Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Air Team Galaxy » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Air Team Galaxy
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
pommiebastard Player-Rank: 3 pommiebastard is a male
Builds Destroyers without Bathroom

images/avatars/avatar-1246.jpg

Registration Date: 14.02.2014

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I would suggest that you pause the game for ting. it shouldn't matter who does it as it is about fair play first when ever possible.

18.07.2015 01:08 pommiebastard is offline Send an Email to pommiebastard Search for Posts by pommiebastard Add pommiebastard to your Buddy List
raf7 Player-Rank: 4
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-791.jpg

Registration Date: 14.05.2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Roger that...

Did not do it earlier because I thought there could be some misunderstanding about the date and time, and that Ting would be taking care of it himself.

Anyway, the game is now paused for a day, as per Blue Team request.

18.07.2015 01:32 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List
tingling Player-Rank: 4 tingling is a male
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

Registration Date: 17.11.2010

Sorry.. I kinda overslept a bit.. And just remembered cet is 7 hours not 8 hours before my time..

18.07.2015 04:38 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Confused Player-Rank: 3 Confused is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Registration Date: 14.07.2009

Thread Starter Thread Started by Confused

so we start again at 02.00 CET?

18.07.2015 23:19 Confused is offline Send an Email to Confused Search for Posts by Confused Add Confused to your Buddy List

Since the ticks were not reactivated in the predetermined moment, I believe it would be better to give it another 10/12 hours, so that everybody can know in advance, and be present to manage stuff if they so want (I know I do, and was wishing to do some stuff before going to bed, but I can't because the tick did not happen - see what I mean?).

We will have to tune up the timeout execution. This is the first ever, a bit messy, but we will get there... Smile

So, I am recommending the reactivation of the match at around 12h00/13h00 CET, which means it will tick at 14h00 CET (assuming the same tick moments are kept, which I think they are).

19.07.2015 02:56 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List

Bad internet connection :(

Meant to say to activate ticks at the set time, but will go with what Raf suggested.. 12am was probably a bad idea..

19.07.2015 05:35 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Yup, timeout execution needs some tinkering lol. Ah well, no harm no foul i guess Smile

19.07.2015 09:45 Confused is offline Send an Email to Confused Search for Posts by Confused Add Confused to your Buddy List

The galaxy is running again, with the next tick in 20 minutes (14h00 CET).

19.07.2015 13:40 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List

Thank you... I missed it by 10 mins sorry :(

19.07.2015 14:11 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

What a game Big Grin Prolly one of the hardest fought TGs in history Big Grin

26.07.2015 20:03 Confused is offline Send an Email to Confused Search for Posts by Confused Add Confused to your Buddy List
Multiglow Player-Rank: 4
Assigns Gov Schwarzenegger to all Planets

Registration Date: 02.02.2010

My Thoughts Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Have very mixed feelings about this particular game.

Yes it was hard fought, but it was a real mess on our side.

We had one player who was traveling internationally for half the game and could not get online on a regular basis.

We had two other players who had to travel and totally missed 3 days worth of play at a crucial time. I still have no idea what they are doing.

That left me and one other player and we both got that disgusted with the direction of the game that we basically stopped playing 4 days ago.

So, to sum it up................very frustrating game that we should have won easily, but got creamed in the end by a group who played the entire game as a team.

So, well played to your side.

PS: I had a good friend playing on your team, who is laughing his arse off at the fact that he was apparently able to build a WH in our territory very early in the game.
29.07.2015 17:59 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

We do seem to have an MIA too though, one player who was low-activity for a week due to sports competition and one who has a reduced activity all round, so dunno if we were that much better off. However, though i'll admit you guys moved VERY slowly (which would be explained by all the travelling), we never despaired, we knew we held some good cards even at the point where you were 50% score ahead, so we kept at it and it seems we pulled it off Smile Round isnt over yet though Big Grin

29.07.2015 18:21 Confused is offline Send an Email to Confused Search for Posts by Confused Add Confused to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by Confused
We do seem to have an MIA too though, one player who was low-activity for a week due to sports competition and one who has a reduced activity all round, so dunno if we were that much better off. However, though i'll admit you guys moved VERY slowly (which would be explained by all the travelling), we never despaired, we knew we held some good cards even at the point where you were 50% score ahead, so we kept at it and it seems we pulled it off Smile Round isnt over yet though Big Grin

One thing I did learn this game was that only 2 planets per system is hell on the support player.

Love to try this again with the exact same set up but with 4 planets per system instead of 2.
31.07.2015 21:48 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

quote:
Originally posted by Multiglow
quote:
Originally posted by Confused

One thing I did learn this game was that only 2 planets per system is hell on the support player.

Love to try this again with the exact same set up but with 4 planets per system instead of 2.

lol, i know right? That was some serious pain in the lower back to get my resourcing going :p I think my investment in early corvette colony ships is what made all the difference, though i built them slower, they got to the targets much faster. I just used 3 planets to build them at some point to make up for the slower build pace Smile

01.08.2015 01:47 Confused is offline Send an Email to Confused Search for Posts by Confused Add Confused to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

just got a PM from Ting that their team surrenders ... is everyone on board with that?

06.08.2015 05:47 Confused is offline Send an Email to Confused Search for Posts by Confused Add Confused to your Buddy List
zoot Player-Rank: 3 zoot is a male
Builds Destroyers without Bathroom

images/avatars/avatar-276.gif

Registration Date: 02.09.2007

halleluyah. Good game and great work there for a while until your problem guys
06.08.2015 09:31 zoot is offline Send an Email to zoot Homepage of zoot Search for Posts by zoot Add zoot to your Buddy List

All in all it was a fun game.

Our inactives were inactive due to circumstances not through a lack of interest.

Pity it happened though as we were setting up to really slaughter your resource planets well before you got to kill all of mine.

Oh well, some plans work and some plans get visited by Mr. Murphy and in our case he must have liked what he saw as he didn't just visit, he stayed for the whole rest of the game.
06.08.2015 17:46 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

it would appear we are now just a tad ahead :p can someone set the end turn? Smile

07.08.2015 06:24 Confused is offline Send an Email to Confused Search for Posts by Confused Add Confused to your Buddy List

End turn set for turn 410...

Thank you all for the game!

07.08.2015 11:56 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Air Team Galaxy

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH