I am willing to assist you but not sure if I am at the same level of gameplay and experience haha

then again learning while doing is alot easier than learning from reading for me
27.02.2015 02:28 AmoebA is offline Send an Email to AmoebA Search for Posts by AmoebA Add AmoebA to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

well, galaxy will come up eventually, but seems right now im the admin of toiletscrubbery till Erwin exchanges this toothbrush for a galaxy creation tool Tongue Im guessing its some sort of initiation ritual or something Wink

27.02.2015 04:33 Confused is offline Send an Email to Confused Search for Posts by Confused Add Confused to your Buddy List
Pages (11): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Open Sesame Galaxy

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH