Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Game Mechanics » Causes of Diplomacy Failure » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Causes of Diplomacy Failure
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
War_Cross Player-Rank: 3 War_Cross is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1310.jpg

Registration Date: 20.06.2014

Thread Starter Thread Started by War_Cross
RE: 1 fame point Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by War_Cross
Diplomacy galaxies have been the only type of game play at CS for over ten years. The concept has been proven to be a total failure.

Plus we haven't even begun to talk about Team Galaxies. Another type of galaxy for over ten years.[/quote]

Hahaha ... Team galaxies are diplomacy galaxies also. I know your only playing devils advocate and playing dumb with this one. Diplomacy galaxies have been here from the start and has failed to keep players. Where as war-only galaxies have only been around for a much shorter period and only added as a second choice in an attempt to save CS. It will take some time. get back to me in 10 years for the results.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by War_Cross: 07.12.2017 01:41.

07.12.2017 00:25 War_Cross is online Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 3
Assigns Gov Schwarzenegger to all Planets

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

RE: 1 fame point Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Since you have never played a Team Galaxy, Explain to me how a Team Galaxy works?
07.12.2017 01:41 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

quote:
Originally posted by Sygor
Since you have never played a Team Galaxy, Explain to me how a Team Galaxy works?

Sure that's easy. Smile
First you choose 2 UNBALANCED teams ( the AR system does not exist).
Then the 2 big bosses scold their pawns if they don't obey their commands and ban them (Radiance) from playing any more team games. Then one or more players drop out to skew the outcome still further. Then you give out fame points to both the winners and the losers like some kind of participation trophy.
07.12.2017 01:52 War_Cross is online Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
chrisadamley Player-Rank: 3
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

images/avatars/avatar-384.gif

Registration Date: 18.01.2007

quote:
quote:

Sure that's easy. Smile
Then the 2 big bosses scold their pawns if they don't obey their commands and ban them (Radiance) from playing any more team games. Then one or more players drop out to skew the outcome still further. Then you give out fame points to both the winners and the losers like some kind of participation trophy.

Ok war cross, you can go sit in the corner with your WO galaxies and keep talking about stuff you know nothing about. Roll Eyes

07.12.2017 03:44 chrisadamley is offline Send an Email to chrisadamley Search for Posts by chrisadamley Add chrisadamley to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Big Grin LOL Tongue
07.12.2017 04:30 War_Cross is online Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
War Lord Player-Rank: 3
Puts Shields on Colony Ships

Registration Date: 19.10.2014

quote:
quote:

Sure that's easy. Smile

wc you have no idea what you are talking about
the last two team galaxies i played in were a lot of fun even if we lost to the better team
as for the two big bosses scolding their pawns that is all part of being on a team and managing the game
when you have actually played in one you will understand

oh and yes i have played in a few of them where we had players who i will never play with again as they have no interest in acting in the best interest of the team
12.12.2017 00:07 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

quote:
Originally posted by War Lord

oh and yes i have played in a few of them where we had players who i will never play with again as they have no interest in acting in the best interest of the team

I rest my case.
12.12.2017 04:50 War_Cross is online Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by War Lord

I rest my case.

getting in a game with someone you don't want to play with again doesn't mean team galaxies are a failure. There will always be issues with people getting along, just like in the form. Some don't play well with others. Doesn't mean the game-type is bad.

12.12.2017 05:34 chrisadamley is offline Send an Email to chrisadamley Search for Posts by chrisadamley Add chrisadamley to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

I agree. But like any team game your at the mercy of other players who who can drop out or not contribute to the team in a meaningful way.
12.12.2017 14:47 War_Cross is online Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List

so what is your point? I don't think you have one, as it seems to keep changing.

12.12.2017 17:01 chrisadamley is offline Send an Email to chrisadamley Search for Posts by chrisadamley Add chrisadamley to your Buddy List

quote:
I agree. But like any team game your at the mercy of other players who who can drop out or not contribute to the team in a meaningful way.

Perhaps we should play a Team Galaxy. War Cross can be a captain, and if no one else want's the responsibility, I will volunteer to be a Captain. It would give War Cross a chance to see the Team Selection process.

@War Cross, Did you know each Team gets a private chat room in the Forums?
12.12.2017 22:35 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

quote:
quote:

Perhaps we should play a Team Galaxy. War Cross can be a captain, and if no one else want's the responsibility, I will volunteer to be a Captain. It would give War Cross a chance to see the Team Selection process.

@War Cross, Did you know each Team gets a private chat room in the Forums?

That would be great Smile

I volunteer to be captain.

Team picking is pretty fair as far as i can tell....each gets an equal chance at all players...back and forth blind selection.

Maybe a smaller team galaxy....like 4v4 or 6v6 if we have enough people?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by chrisadamley: 12.12.2017 22:43.

12.12.2017 22:43 chrisadamley is offline Send an Email to chrisadamley Search for Posts by chrisadamley Add chrisadamley to your Buddy List

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The captains can actually discuss the Teams in PM's and get a better balance. Do I dare say it, it takes diplomacy...I said it.

Standard TG, each captain get's a list of all players. The captain sorts the list and places his preferences at the top of the list. The TG Algorithm then sorts the teams based off rank.

If the Team Captains discuss it, they can influence the team selection and come up with Teams that both Captains think are balanced.
12.12.2017 23:20 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
NickVanran Player-Rank: 3 NickVanran is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-698.jpg

Registration Date: 21.06.2009

Team Galaxy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Invite Radiance back for the team galaxy, if you have one, and Teno, he was very good in the last one I played.

I Will be a resource r for one team.

Nick

Yesterday, 00:56 NickVanran is offline Send an Email to NickVanran Search for Posts by NickVanran Add NickVanran to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of NickVanran: NickVanran YIM Account Name of NickVanran: Startraderus
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Game Mechanics » Causes of Diplomacy Failure

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH