Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Water Team Galaxy! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (9): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Water Team Galaxy!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
raf7 Player-Rank: 4
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-791.jpg

Registration Date: 14.05.2009

Thread Starter Thread Started by raf7
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The period for voting is over, and Water was the only element to be explicitly picked by two players - so, Water it is! Get ready to swim the great Sea of Stars! Smile

I think it might be fun to let the element affect the galaxy settings aswell - maybe we can set a 3-row river (lots of water, which will decrease the initial level of intensity), and perhaps make the planet commodities a bit better (to compensate the slower start the results from the wider river). On any case, would you like to set it up again, Confused - and maybe you can see additional ways to integrate the water element into the settings?

To do:
» Create: Water Team Galaxy (needs Erwin for the password)
» Post blurb to the News

Both these things will increase visibility, and may bring some more players to join us. From a point on, we may wish to initiate a conditional sign up mode, to ensure that both team have the same number of players.

And will Ting and Confused be on the same Team? I am asking so that we can also start discussing who will be leading the two Teams.

25.03.2015 00:32 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List
tingling Player-Rank: 4 tingling is a male
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

Registration Date: 17.11.2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

1. raf7 (vote: Earth)
2. IceCoolPT ( vote Air) The series is called the last AIR bender Tongue ( not earth bender Tongue
3. MikeT (no preference)
4. BeatCrazed (Silicon counts as earth, right?)
5. pommiebastard(water)
6. AmoebA (Fire)
7. Confused (vote water)
8. Geralth (no preference)
9. Tingling

I think I'll be on the other team vs Confused this time.

25.03.2015 04:29 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Confused Player-Rank: 3 Confused is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Registration Date: 14.07.2009

quote:
Originally posted by tingling
I think I'll be on the other team vs Confused this time.

That guy really doesnt like me Crying

j/k, bring it on ! Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by raf7
On any case, would you like to set it up again, Confused - and maybe you can see additional ways to integrate the water element into the settings?

I'll give it some thought Smile I'll set it up as soon as ive found some time to think on it Smile

25.03.2015 07:40 Confused is offline Send an Email to Confused Search for Posts by Confused Add Confused to your Buddy List

Ya...... One galaxy with you was more than enough :p

25.03.2015 08:13 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
pommiebastard Player-Rank: 3 pommiebastard is a male
Builds Destroyers without Bathroom

images/avatars/avatar-1246.jpg

Registration Date: 14.02.2014

OH goodie, I am about to get confussed! Smile maybe for the first time but most likely not the last time Smile

26.03.2015 03:57 pommiebastard is offline Send an Email to pommiebastard Search for Posts by pommiebastard Add pommiebastard to your Buddy List
Raz Player-Rank: 3
Has Speed 5 Frigates

Registration Date: 30.08.2013

tg Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

2. IceCoolPT ( vote Air) The series is called the last AIR bender Tongue ( not earth bender Tongue
3. MikeT (no preference)
5. pommiebastard(water)
6. AmoebA (Fire)
7. Confused (vote water)
9. Tingling
10.Raz
26.03.2015 12:03 Raz is offline Send an Email to Raz Search for Posts by Raz Add Raz to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

My proposed setup for the TG has been submitted, if you guys can check it and if ok, ask Erwin to confirm and set a password, that would be great Smile

26.03.2015 14:18 Confused is offline Send an Email to Confused Search for Posts by Confused Add Confused to your Buddy List
IceCoolPT Player-Rank: 1
Puts Shields on Colony Ships

Registration Date: 22.02.2015

quote:
Originally posted by Confused
My proposed setup for the TG has been submitted, if you guys can check it and if ok, ask Erwin to confirm and set a password, that would be great Smile

Hope we got a Dinamic galaxy with superplanets Tongue i want to get to BattleShips Big Grin
26.03.2015 20:24 IceCoolPT is offline Send an Email to IceCoolPT Search for Posts by IceCoolPT Add IceCoolPT to your Buddy List

Have just asked Erwin to set the password, and it got done in a few minutes. Thank you Erwin! Smile

We will soon be broadcasting the password, using PMs.

This also means we will soon be able to set two people to select the Teams. I see Confused, Ting, Pommie and myself as the natural candidates for the two pairs of leaders... Are we good with this string quartet, or does anyone see a better way forward?

27.03.2015 00:02 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List
pommiebastard Player-Rank: 3 pommiebastard is a male
Builds Destroyers without Bathroom

images/avatars/avatar-1246.jpg

Registration Date: 14.02.2014

im OK with this idea!

27.03.2015 02:46 pommiebastard is offline Send an Email to pommiebastard Search for Posts by pommiebastard Add pommiebastard to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

quote:
Originally posted by IceCoolPT
quote:
Originally posted by Confused

Hope we got a Dinamic galaxy with superplanets Tongue i want to get to BattleShips Big Grin

Well, the way of water if that of corrosion, slow but unstoppable. The planets are average-sized with average-to-good values, but research is very expensive so things will plod along more slowly. Also, its set up to have 3 rows of systems as 'river', which makes reaching the other side to go pester the enemy quite an undertaking.

quote:
Originally posted by raf7
I see Confused, Ting, Pommie and myself as the natural candidates for the two pairs of leaders... Are we good with this string quartet, or does anyone see a better way forward?

Who is this Ting guy? Anyone we know? Whatever the case, put him on the other team, he sounds like too much trouble to me Big Grin

27.03.2015 03:41 Confused is offline Send an Email to Confused Search for Posts by Confused Add Confused to your Buddy List
AmoebA Player-Rank: 2
Has Speed 5 Frigates

Registration Date: 20.03.2007

10 players means each team has

1 banker
1 miner
1 heavy fleet
2 vanguard

???

the galaxy will be very narrow or flat with 3 rows of river and so few players right?

like 3/2/7? or 2/2/9

how many systems per player?
27.03.2015 09:24 AmoebA is offline Send an Email to AmoebA Search for Posts by AmoebA Add AmoebA to your Buddy List
BeatCrazed Player-Rank: 1
Serves Soup on Colony Shuttles

Registration Date: 29.01.2015

E.t.a. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Do we have an estimate for when this galaxy is likely to begin?
27.03.2015 10:45 BeatCrazed is offline Send an Email to BeatCrazed Search for Posts by BeatCrazed Add BeatCrazed to your Buddy List

@AmoebA

If the final size of Teams is indeed 5, we will indeed need to change the galaxy size. About the roles, there are always ways to adapt, and being creative in finding solutions is part of the fun. Wink

@BeatCrazed

The starting date is currently set for the 10th of April. We can change in either direction, though I would like to have the galaxy announced on the news for a few days to make it more visible.

@Everybody

Will begin PM'ing the passwords now to all players in the list, so that we can enter the galaxy.
Edit: Passwords have been sent.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by raf7: 27.03.2015 17:59.

27.03.2015 17:32 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List

at e tal é jovem, nao tenho rank para entrar lol.

I got the password, but i think i´m not yeat rank 1 lol. (playing in 2 gals at the same time, but havent finished.)
27.03.2015 23:17 IceCoolPT is offline Send an Email to IceCoolPT Search for Posts by IceCoolPT Add IceCoolPT to your Buddy List

quote:
at e tal é jovem, nao tenho rank para entrar lol.

I got the password, but i think i´m not yeat rank 1 lol. (playing in 2 gals at the same time, but havent finished.)

Changed it just now. Smile

27.03.2015 23:36 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List

This is the latest list right?

I'll put up the blurb now

3. MikeT (no preference)
5. pommiebastard(water)
6. AmoebA (Fire)
7. Confused (vote water)
9. Tingling
10.Raz

28.03.2015 18:52 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List

i´m in. thanks raf7.
Btw what about teams? any decision yet? so we can have more time to plan the estrategie this time ? Big Grin
28.03.2015 21:34 IceCoolPT is offline Send an Email to IceCoolPT Search for Posts by IceCoolPT Add IceCoolPT to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

quote:
i´m in. thanks raf7.
Btw what about teams? any decision yet? so we can have more time to plan the estrategie this time ? Big Grin

Yes, we allready decided that you will be on one team with some other people, and that yet other people will be on the other team. Details to be released at a later stage Smile

29.03.2015 07:24 Confused is offline Send an Email to Confused Search for Posts by Confused Add Confused to your Buddy List

We've just about settled on teams soon (I think).

Should be able to start ticks on Apr 10

03.04.2015 19:23 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Pages (9): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Water Team Galaxy!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH