Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Game Mechanics » Colony ships and more » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Colony ships and more
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
War_Cross Player-Rank: 3 War_Cross is a male
Assigns Gov Schwarzenegger to all Planets

images/avatars/avatar-1303.jpg

Registration Date: 20.06.2014

Colony ships and more Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

When we set up the galaxies we sometimes give each player a certain number of colony ships. What if instead at the beginning while we make our trait choices, we could use the points ( or use a different set of points ) to purchase ships also ? Including colony ships, battleships or what ever you can afford.
05.08.2017 01:19 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
NickVanran Player-Rank: 3 NickVanran is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-698.jpg

Registration Date: 21.06.2009

RE: Colony ships and more Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I can just see a battleship loaded with Mass Drivers and fusion Engines.

HaHaHa.

Nick

05.08.2017 01:34 NickVanran is offline Send an Email to NickVanran Search for Posts by NickVanran Add NickVanran to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of NickVanran: NickVanran YIM Account Name of NickVanran: Startraderus

Thread Starter Thread Started by War_Cross
RE: Colony ships and more Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Smile Yea it would only work in specially marked galaxies. You could start the game with a fleet or just buy colony ships. Difficult choice in that if you don't buy a defensive fleet you might get caught with your guard down. On the other hand if you bought all colony ships you could colonize super fast. Difficult choice. You would have to purchase equipment and weapons for your ships. This would speed the game up a lot. Everyone starts off with a fleet. It would probably be better to have purchase points available after the game starts. The points can be used for anything whenever you want. But once they're gone that's it.

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by War_Cross: 05.08.2017 14:18.

05.08.2017 03:00 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
NickVanran Player-Rank: 3 NickVanran is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-698.jpg

Registration Date: 21.06.2009

That kills the tech/research, not good.

nick

05.08.2017 16:19 NickVanran is offline Send an Email to NickVanran Search for Posts by NickVanran Add NickVanran to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of NickVanran: NickVanran YIM Account Name of NickVanran: Startraderus
War Lord Player-Rank: 3
Arms Farmers, and Farms Armor

Registration Date: 19.10.2014

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

insead of posting all of these crazy ideas why not post a REAL galaxy we can play in
05.08.2017 18:51 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List

Thread Starter Thread Started by War_Cross
War Lord Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The 4 galaxies that I posted will finish up in about 3 weeks. I felt bad that I'd posted 4 when right now 6 is the maximum. So I told multi that I would only have 3 galaxies posted at a time so he would have space to post 3 also. Send him a message and ask him if he's post galaxies any time soon. I think you like those big galaxies better anyway. I will be posting some small galaxies when I can or if multi isn't interested let me know and I can put them up now. Most of my ideas are not crazy. This one was meant to draw friendly conversation and look at the possibilities.
05.08.2017 21:54 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Game Mechanics » Colony ships and more

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH