Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Air Team Galaxy » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Air Team Galaxy
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tingling Player-Rank: 4 tingling is a male
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

Registration Date: 17.11.2010

RE: Air Team Galaxy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Looking at the almost dead beginner galaxies, I'm thinking there aren't any newcomers anyway, so might as well try something radically different.

I thought I could throw the resourcers some challenge.. And I've set it to have 22 planets for a 10 player game. The way we're running this, I don't expect more player than that anymore anyway.

03.06.2015 19:13 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Confused Player-Rank: 3 Confused is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Registration Date: 14.07.2009

Thread Starter Thread Started by Confused
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

wow silent in here :p

07.06.2015 14:36 Confused is offline Send an Email to Confused Search for Posts by Confused Add Confused to your Buddy List
Multiglow Player-Rank: 4
Hurries Production on Hotdog Stands

Registration Date: 02.02.2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If it still goes ahead

1) Confused
2) Ruger
3) bldrnnr
4) tingling
5) Cyrus II
6) Pommie Smile
7) zoot
8 ) Multiglow

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Multiglow: 07.06.2015 16:35.

07.06.2015 16:35 Multiglow is online Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

im sure 4 vs 4 is doable Smile

07.06.2015 19:52 Confused is offline Send an Email to Confused Search for Posts by Confused Add Confused to your Buddy List

I'm open to suggestions for galaxy settings

08.06.2015 06:54 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

dont make it too complicated Smile

08.06.2015 09:40 Confused is offline Send an Email to Confused Search for Posts by Confused Add Confused to your Buddy List

Go with the set up you posted on 03 06 2015 but with 80/80/80 on the 2 planets in each system and a sector size of 250.
08.06.2015 16:22 Multiglow is online Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List

Hmm.. I feel like going with that - despite the fact that most of the time we'd be struggling with resources - but I guess that's the point? I understand Confused and raf thinks that'll essentially make the game a no-go really, but I'd still like to give it a shot. Even though I think Confused and raf's suggestion is more sound.

I adjusted the commodities on the HQ lower so that players can't actually build ships that fast.

I think we can go 250 size too, but I'll get rid of the tall galaxy and make it flatter because the space would be just too far, and it's really hard to get to any resources or planets.

But right now, it seems we have a 2-2 vote for this. Would appreciate if anyone can step in with some suggestions and feedback. I am sick of this.

08.06.2015 18:36 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List

My thoughts on making it harder on the resource player is that it will be a fun challenge to actually have to factor in purchasing some minerals at some stage.

Besides if there are only 4 players per team and one of us on each team who know how to effectively handle minerals and cash, it will make for some interesting strategic decisions.

I think it is worth the time to set it up provided that all players actually play as one drop-out will kill it for that team.
08.06.2015 20:30 Multiglow is online Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

well im just saying its hard on the resourcers, but first off, its me and Multi so you got the best of the best, and i wouldnt really categorize this as a training galaxy, bldrnr is the least experienced on the sign up list and he's got some games under his belt, including one TG, and has quite some experience in other games in the same genre, so i think we'll be ok Smile

08.06.2015 23:29 Confused is offline Send an Email to Confused Search for Posts by Confused Add Confused to your Buddy List
raf7 Player-Rank: 4
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-791.jpg

Registration Date: 14.05.2009

In case you guys would like to consider something less extreme, but still very different from the usual setup, I have created the ATGalaxy as a reference:
» a big and deep galaxy, with a great lot of space;
» two rows for the river;
» very fast tech pace (low tech cost, super science HQ);
» 2 planets per system (very good planets, with a great amount of space);

Still a very steep challenge for the miners, coming from the distances needed to be covered to find the right planets, and the very high overall productive ability.

Check it all up in the upcoming gals...

My advice would still be for something more simple, but these ATG settings would at least preserve some level of coherence, specially for new players like Cyrus and rnr (2nd TG), and others that may come to join when the galaxy opens for sign up.

08.06.2015 23:38 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List
Espoir Player-Rank: 2
Wonders where that new Farmer came from

Registration Date: 01.06.2014

If it still goes ahead

1) Confused
2) Ruger
3) bldrnnr
4) tingling
5) Cyrus II
6) Pommie Smile
7) zoot
8 ) Multiglow
9) espoir
09.06.2015 01:14 Espoir is offline Send an Email to Espoir Search for Posts by Espoir Add Espoir to your Buddy List
mephures Player-Rank: 3
Scouts his own Systems

Registration Date: 02.08.2009

If it still goes ahead

1) Confused
2) Ruger
3) bldrnnr
4) tingling
5) Cyrus II
6) Pommie Smile
7) zoot
8 ) Multiglow
9) espoir
10) mephures
09.06.2015 01:15 mephures is offline Send an Email to mephures Search for Posts by mephures Add mephures to your Buddy List
mephures Player-Rank: 3
Scouts his own Systems

Registration Date: 02.08.2009

Just to make Ting happy and to allow him to reach level 4 Smile
09.06.2015 01:24 mephures is offline Send an Email to mephures Search for Posts by mephures Add mephures to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

making ting happy is a very big concern in this community, so your initiative is much appreciated Big Grin

09.06.2015 05:32 Confused is offline Send an Email to Confused Search for Posts by Confused Add Confused to your Buddy List

I think only players that can create galaxies can view upcoming galaxies, so unless we create the galaxy, it won't be visible.

I do trust these settings more. Thanks for setting it up

If there are no objections to it within the next 24h (none from me anyway), we'll ask Erwin to open it up with a password.

Galaxy Name: ATGalaxy
Turn Length: 180 mins
Min Required Player-Rank: 1 and up
Galaxy Size: 8 x 5 x 5
Start Date: 17 Jun
Start Time: 20 : 00 CET
Faster Start Ticks: NO
Game Ends: ByVoting

Sector Size: 325 units
Planet Count Per System: 2 - 2
Regular Planet Space: 525 - 575
Regular Planet Commodities: 40 - 50 Food/Production/Science
Technology Cost Multiplier: 500 (recomm. 250 for Speed-Galaxies)
Corruption Multiplier: 1
Reputation Multiplier: 0
Colony-Module Multiplier: 100
Score Break-Even: 20

Homeworld Planet Space: 575
Homeworld Planet Commodities: 45 Food 45 Production 75 Science
Homeworld Population Count: 5
Homesystem Juicy Planets Count: 1
Homesystem Juicy Planet Space: 575 - 575
Homesystem Juicy Planet Commodities: 50 - 50
Number of Colony Ships: 5
Starting Credits: 750

Custom Homeworld Changes: disabled
Custom Civilization Changes: 7

09.06.2015 08:30 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
pommiebastard Player-Rank: 3 pommiebastard is a male
Builds Destroyers without Bathroom

images/avatars/avatar-1246.jpg

Registration Date: 14.02.2014

Now we are getting somewhere. and having tingling reach his 4th rank is a good thing too. I will still need a few more galaxies to reach 3rd rank myself so this will help me too. Smile

09.06.2015 21:23 pommiebastard is offline Send an Email to pommiebastard Search for Posts by pommiebastard Add pommiebastard to your Buddy List

Setting the home world pop at only 5 actually helps the resourcer's as it gives us more time to get organized before needing to start supplying anything.
10.06.2015 17:59 Multiglow is online Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List

I asked Erwin to open up the galaxy. Will send out pm with passwords soon

10.06.2015 18:22 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

this is going to be a funny one Big Grin

11.06.2015 05:55 Confused is offline Send an Email to Confused Search for Posts by Confused Add Confused to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Air Team Galaxy

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH