Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Newbie FAQ » New Players. Read This » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New Players. Read This
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
chrisadamley Player-Rank: 3
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

images/avatars/avatar-384.gif

Registration Date: 18.01.2007

RE: Galaxy types / manual Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by War_Cross
Well then ... correct it to read the way it should look. Be sure to not leave out any already stated actually choices during in game play in a diplomacy galaxy. Then re post it so we can read it with your correction.

There ya go, let me know if you have any problems with that description. If you do, then you just answered for yourself whats wrong with your own description Wink

05.12.2017 01:49 chrisadamley is offline Send an Email to chrisadamley Search for Posts by chrisadamley Add chrisadamley to your Buddy List
War_Cross Player-Rank: 3 War_Cross is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1310.jpg

Registration Date: 20.06.2014

Thread Starter Thread Started by War_Cross
RE: Galaxy types / manual Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You left out some stuff, told some lies and told stories with incomplete information.
05.12.2017 02:20 War_Cross is online Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by chrisadamley
There ya go, let me know if you have any problems with that description. If you do, then you just answered for yourself whats wrong with your own description Wink

quote:
You left out some stuff, told some lies and told stories with incomplete information.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by chrisadamley: 05.12.2017 03:31.

05.12.2017 03:11 chrisadamley is offline Send an Email to chrisadamley Search for Posts by chrisadamley Add chrisadamley to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Maybe after you've played a couple of war-only galaxies your description will be more accurate.
05.12.2017 03:24 War_Cross is online Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 3
Assigns Gov Schwarzenegger to all Planets

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

Here's a Excellent Guide on How to play Cosmic Supremacy

Excerpt about diplomacy;
quote:
Originally posted by raf7
Here is section 2.5, on diplomacy. While writing it, I realized how difficult it is to put into words what I know about this subject. I think it is because Diplomacy is strongly interwined with each one's personality, and what works for me may not work for others. Anyways, I hesitated a lot on what to include, and ended up with a rather small section that took me longer to write than any of the previous ones. Confused

Some feedback here would be extra welcome!

2.5. Diplomacy
Interacting with other Civilizations can be a gateway to many things, and diplomacy is the means by which you can somehow influence how, when and which of those things happen. When well used, it can turn a game decisively in your favor; when neglected, it can easily bring you down from the top. This was one of the aspects of the game that took me longer to grasp, but I eventually had to. As they say: necessity is the mother of invention. Smile

There are many ways of playing (and even role-playing) the diplomatic game. It is a rich ocean of opportunities and dangers, often to be navigated with a combination of common sense, assertiveness and awareness. While the greater part of an intentional and active diplomatic stance has to do with style, strategy and preference, it is generally a good idea to:
(1) Make good use of treaties: Know their duration and keep them updated.
(2) Be informed about what is happening in the galaxy: Communicate, use scouts, use scans (tech-scans can be very important), and, as much as possible, know the status of the other Empires.

By engaging direct communication with other Leaders, you can often gain leverage on important aspects of the game. Dialogue naturally extends your access to potentially useful information, and can open the way for different kinds of economic and military cooperation:
» A simple example of economic cooperation is trading minerals.
» Another more dynamic economic commitment (with greater potential for mutual benefit) is assuming different complimentary roles – for instance, one Empire takes care of Banking, the other specializes in Mining, and they bind into one Economy.
» By offering to trade resources for protection, an empire can create the conditions for a late game development.
» Military Alliances are one of the most common forms of cooperation, with built-in options for sharing maps, battle reports and line-of-sight. They also enable the combination of fleets and wormhole connections, two strategic assets that can be used to great effect.

When establishing cooperation, it is important to understand that having too many friends may limit your options for growth by conquest, and that having too little may leave you with no back up when you need it – a good balance keeps good options available. Proper timing can significantly increase your chances of setting a well-balanced diplomatic stance too, and reading the scoreboard (namely by considering absolute positions and the growth pace) can be very useful. Keep in mind that your own scoreboard position can leverage or encumber your chances of succeeding in diplomatic negotiations. Knowing how a top score position can be a double edged sword, experienced players often hide their score and potential by accumulating research points and delaying mass production of ships. Another reason for hiding score has to do with improving the diplomatic outcome of an attack, which is calculated based on the score difference: attacking similar sized or bigger Empires grants a positive reputation hit (the bigger the better), and attacking smaller ones produces a negative outcome (the smaller the worse).

For many players, doing teamwork is the best way of playing the game, both for its potential and for the fun of it. Sharing a good game with a good ally is probably one of the most gratifying experiences to be had while playing CS. And the highest expression of teamwork can be found on Team Galaxies, where each team works together during the whole game, aiming supremacy over the other – on a regular TG, the diplomacy status is set to full Military Alliance for all players on the same Team, and to War towards all members of the opposite Team. A great part of the teamwork (and the fun) comes from combining several specialized roles (like miner, banker, troop supporter, vanguard fighter, fleet builder) into a common unified economy and strategy.

Tips:
» When attacked by a bigger Empire, diplomacy can be your greater weapon. Other big Empires may be willing to help you, especially so when you share the information you have on your attacker (namely battle reports), which can put your potential ally in a position of significant advantage.
» When developing economic cooperation with another Civilization, it is good to preserve some self-sustaining ability. For example, if your ally is providing you cash support with short term treaties, make sure you have a safeguard for any unexpected prolonged absence, as this will provide stability for your Economy and improve your own well being.
07.12.2017 18:11 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

This is excellent but leaves out a few possible choices that will tend to happen more often in diplomacy galaxies then in war-only galaxies because joining fleets of large galaxies can be used more readily for intimidation to force players to give up planets, systems or resources. If you would please include intimidation in this post so new players are aware of this ... then I will add a short blurb about war-only game play to your post and we can be done with it. Their is no manual for war-only galaxies so it is important that I do so.
07.12.2017 19:17 War_Cross is online Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List

quote:
This is excellent but leaves out a few possible choices that will tend to happen more often in diplomacy galaxies then in war-only galaxies because joining fleets of large galaxies can be used more readily for intimidation to force players to give up planets, systems or resources. If you would please include intimidation in this post so new players are aware of this ... then I will add a short blurb about war-only game play to your post and we can be done with it. Their is no manual for war-only galaxies so it is important that I do so.

It was a guide written by raf, not sygor.

Also what intimidation? you are very fixated on this. You can intimidate people in WO galaxies as well. That is not a function of the galaxy type.

07.12.2017 21:17 chrisadamley is offline Send an Email to chrisadamley Search for Posts by chrisadamley Add chrisadamley to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Ok ... I will leave raf7 diplomacy galaxy description as is and add a war-only manual to it.
07.12.2017 21:35 War_Cross is online Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 3
Assigns Gov Schwarzenegger to all Planets

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

quote:
Originally posted by chrisadamley
quote:

It was a guide written by raf, not sygor.

Also what intimidation? you are very fixated on this. You can intimidate people in WO galaxies as well. That is not a function of the galaxy type.

Thanks Chris...I just thought it would be a good read for a Beginner. Raf covers a lot of topics in the Guide. It is well written and also includes some of his personal thoughts on the game.

Back before my time First time I heard of Chris.
07.12.2017 22:01 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by Sygor

Back before my time First time I heard of Chris.

HAhahaha....that is so funny to watch.

"But its ALWAYS low priority" Big Grin too good.

08.12.2017 00:16 chrisadamley is offline Send an Email to chrisadamley Search for Posts by chrisadamley Add chrisadamley to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Funny LOL
10.12.2017 21:10 War_Cross is online Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Newbie FAQ » New Players. Read This

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH