Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Newbie FAQ » Is there a higher speed the 15 mins » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Is there a higher speed the 15 mins
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Wonders where that new Farmer came from

Registration Date: 01.05.2017

Is there a higher speed the 15 mins Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Im new and 15 min wait is a bit slow for me im more into a fast pace game is there a good blitz game i could play in to raise my rank. i dont know if someone has asked this question or not yet. and if this is the wrong place to ask im sorry
03.05.2017 09:43 50110k is offline Send an Email to 50110k Search for Posts by 50110k Add 50110k to your Buddy List
War_Cross Player-Rank: 3 War_Cross is a male
Assigns Gov Schwarzenegger to all Planets

images/avatars/avatar-1300.jpg

Registration Date: 20.06.2014

RE: Is there a higher speed the 15 mins Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Your in the right place. This newbie thread was set so players could ask questions. First you must reach rank 1 ( only takes 1 or 2 games ) so you can learn the basics. Then you can request a speed galaxy. At present we don't have the ability to pause the game so while you sleep you would not be there for about 40 turns a day and being a new player it would be difficult for you come up with governors that could run your planets. I have asked Erwin ( creator, programmer ) to give me the ability to pause games automatically so I could set up speed galaxies that would play for a few hours and then pause until the next day. He is very busy with real life stuff right now but when he gets time to give us this feature we will have speed galaxies in three time zones running all the time. For now try to learn the ropes and move up to rank 1. Good luck and have fun.
03.05.2017 14:56 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List

Thread Starter Thread Started by 50110k
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

well i may be a newbie here in the game but its not the first one with "programming" abilities to the game the governors and admirals will be easy for me to get to know because the test bed galaxy. I also understand the real life thing im a programmer too just not as practiced. plus economy sucks. lol
04.05.2017 21:19 50110k is offline Send an Email to 50110k Search for Posts by 50110k Add 50110k to your Buddy List

programmer Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hang in there ... the economy will get better soon. A lot of players here are programmers and now we have another one. cool
05.05.2017 02:23 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ya im just starting out though. i want to get into theoretical quantum programming and figure out how to break the 4th wall for games. if we had the tech id break the 5th wall.
and i can help with programing all id have to know is what the langauge is and ill start studing.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by 50110k: 05.05.2017 04:36.

05.05.2017 04:34 50110k is offline Send an Email to 50110k Search for Posts by 50110k Add 50110k to your Buddy List
NickVanran Player-Rank: 2 NickVanran is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-698.jpg

Registration Date: 21.06.2009

programming Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There are lots of jobs for programmers, out there. to name a few:

Quickbase, companies are needing to hire programmers to create software in this language.

Blue Origin: is looking for programmers, their gold is to put a colony on the moon, and to build a space station, that will have gravity. http://www.blueorigin.com/careers

game companies also are looking for programmers. Star Citizen and others.

Education needs good programmers working with AI and databases. Books are gone in schools, computers with great search engines are now needed.

So keep looking, Jobs are out there.

Nick

05.05.2017 14:39 NickVanran is online Send an Email to NickVanran Search for Posts by NickVanran Add NickVanran to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of NickVanran: NickVanran YIM Account Name of NickVanran: Startraderus

a colony base on the moon???? that be awesome for what im trying to study on my own. ive been watching space's deepest secrets and morgan freemans through the worm hole and had a few ideas thrown together. i might have figured some things out but i dont know how to even get them out there without people stealing my ideas. i even am working a prototype blue print for a ship that can be built in space. and the programming part im self study on that to. im what i like to call an underdeveloped genius. only problems i have is comprehension on reading and then my spelling/grammer but everything else is great. a basic iq test i took told me my iq was 144. so ya my help i can get in that section would be great.
05.05.2017 17:34 50110k is offline Send an Email to 50110k Search for Posts by 50110k Add 50110k to your Buddy List
Radiance Player-Rank: 3 Radiance is a female
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1053.jpg

Registration Date: 13.05.2011

RE: Is there a higher speed the 15 mins Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sometimes we have "speed" galaxies on weekends. Every few minutes. It has been a while since we had one. I will re-post your inquiry in general to see whether enough people are interested that one can be started.
06.05.2017 22:40 Radiance is offline Send an Email to Radiance Search for Posts by Radiance Add Radiance to your Buddy List

They don't run speed galaxies for players until they reach rank 1.
07.05.2017 02:21 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Newbie FAQ » Is there a higher speed the 15 mins

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH