Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Weird Galaxy 11 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Weird Galaxy 11
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Sygor Player-Rank: 3
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yep, unless you want to push it up to high noon (12)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sygor: 18.02.2018 18:03.

18.02.2018 15:07 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

@War Lord, Awesome game so far.

The Battle of Hell's Gate

Planet Hell's Gate was my Primary HE Transmitter Planet, with 16 Transmitters. For the Defense, Hell's Gate had 2300 Troops in 10 Planetary Fortress, with at least 800 Rank 6 and another 1000 Rank 5. My Fleet was 2 turns away, but useless against the "Super Mega Death Fleet of Doom"

For 3 Turns, (15 minutes) I had to watch the dropping of Countless Bio-bombs.

Then the invasion began. By this time my Ground Troops only numbered 1485 with 4 Planetary Fortresses. His forces 2760.

Turn 356; My superior trained (rank 5.67) managed to take 1269 of his (Rank 3.57) troops to meet Crom, while I lost 1366 troops (also meeting Crom)

Turn 357; With no where to go my remaining 216 troops, took on 1394. Sending another 124 of his troops to Crom.

Turn 358; The planet was Conquered with only 10 of my troops going against 1270 of his troops.

On the Tactical level this was a defeat of unbelievable magnitude...But on a Strategic level I depleted him of Troops that my Tacticians believe he will have a hard time replacing.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sygor: 19.02.2018 02:02.

19.02.2018 01:07 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
War Lord Player-Rank: 3
Puts Shields on Colony Ships

Registration Date: 19.10.2014

grins as he wonders how the sloth commander will react to the arrival of 3,000 more troops in my fleet soon
smiles at the thought of how their troops dread our bio bombs
next target his other transmitter planets
tomorrow will be another good war day
19.02.2018 04:22 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

quote:
Originally posted by War Lord
grins as he wonders how the sloth commander will react to the arrival of 3,000 more troops in my fleet soon
smiles at the thought of how their troops dread our bio bombs
next target his other transmitter planets
tomorrow will be another good war day

The Sloth Commander will react with Awe and Wonder. First you must navigate thru some of the most heavily defended sectors in not only this galaxy, but the known Universe. I wish you luck in this endeavor.

38 Turns to go. Yes today will be a good day for War.
19.02.2018 17:29 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Multiglow Player-Rank: 4
Hurries Production on Hotdog Stands

Registration Date: 02.02.2010

Thread Starter Thread Started by Multiglow

I think this galaxy will end today as WL is going to lose.

So, as we apparently like this format and I really want to take an active part in one of these I have just set up Weird Galaxy 3 starting tomorrow if you two want to play in it then

It is a 3x3x3 with 9 huge planets per system.

If we get anyone else sign up, I will expand the galaxy.

If only the 3 of us play, I would suggest the following rules.

3 Hours of play per day with 5 min turns (36 turns)

1) No attacks whatsoever until turn 180 (5 days)

2) We all get 9 systems each (81 planets)

3) You CANNOT colonize a system that another player has already colonized a planet in (We all get our own 9 systems).

4) As both the Corruption and Reputation Multipliers are set to 0.1 Bio Bombing will be highly effective with almost no penalty.

I have set up the sector size to be 500 and the research to be a whopping 3,000 so researching the entire tree is going to take a while.

Comments / suggestions appreciated.
19.02.2018 19:45 Multiglow is online Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
chrisadamley Player-Rank: 3
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

images/avatars/avatar-384.gif

Registration Date: 18.01.2007

what time have you guys been playing your prime time? I am in Central USA

19.02.2018 19:56 chrisadamley is offline Send an Email to chrisadamley Search for Posts by chrisadamley Add chrisadamley to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

quote:
Originally posted by chrisadamley
what time have you guys been playing your prime time? I am in Central USA

1-4 Central. That may be negotiable. The Weird Galaxy 2 speed rounds, just sort of happened...Also a good point is, if any player can't play that day, they just need to say so and the game will remain paused.
19.02.2018 20:58 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

That would work for me.

Curious to see what WL's suggestion is.
19.02.2018 21:00 Multiglow is online Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
War Lord Player-Rank: 3
Puts Shields on Colony Ships

Registration Date: 19.10.2014

ok i am in and set up
my suggestion will save us time as we cannot colonize planets in systems other player are already in.
we each have a home system and enough ships to totally colonize two other systems.
i suggest that we all post those three systems as they are closest to us.
i hope none of us get placed right next to another player
i am in 211 and going to 212 and 222
19.02.2018 21:06 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List

That is a great idea for saving wasted scouting time...........love it.
0/1/1
0/1/2
0/2/1
are my 3.

Just to clarify the "No attacks whatsoever until turn 180 (5 days)".

This includes pesky scout ships in our systems.

We can't kill anything.
19.02.2018 21:34 Multiglow is online Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Sorry guy's I'm not going to be able to play this one.

The settings and Gentlemen rules are fitting the Weirdness criteria. For anyone else who wants to play, it is an intense way to play the game. 36 turns in 3 hours! Then a pause till the next round.

I think the big thing I got from the Weird 2 galaxy, was everyone's willingness to make sure everyone was ready play.

Hats off to War Lord and Multiglow for an outstanding Weird 2 galaxy.
19.02.2018 21:58 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

quote:
Originally posted by Multiglow
I think this galaxy will end today as WL is going to lose.

So, as we apparently like this format and I really want to take an active part in one of these I have just set up Weird Galaxy 3 starting tomorrow if you two want to play in it then

It is a 3x3x3 with 9 huge planets per system.

If we get anyone else sign up, I will expand the galaxy.

If only the 3 of us play, I would suggest the following rules.

3 Hours of play per day with 5 min turns (36 turns)

1) No attacks whatsoever until turn 180 (5 days)

2) We all get 9 systems each (81 planets)

3) You CANNOT colonize a system that another player has already colonized a planet in (We all get our own 9 systems).

4) As both the Corruption and Reputation Multipliers are set to 0.1 Bio Bombing will be highly effective with almost no penalty.

I have set up the sector size to be 500 and the research to be a whopping 3,000 so researching the entire tree is going to take a while.

Comments / suggestions appreciated.

I think you may need to drop the Gentlemen rules if other players join. They are impossible to enforce. The low Corruption and Rep multipliers plus the high research modifier brings up some serious consideration with 25 Civ changes. But then I'm not playing, just throwing thoughts out.
19.02.2018 22:43 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Weird Galaxy 11

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH