Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » War-only galaxies » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page War-only galaxies
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Erwin [CS] Player-Rank: 2 Erwin [CS] is a male
Admiral Moo

images/avatars/avatar-124.gif

Registration Date: 26.12.2004

Arrow War-only galaxies Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This feature is now implemented.
It basically means that the Diplomacy Dialog is completely disabled, and all newly discovered players have a default stance of "war", that can not be changed.

The galaxy admin should set the rep-modifier to 0, when creating war-only galaxies.
Also, at this point I need to activate the "war-only" setting manually. Should you need this more often in the future, I'll add it to the galaxy-setting web-interface.
23.06.2016 10:54 Erwin [CS] is offline Search for Posts by Erwin [CS] Add Erwin [CS] to your Buddy List
NickVanran Player-Rank: 3 NickVanran is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-698.jpg

Registration Date: 21.06.2009

RE: War-only galaxies Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thank you Erwin, This should bring some people back.

Right now it looks like the interest will be high, so we may need the interface should be added to the galaxy setup, to save you time.

Nick

23.06.2016 14:35 NickVanran is offline Send an Email to NickVanran Search for Posts by NickVanran Add NickVanran to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of NickVanran: NickVanran YIM Account Name of NickVanran: Startraderus
Multiglow Player-Rank: 4
Hurries Production on Hotdog Stands

Registration Date: 02.02.2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

WTG Erwin.

This will add a whole new exciting dimension to the game and make it a lot fairer at the same time.

Yes, it gives experienced players an advantage, but it also give inexperienced players the opportunity to learn from their mistakes and develop their skills.

So, lets get the first of these open ASAP.

Either Ting's or mine, either one will work.
23.06.2016 18:34 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
War_Cross Player-Rank: 3 War_Cross is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1303.jpg

Registration Date: 20.06.2014

Asap Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yea ASAP so we can see how the new feature works out.
24.06.2016 02:11 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
tingling Player-Rank: 4 tingling is a male
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

Registration Date: 17.11.2010

RE: Asap Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool! Thanks so much for your time Erwin. Miss seeing that change-log forum light up in yellow..

I think we'll do Multiglow's 1-hour galaxy first. I set up a 3-hour one.. but will open it a few days later for those who prefer to play at a slower pace (and of course anyone with the interest can play both heh)

Will pm you the galaxy details Erwin.

25.06.2016 07:19 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ting,

I just set up a Test War Only galaxy with 20 min turns (it won't let me do 5 min).

It only runs for 200 turns but with the totally ridiculous setting I used, it will let us test the new code quite quickly even with only 2 or 3 players.

Could you have this one start on Monday so a couple of us play and test it all out.

Research is set to 10

Big planets lots of ships.
25.06.2016 18:24 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
Admiral Moo

Thread Starter Thread Started by Erwin [CS]

quote:
Originally posted by Multiglow
I just set up a Test War Only galaxy with 20 min turns (it won't let me do 5 min).

I have set it to 5 min turns - hope that was your intention?
Also activated the "war-only" feature for that galaxy.

Now both gal-id 804 and 805 have "war-only" activated. If you need any others, let me know.
25.06.2016 20:39 Erwin [CS] is offline Search for Posts by Erwin [CS] Add Erwin [CS] to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

I see only two galaxies, HoverVan and Return To Clirose. I Can see no War Only Galaxy.

Nick

25.06.2016 23:29 NickVanran is offline Send an Email to NickVanran Search for Posts by NickVanran Add NickVanran to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of NickVanran: NickVanran YIM Account Name of NickVanran: Startraderus

quote:
Originally posted by Erwin [CS]
quote:

I have set it to 5 min turns - hope that was your intention?
Also activated the "war-only" feature for that galaxy.

Now both gal-id 804 and 805 have "war-only" activated. If you need any others, let me know.

Thanks Erwin.
26.06.2016 17:12 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by NickVanran
I see only two galaxies, HoverVan and Return To Clirose. I Can see no War Only Galaxy.

Nick

Nick,

We can't see then yet because Ting has not opened them.

Once opened the "Test War Only" will be a really short 5 min per turn galaxy that a couple of us are going to use simply to test the new war only format and make sure everything works.

Once that is done, the galaxy is over.

The War Only Defend galaxy will be the first of the actual galaxies to use the new format (assuming everything works in the test galaxy).

Feel free to jump into either galaxy when they open.

Multi Smile
26.06.2016 17:16 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

I will be mowing all day Monday, So will not be able to test with you.

I will have to wait for the 3 Hour game.

Thanks for the info.

Nick

26.06.2016 17:49 NickVanran is offline Send an Email to NickVanran Search for Posts by NickVanran Add NickVanran to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of NickVanran: NickVanran YIM Account Name of NickVanran: Startraderus

As of now, we are waiting for both galaxies to be opened for sign-up.
27.06.2016 19:17 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
Admiral Moo

Thread Starter Thread Started by Erwin [CS]

Both galaxies are open for sign up.
28.06.2016 00:03 Erwin [CS] is offline Search for Posts by Erwin [CS] Add Erwin [CS] to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by Erwin [CS]
Both galaxies are open for sign up.

Thanks, Erwin.
28.06.2016 01:42 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List

quote:
Ting,

It only runs for 200 turns but with the totally ridiculous setting I used, it will let us test the new code quite quickly even with only 2 or 3 players.

Could you have this one start on Monday so a couple of us play and test it all out.

Research is set to 10

Big planets lots of ships.

Oops.. Didn't realize you all were waiting for me to start the galaxy heh. Sorry

29.06.2016 18:22 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
StarkRavingSage Player-Rank: 2 StarkRavingSage is a male
Builds Destroyers without Bathroom

images/avatars/avatar-1216.jpg

Registration Date: 06.09.2010

How do I get the password for Cutthroat?
29.06.2016 21:03 StarkRavingSage is offline Send an Email to StarkRavingSage Search for Posts by StarkRavingSage Add StarkRavingSage to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by StarkRavingSage
How do I get the password for Cutthroat?

No idea, I didn't know it existed.
29.06.2016 21:16 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Password Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes, the cutthroat, war only galaxy, requires a password. We cannot sign up without it.

Nick

29.06.2016 23:48 NickVanran is offline Send an Email to NickVanran Search for Posts by NickVanran Add NickVanran to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of NickVanran: NickVanran YIM Account Name of NickVanran: Startraderus

RE: Password Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sorry.. Forgot I set up a password.. I wanted to make it a forum signup at first..

Password is

craft

I guess we'll let in only players who check the forums..

Let me know if you guys want an earlier start date though.. I put it behind the 1h galaxy to give that one some room to get players too

01.07.2016 17:47 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
War_Cross Player-Rank: 3 War_Cross is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1303.jpg

Registration Date: 20.06.2014

RE: Password Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I wish we could start the cutthroat galaxy in one week instead of two. Smile
05.07.2016 04:49 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » War-only galaxies

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH