Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Game Mechanics » AR ... ACTUAL RANK (system) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page AR ... ACTUAL RANK (system)
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
War_Cross Player-Rank: 3 War_Cross is a male
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-1328.jpg

Registration Date: 20.06.2014

AR ... ACTUAL RANK (system) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The pro galaxy is starting but you still have time to sign up. The game is only 1 hour a day for 30 days. Good luck to everyone.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by War_Cross: 12.11.2017 23:43.

29.10.2017 17:37 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
MikeModular Player-Rank: 2 MikeModular is a male
Has Speed 5 Frigates

Registration Date: 18.07.2015

RE: 1 hr PT 5 minute tic WO galaxy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Why next turn is in 24 hours?
29.10.2017 18:02 MikeModular is offline Send an Email to MikeModular Search for Posts by MikeModular Add MikeModular to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 4

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Not sure I can keep up with the pace...As in the primetime didn't happen. We can try and fix it to happen next hour.
29.10.2017 18:03 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

Thread Starter Thread Started by War_Cross
Erwin Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I sent a PM to Erwin to fix it. I don't know what happened cause the settings look right. Not sure what's going on but the start time jumped down 1 hour.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by War_Cross: 29.10.2017 18:11.

29.10.2017 18:07 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

No need to pause it, the primetime will kick in tomorrow. or at the top of the hour today

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sygor: 29.10.2017 18:12.

29.10.2017 18:10 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

error Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This has happened before where start time jumps down below the prime time. Don't know if someone is messing with it or if it's a bug.
29.10.2017 18:13 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List

I think the problem is the start is set 1800CET, while the prime is set for 1900-1959. Start and primetime start need to be the same for it to be primetime from the beginning. It should fix itself at the top of the hour if you unpause it.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sygor: 29.10.2017 18:17.

29.10.2017 18:16 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

repair Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Erwin already fixed it for me once. I'm not changing the start time to a different number. It does it by itself. So it's unpaused. I guess we'll have to wait and start tomorrow. Sorry guys.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by War_Cross: 29.10.2017 18:23.

29.10.2017 18:21 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List

RE: repair Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well something isn't right, lets see what happens at the top of the hour..Seems like the count down should be reflecting 30 min, instead of 24 hours.
29.10.2017 18:23 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

RE: repair Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So yea your right. The start time will have no effect on game play tomorrow so it should run 12 -5 minute turns between 19:00 and 19:59.
29.10.2017 18:29 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
tingling Player-Rank: 4 tingling is a male
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

Registration Date: 17.11.2010

I have to say something doesn't look right indeed.. Though I don't know what too..

I agree with Sygor that the start time and 1440 mins seems to be the problem here.. I think it's asking the game to check prime time at 18:00 CET so it doesn't realise there are prime time ticks at 19:00 CET ? Not sure really.. Forgot how it works.

I didn't touch anything so it wasn't me heh.

29.10.2017 19:03 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List

I know War cross tried changing the start time and primetime start to match, but for some reason they didn't take..We had the same problem with one of the Batch tick galaxies, and to fix it we changed the times to match...
29.10.2017 19:23 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by raf7
quote:
Originally posted by Sygor
I did change the start time to 1500CET, cause I wanted the first batch to happen Sunday. You sure I need to change it to 1700 for the batches to start.

Yes, the previous galaxy was only ticking once per day until both starting times were the same. Erwin clarified that such coincidence is necessary for the batches to roll.

quote:
Originally posted by Sygor
Yep, I'm also a bit concerned about players not knowing what a batch galaxy is. But I also think CS players are a intelligent bunch and can figure it out.

Tingling did you post it on the front page? Thanks

C'etait moi... hoping to help people be better informed when signing up. Smile

Since PrimeTime is very similar to batch tick galaxies, I wonder if we will still have a problem tomorrow.
29.10.2017 19:27 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

No sense Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It makes no sense to me that the start time would change itself. That's gotta be a program fault of some kind huh ? It doesn't seem that only 20:00 start time is workable.
29.10.2017 19:37 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List

I don't think so Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Erwin looked at it and I think reposted it. It will play out normally tomorrow but Erwin will have to look at it so the problem doesn't keep happening.
29.10.2017 19:44 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List

I fixed it, well maybe erwin. I chaged the start to 1900 hours and the next turn went to 4 min. will unpause it after the hour
29.10.2017 19:52 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

I unpaused it to see if it is working, and it is. I'm hoping no one gets upset about 1-2 turns being processed
29.10.2017 19:55 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

Alrighty, Start time and prime time, time must match for the prime time code to kick in.

I hope no one is upset that I unpaused the game, but I wanted to verify the ticks where processing correctly. So at most you may be 2 turns behind in your empire building or the launch of your colony ship.

If there is any hardship or feeling of wrong doing on my part, let me know and I will retire from the game.
29.10.2017 20:16 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

No Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

No you should not retire from the game. You were only trying to fix the problem. Besides what would we do without your smiling sloth face with a cigar. If anyone has a problem with it then we can repost and start from scratch but they should let me know to do this.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by War_Cross: 29.10.2017 20:34.

29.10.2017 20:32 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List

There are no Sloths in this galaxy.

The "Sloth Institute of Smartassness" is field testing an enhanced Bio-Engineered version of the two indigenous species of the "Insane Research Galaxy." Species 14 and 15 both show superior skill sets and by combining their genetic materiel with Sloth DNA a Species has been created that will do Sloth bidding without question. This Species was created for one purpose, and only one purpose. WAR!
29.10.2017 22:04 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Game Mechanics » AR ... ACTUAL RANK (system)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH