Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Game Mechanics » Lucky Dog RL WO galaxy » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lucky Dog RL WO galaxy
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
War_Cross Player-Rank: 3 War_Cross is a male
Assigns Gov Schwarzenegger to all Planets

images/avatars/avatar-1300.jpg

Registration Date: 20.06.2014

Lucky Dog RL WO galaxy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If you get an HQ system with 9 planets then your a Lucky Dog. War-only, exotics spawn at 5%, hyperspace energy 50%, auto-attack, 6 hour tics with the first 24 tics at 15 minutes. Will start April 30th. People have argued that it doesn't make any difference how many planets you have in your home system. This is a test to see if a player starting with 2 or 3 planets can place better then players starting with 8 or 9 planets. If we could get 3 or 4 people to speak up and admit that having more planets in the home system is a big advantage, maybe when Erwin gets some free time he could fix it so we could have the same number of planets in the home system and still have a random number of planets in the other systems. I don't think this lucky dog idea is good but I don't see anyone speaking up about it. I would prefer having 3 or 4 planets in every system rather then giving an advantage to a few. Fair play is the goal of war-only galaxies. If enough people speak up I would change the settings.
I can't believe I am so stupid that I posted this galaxy. Lets see what the math looks like. For this argument we will assume that the closest 7 planets are an average of 15 turns away and we can produce the first 7 colony ships in 1 turn each. So if no one builds any more colony ships in this example ... After 22 turns and not counting the HQ player 1 with his 2 planets would have 15 or 20 citizens to research or mine or build while player 2 will have 120 to 160 citizens. Does that sound fair to you ? If player 2 discovers player 1 early it's game over. Does anyone want to weigh in on this please ?

This post has been edited 5 time(s), it was last edited by War_Cross: 13.04.2017 00:20.

05.04.2017 17:43 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
uncountednose Player-Rank: 3 uncountednose is a male
Master Beta-Tester Extraordinaire

images/avatars/avatar-892.gif

Registration Date: 01.02.2007

RE: Lucky Dog RL WO galaxy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

LOL I have made the argument that a couple of planets one way or the other is no big deal. 2-9 will definitely make a big difference. You really like to take things to an extreme and act like you made a great point. Wish I could play in your unbalanced galaxy but mid-May through mid-September is just to busy for me to play.

-Erwin [CS]
21.04.2017 00:02 uncountednose is offline Send an Email to uncountednose Search for Posts by uncountednose Add uncountednose to your Buddy List

Thread Starter Thread Started by War_Cross
RE: Lucky Dog RL WO galaxy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The tics are 6 hours. My point is that even a small advantage is not good. If your playing poker and you get one less card then the other players your going to lose all your money.
21.04.2017 03:52 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
uncountednose Player-Rank: 3 uncountednose is a male
Master Beta-Tester Extraordinaire

images/avatars/avatar-892.gif

Registration Date: 01.02.2007

Starting position trumps having 1 or 2 more planets in your home system, always has always will. It does not trump having 6 more planets in your home system. That is an extreme example that doesn't prove anything. Stop acting like we didn't already talk about this in-game.

-Erwin [CS]
21.04.2017 23:18 uncountednose is offline Send an Email to uncountednose Search for Posts by uncountednose Add uncountednose to your Buddy List

I'll agree that the starting position has an effect on the outcome if you will agree that having a couple of extra planets in your home system is also an advantage. Big Grin The problem is that no one spoke up about the home system having the same number of planets. I can only assume that players would just as soon get an advantage or a win by luck then by skill. It's kind of sad. Crying

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by War_Cross: 23.04.2017 01:59.

22.04.2017 03:27 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Multiglow Player-Rank: 4
Hurries Production on Hotdog Stands

Registration Date: 02.02.2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Having a 2-9 variation in your home system is totally ridiculous.

You might like to consider upping the number of juicy planets in the home system from 1 to at least 4.

That way everyone gets at least 5 planets in their home systems.
24.04.2017 19:59 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List

Hi Multiglow Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That is not true ... The number of planets in a system over rides the number of juicy planets. So if I changed juicy planets to 4 then the players with 4 or less planets in their home system would get screwed even further. I asked Erwin to fix this problem but he is very busy right now. I will be happy to change the planet spawn if others want me to. I think a range of 2 -9 is crazy also. If one more player speaks up I will change it. Better hurry though ... only 6 more days till post time.
Yesterday, 00:05 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
tmog66 Player-Rank: 2 tmog66 is a male
Arms Farmers, and Farms Armor

images/avatars/avatar-1235.jpg

Registration Date: 16.04.2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If we're settling a bet, let the crazy galaxy go on and maybe it will be over quickly. We'll get back to the competitive galaxy later. Not saying this because I got a good system.

Yesterday, 09:58 tmog66 is offline Send an Email to tmog66 Homepage of tmog66 Search for Posts by tmog66 Add tmog66 to your Buddy List

hello tmog66 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The player with 9 planets in his home system will defeat the player with 2 planets but the game will still last 3 months. Not much fun for the guy getting killed early. Players with 5 or more planets in their home system probably won't speak up.
Yesterday, 20:21 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
War Lord Player-Rank: 3
Scouts his own Systems

Registration Date: 19.10.2014

i have three planets and will not be playing if it is not changed
Yesterday, 20:59 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List
tmog66 Player-Rank: 2 tmog66 is a male
Arms Farmers, and Farms Armor

images/avatars/avatar-1235.jpg

Registration Date: 16.04.2010

Hm. Didn't realize how serious the controversy was. I would agree to easing the planet count range to keep people online. We got 10 whole people here, stick with it, make some alliances, should be fun.

Today, 08:16 tmog66 is offline Send an Email to tmog66 Homepage of tmog66 Search for Posts by tmog66 Add tmog66 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Game Mechanics » Lucky Dog RL WO galaxy

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH