Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Game Mechanics » conquering a planet question » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page conquering a planet question
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
chrisadamley Player-Rank: 3
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

images/avatars/avatar-384.gif

Registration Date: 18.01.2007

conquering a planet question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Question for anyone that knows, just wanted to verify something.

If i have a planet that had PD....and a fleet comes to take it. If i have my defensive fleet stationed on the planet, they must kill the fleet before the bombs will hit the planet...right?

So their bombs only damage my planet once they have killed off my fleet.

If this is correct i would like to know.

I am pretty confident this is correct because i seem to remember if you have 1 single unmanned ship and they have no guns, that ship will stop them from conquering the planet.

what i cant remember is if the ships in orbit just prevent ground conquering, or if they prevent the bombs from going off as well.

Thanks!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by chrisadamley: 11.02.2018 20:33.

11.02.2018 20:32 chrisadamley is offline Send an Email to chrisadamley Search for Posts by chrisadamley Add chrisadamley to your Buddy List
Alfa Player-Rank: 1
Serves Soup on Colony Shuttles

Registration Date: 11.12.2017

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am not sure but i think you get bombs still.. if you have turret on planet. Sometimes it is worth to demolish that light turret to disable bombraid.. to win time with ships on orbit.

And if opponent has order to biobomb you in turn x, he cant conquer in that turn that planet. Can conquer it in x+1 turn (after biobombing has ended).

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Alfa: 11.02.2018 21:01.

11.02.2018 20:53 Alfa is offline Send an Email to Alfa Search for Posts by Alfa Add Alfa to your Buddy List
War_Cross Player-Rank: 3 War_Cross is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1310.jpg

Registration Date: 20.06.2014

RE: conquering a planet question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

No Chris ... the fighters and bombers will both attack at the same time. However troops cannot conquer the planet until the enemy fighters destroy all your ships in orbit.
11.02.2018 20:59 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
chrisadamley Player-Rank: 3
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

images/avatars/avatar-384.gif

Registration Date: 18.01.2007

Thread Starter Thread Started by chrisadamley
RE: conquering a planet question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

got it, thats what i was wondering!

Thanks. Couldn't remember

11.02.2018 21:05 chrisadamley is offline Send an Email to chrisadamley Search for Posts by chrisadamley Add chrisadamley to your Buddy List
Multiglow Player-Rank: 4
Hurries Production on Hotdog Stands

Registration Date: 02.02.2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Where it gets complicated, is if the attacking fleet has Bio Bombers.

Then your troops get slaughtered while you still have a fleet above the planet.

They still cannot actually invade until all your fleet is destroyed though.
12.02.2018 02:15 Multiglow is online Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Game Mechanics » conquering a planet question

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH