Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Bug Reports » malicious software » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page malicious software
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Radiance Player-Rank: 3 Radiance is a female
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1053.jpg

Registration Date: 13.05.2011

malicious software Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ad-Aware has blocked me today on firefox and ie--even when I turned it off.
There was a patch today--did you make that patch, Erwin?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Radiance: 09.06.2017 01:05.

09.06.2017 01:04 Radiance is offline Send an Email to Radiance Search for Posts by Radiance Add Radiance to your Buddy List
Steve? Player-Rank: 1
Serves Soup on Colony Shuttles

Registration Date: 27.05.2017

RE: malicious software Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

He did. Read about it here: Moving Domain to new IP
09.06.2017 01:13 Steve? is offline Send an Email to Steve? Search for Posts by Steve? Add Steve? to your Buddy List
Radiance Player-Rank: 3 Radiance is a female
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1053.jpg

Registration Date: 13.05.2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by Radiance
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, I killed my antivirus and then I could load CS. When I finished, there was a notice saying Windows noticed that the program did not run correctly--and outomatically adjusted some settings.

I still have WIN 7. That might have something to do with it.
10.06.2017 04:46 Radiance is offline Send an Email to Radiance Search for Posts by Radiance Add Radiance to your Buddy List
Erwin [CS] Player-Rank: 2 Erwin [CS] is a male
Admiral Moo

images/avatars/avatar-124.gif

Registration Date: 26.12.2004

RE: malicious software Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Radiance
There was a patch today--did you make that patch, Erwin?

Yes, I created that patch. The only change was that it adapted for the new IP of this site.

Since this program actively connects to the CS server (which is completely normal behavior) some "anti-virus software" report that as suspicious.

I use Microsofts's own Windows Defender (Security Essentials) and it never complained.

If you want to be absolutely certain, test the CosmicSupremacy.exe on virustotal.com (which tests uploaded files with 60 different virus-scanners). I just did: it said 0/60 detections.
10.06.2017 11:39 Erwin [CS] is offline Search for Posts by Erwin [CS] Add Erwin [CS] to your Buddy List
War_Cross Player-Rank: 3 War_Cross is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1303.jpg

Registration Date: 20.06.2014

I use windows 7 ultimate and Windows Defender and have no problem except the pages seem to load slower but that could be on my end not sure. I still have that warning from google chrome in the address bar warning me that my connection to this site is not secure [not HTTPS] . It warns me not to use a credit card. I guess when we get a lot of players you can set up a secure way for players to support the game securely with no proplem.
10.06.2017 14:17 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
tingling Player-Rank: 4 tingling is a male
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

Registration Date: 17.11.2010

I tried downloading the client again (my previous one didn't seem to load up).. and Norton Antivirus (came bundled with my laptop) can't recognise it.

But I think we can leave comments at their website (and other antivirus websites) so that we can back Erwin on this that the software has nothing malicious hidden in it.

Norton brought me to this link
https://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?u...:ENG&os=windows

28.06.2017 22:03 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
NickVanran Player-Rank: 3 NickVanran is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-698.jpg

Registration Date: 21.06.2009

If you look under the review section done 6 years ago, under norton page you will find this review.

Michael L Anderson
Michael...
cosmicsupremacy.com
6 years ago
small-community-5

Best straigy game on the internet.

Cosmic Supremacy
Pros and cons

Over the years I have played many online games, some of which are dark galaxy, Astro empires, infinite conflict,and many others.

But ever since I played a game called “Homeworld”, I have been looking for a game that was in 3-D and was singular to a game called “Stars!”.

Cosmic Supremacy is all that and more.

Pros:

To me any good game should have a tutorial, cosmic supremacy has a very good one, in fact, you cannot play the game and less you have completed the tutorial.

You also need time to learn the game by playing in a safe environment. Cosmic supremacy has what is called the sandbox galaxies, you may play the sandbox galaxies as many times as you wish, as long as you’re not a ranked player. This allows you time to learn the game and to figure out what strategy, you will need to win.

Most games are actually textbased, made up of tables and a very few pictures. Cosmic supremacy has your galaxy map in 3-D, and your table is in a separate frame. The two frames are linked so that if you click on one thing in one frame. Then that item is marked in the other frame. For instance; if you click on a planet, in the galaxy map, that you own, then that planet is marked in the planet table frame. If you double-click on a planet in the galaxy map than that planet’s information is displayed in the planet view screen.

The research tree, is laid out graphically. You can see what you have researched and what needs to be researched. Everything is color coded.

You can design your own ships. Once the base design has been researched. There are lots of different weapons, drives, Shields, bombs, and other things that may be added to your ship.

Also there are many different types of scanners that may be researched and built on your planets and ships.

There are many types of buildings that may be placed on your planets. Each one giving you an added benefit. For instance soldiers and propaganda cut down on corruption. A banking center and a bankers adds money to the coffers. The University and a science lab increases the speed of research. miners, mines, and Robo mines, increase the amount of raw materials to build ships with.

Some of the cons:

In order to play Cosmic Supremacy, You do have to download a small file of 4.4 mag. This file allows you to see the 3-D screen.

There are no protected planets. You can be completely killed out of the game that you’re playing. A new galaxies start about every week, and you may play in as many games as you wish. But do not try to play Multis ( Playing More than one Player per galaxy), you will be kicked from the game.

Cosmic Supremacy is not an easy game to learn, even with the tutorial and the sandbox galaxies. The 3-D Strategy, and a lot of the players playing cutthroat to win makes for a better game. You have to be a good player, a good politician, and and a trickster to get ahead.

Premium advantages:

All players have the same advantages in the base games, but the premium players ( ones who pay to play ) have their own galaxies, where they may manipulate their race traits, control black holes, and lots of other great things, making becoming a premium player worthwhile.

Summary:

I feel that this game will go far, but you will have to give it a little time, so that you may learn the game.

Cosmic supremacy, will weed out the quitters, ( ones who cannot take being killed out ).

So, come take a look, and try the game, who knows, You may like it.

Nick Vanran
Trader to the stars.
Was this review helpful? Yes (0) | No (0)
anonymous
(Sign In or Sign Up)

29.06.2017 14:35 NickVanran is offline Send an Email to NickVanran Search for Posts by NickVanran Add NickVanran to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of NickVanran: NickVanran YIM Account Name of NickVanran: Startraderus
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Bug Reports » malicious software

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH