Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Team Galaxy » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 8 9 [10] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Team Galaxy
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
War Lord Player-Rank: 3
Invades without Troop Ships

Registration Date: 19.10.2014

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Sygor
quote:
Originally posted by Multiglow
I think I hear the fat lady singing.

I also hate freaking wormholes.

Nice tap you sucked us into.

Are we playing on, or would Turn 375 be a good turn to End it.

end it my fleet is dead
27.03.2018 22:16 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 4
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

Thread Starter Thread Started by Sygor
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

End turn is set for 375. The Game will resume tomorrow at 1100...If for any reason there is a major upset in the balance of power, or if "The People" want to go longer, we will pause the game and reset the end turn.

It has been an outstanding game.

The Wormhole Hub..A beautiful Sight.
27.03.2018 22:59 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Multiglow Player-Rank: 4
Assigns Gov Schwarzenegger to all Planets

Registration Date: 02.02.2010

I am done with it, no point in continuing.

Even though we got thrashed, you two really deserve the win.

VERY well played and that was the most fun I have had in a galaxy for a very long time.

I would love to replay this with 3 or 4 experienced players per team.

PS: I still REALLY hate wormholes.
28.03.2018 03:33 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
StarkRavingSage Player-Rank: 2 StarkRavingSage is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1216.jpg

Registration Date: 06.09.2010

This may have been the most fun I've had in a galaxy since I was trying to win a premium membership. That was mostly special because it felt like my first real match that I wasn't steamrolled and I had to fight tooth and nail for the win.

This was a great competition. You kept me worried and got some real surprises in. I try to scan and scout a lot and know what's out there, but you didn't make it easy.

I've never played one, but is anyone interested in a batch ticks TG? Maybe starting in a week?

I'm thinking something like 12 batch ticks every 12 hours if that's doable.

I don't think this format will work with many people. We worked it out because we are all the same time zone and have the time.
28.03.2018 15:25 StarkRavingSage is offline Send an Email to StarkRavingSage Search for Posts by StarkRavingSage Add StarkRavingSage to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

I'm willing to play a Batch Tick Team Galaxy.

I don't think the 12 batch tick every 12 hours is doable without Erwin working some magic. I'm pretty sure we are limited to 1 batch per day. The only thing we can change is the amount of turns for each batch.
28.03.2018 22:25 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

quote:
Originally posted by Multiglow
I am done with it, no point in continuing.

Even though we got thrashed, you two really deserve the win.

VERY well played and that was the most fun I have had in a galaxy for a very long time.

I would love to replay this with 3 or 4 experienced players per team.

PS: I still REALLY hate wormholes.

Was an outstanding game with a lot of suspense and "fog of war" things going on. When ever we lost sight of your fleet was scary, at least for me. I ended up playing a Vanguard type of role while StarkRavingSage went for the Fleet. My main goal was to keep the battle on the Red side of the Galaxy with the hope of opening a Worm hole. This also allowed Stark the time to Research and build.

Red Team did manage to destroy my fleet around turn 300. That was a big upset, that I didn't think Slothdom could recover from...Luckly my Teammate StarkRavingSage had the time he needed to build his fleet.

With a few words of encouragement from Stark, I managed to cobble together another fleet and started taking planets again...Except this time Stark was ready and waiting at our WH Hub. We just needed the right place, timing and luck to pull it off.

That happened Starting Turn 330...Remember 5 minute turns, A lot of short, perhaps confusing messages going on.

Turn 330
I've taken 2 planets in the 322 system but I know Red Fleet is near, so I start running to a Planet building CC's. I guessed Red Team would try and retake the planets in the 322 system. At this time I didn't know where the Red was.

With Replay fog of War turned off

Turn 331-338
Red Team retakes the planets in 322 system, and starts heading to my HE Transmitter world in the 222 system. My Fleet, which is out classed, Even with Command centers, is on the run to the Hub. Bypassing the WH.

Turn 339
Yep, Red is going for it...Confident...Starks Fleet is at the WH (Speed 84.5) out Red's scan range.

Turn 340
We can just say the rest is History

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sygor: 29.03.2018 01:10.

29.03.2018 00:31 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Multiglow Player-Rank: 4
Assigns Gov Schwarzenegger to all Planets

Registration Date: 02.02.2010

quote:
I'm willing to play a Batch Tick Team Galaxy.

I don't think the 12 batch tick every 12 hours is doable without Erwin working some magic. I'm pretty sure we are limited to 1 batch per day. The only thing we can change is the amount of turns for each batch.

The Batch turn has one big disadvantage in that you cannot log in while the batches are in progress which really magnifies the effects of any little screw ups you make.

We would be better off using the 5 min turn format and simply agreeing on how many turns are played and when each day.

Oh Memo to self: Next galaxy once you have 100 unit scanner range, build at least one damn ship that uses it in each fleet.

I dropped it back down to 70 in my ships to get better speed or weapons load out.

That one mistake cost us both our fleets.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Multiglow: 29.03.2018 02:38.

29.03.2018 02:35 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
StarkRavingSage Player-Rank: 2 StarkRavingSage is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1216.jpg

Registration Date: 06.09.2010

Yeah, I definitely had late-stage battleship designs with 50 scan range because I wanted to save on space for weapons/drives/shields.

I actually tasked my stealth scouts near the end to follow my fleet closely to avoid battles and also at a range I would follow your fleet, to hopefully catch your scouts.

I definitely agree that had you noticed our fleet early in the chase, we would have been playing cat and mouse for a while.

I get that batch ticks magnify mistakes, but maybe we should get a little practice and have a running advice thread or wiki page for reminders to avoid things like leaving the "Don't follow ships to hostile planets" on with separate troop ships fleet and attack fleet. That's one mistake I've made too many times, ending up trashing PD at a planet, but never moving on because my troops are skittish, per admiral's orders.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by StarkRavingSage: 29.03.2018 15:07.

29.03.2018 15:01 StarkRavingSage is offline Send an Email to StarkRavingSage Search for Posts by StarkRavingSage Add StarkRavingSage to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

One of the concepts behind batch tick was to level the playing field between players who can log-in every turn and those who can only log in once or twice a day.

1 hour of batched ticks and then 23 hours to plan and get ready for the next batch. Since everyone playing has the same disadvantage, I really don't think you can call it a disadvantage. Since it would be a Team Galaxy, each team will get a private (Team only Forum) to discuss the best way to set up governors or admirals for the next batch.

When we set up the Teams we can make sure each team has players with a good understanding of Admirals and are willing to share their knowledge.
29.03.2018 15:54 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

one of the things about batch turns i do not like is how we colonize
if we could have a colonization governor it would be much better
it is a pain to have a colony ship reach a system and then have to sit there until the end of a batch
29.03.2018 16:46 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

quote:
Originally posted by War Lord
it is a pain to have a colony ship reach a system and then have to sit there until the end of a batch

There are ways to minimize that with a combination of scouting and building colony ships in an order that will eliminate, or at least shorten, the time the ships sit at the sun.

If each system has 6 planets
I have a system (111) 6 turns away and system (121) 14 turns away that I have scouted and want to colonize.

I'm going to design 2 Colony Ships, CS111 and CS121. Each design will have it's own admiral to man and move the ships to there systems.

Next make a queue to build 6 CS121 first, and then 6 CS111. After the batch all ships will be in route, with none sitting at a sun. Then you can set your Colonization orders after the batch.
29.03.2018 18:41 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
chrisadamley Player-Rank: 3
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

images/avatars/avatar-384.gif

Registration Date: 18.01.2007

quote:
quote:

There are ways to minimize that with a combination of scouting and building colony ships in an order that will eliminate, or at least shorten, the time the ships sit at the sun.

If each system has 6 planets
I have a system (111) 6 turns away and system (121) 14 turns away that I have scouted and want to colonize.

I'm going to design 2 Colony Ships, CS111 and CS121. Each design will have it's own admiral to man and move the ships to there systems.

Next make a queue to build 6 CS121 first, and then 6 CS111. After the batch all ships will be in route, with none sitting at a sun. Then you can set your Colonization orders after the batch.

I have done this with many different colony ships of the same design. Can send them out anywhere automatically.

If you get really board you can make 1 design for each planet you want to send to. but usually that isn't necessary as long as you the planet is at only 1 turn away from the sun. If its 2 turns away based on your ships speed, i would send it right to the planet to save a turn.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by chrisadamley: 29.03.2018 19:08.

29.03.2018 19:07 chrisadamley is offline Send an Email to chrisadamley Search for Posts by chrisadamley Add chrisadamley to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

That's what I meant, just didn't choose my words good enough. Should of said multiple Colony ships with the same design, but different names.

The point being, in a batch Tick galaxy, to get the ships heading to the proper system during 1 batch, then during the pause before the next batch give the Colonizing order. It's a work around to avoid having ships sitting at the sun or rally point for half the batch.
29.03.2018 22:01 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

it would still be better if we had a colonize closest empty planet governor
then we could send a scout to system x/y/z and x number of colony ships to the same system who once the scout revels the planets would automatically colonize the planets
just a thought
29.03.2018 22:31 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

quote:
it would still be better if we had a colonize closest empty planet governor
then we could send a scout to system x/y/z and x number of colony ships to the same system who once the scout revels the planets would automatically colonize the planets
just a thought

I agree with you. We just have to go with what we have.

To keep this moving forward, I volunteer to be a captain if no one else wants the responsibility.

If anyone is wondering the Captains only role is to manage the Team selection process, after that he is just a figure head who will speak for the Team if any problems with game play or rule violations happen. He is not responsible for developing a teams overall strategy.

A Teams overall strategy comes from discussion among all Team members in a private Forum.
29.03.2018 23:10 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 8 9 [10] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Team Galaxy

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH