Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Bug Reports » Changing in game name » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Changing in game name
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
War_Cross Player-Rank: 3 War_Cross is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1310.jpg

Registration Date: 20.06.2014

Changing in game name Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I wonder if I'm doing something wrong. I usually use War_Cross as my in game name but thought I would use a different name and avatar. The new avatar loads fine and shows up on my HQ. But when I back-space out War_Cross and type in a new name and hit ok ... the name War_Cross is still on my HQ. Erwin reset it so I could try again but the same thing happened. has this ever happened to anyone else and if so, what is the fix ?
15.11.2017 16:08 War_Cross is online Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
chrisadamley Player-Rank: 3
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

images/avatars/avatar-384.gif

Registration Date: 18.01.2007

RE: Changing in game name Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just rename your HQ planet. If you name is changed in the score area...then you are set to go. Just rename your home planet to something else.

15.11.2017 16:11 chrisadamley is offline Send an Email to chrisadamley Search for Posts by chrisadamley Add chrisadamley to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Thread Starter Thread Started by War_Cross
RE: Changing in game name Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just explained that I renamed my HQ, but it doesn't work. Also there is no way to see my name in the scoring area until the game starts. By that time it's too late to fix the problem.
15.11.2017 16:49 War_Cross is online Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Xeelee Player-Rank: 2
Scouts his own Systems

Registration Date: 26.06.2010

Go to the "Recon" tab, owner of your HQ planet should show your Empire Name.
15.11.2017 18:32 Xeelee is offline Send an Email to Xeelee Search for Posts by Xeelee Add Xeelee to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by War_Cross
I just explained that I renamed my HQ, but it doesn't work. Also there is no way to see my name in the scoring area until the game starts. By that time it's too late to fix the problem.

hmm, i just right click on the planet and click rename planet. not sure why it wouldnt be working for you.

15.11.2017 18:38 chrisadamley is offline Send an Email to chrisadamley Search for Posts by chrisadamley Add chrisadamley to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

I forgot about that. Now I hope it's changed in the score window. Thanks a lot.
15.11.2017 18:47 War_Cross is online Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by War_Cross
I forgot about that. Now I hope it's changed in the score window. Thanks a lot.

Yes it will be renamed in the scoring tab to whatever you did when you created your avatar. The name of your HQ planet always seems to stay the same and needs to be manually changed. Glad we got it figured out for you.

15.11.2017 19:27 chrisadamley is offline Send an Email to chrisadamley Search for Posts by chrisadamley Add chrisadamley to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Yea ... thanks a lot Pal. This is the first time I ever used a different name.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by War_Cross: 15.11.2017 19:55.

15.11.2017 19:55 War_Cross is online Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Bug Reports » Changing in game name

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH