Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Game Mechanics » Hyperspace-Energy » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hyperspace-Energy
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Sygor Player-Rank: 4
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

Hyperspace-Energy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What's everyone's opinion on the best way to implement and protect a HE Grid. The way I see it, you have 3 basic choices.

1.. One or two planets with Transmitters defended by troops in Planetary Fortress and/or a Fleet in orbit with Command centers. With no PD on the Planet.

2..A couple of Transmitters on 10+ planets, plus PD. Knowing you can dismantle the transmitter and build a receiver if necessary if you have the time.

3..Don't build a HE Grid.
09.04.2018 23:50 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
War_Cross Player-Rank: 3 War_Cross is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1325.jpg

Registration Date: 20.06.2014

RE: Hyperspace-Energy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool Can't tell ya. It's an ancient American secret.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by War_Cross: 10.04.2018 02:00.

10.04.2018 01:48 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
StarkRavingSage Player-Rank: 2 StarkRavingSage is a male
Builds Destroyers without Bathroom

images/avatars/avatar-1216.jpg

Registration Date: 06.09.2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I go with option 2 every time anymore, though I'll go with 1-4 transmitters per planet depending on production capacity, space, existing PD/troops, and strategic value of the planet.

Option 1 and 3 will bite you.

Often enough with option 2, other matters will supersede strategic targetting of your HE planets. Just hit them and they'll usually defend. That'll slow things down enough for my inevitable production and logistics juggernaut to defeat them. You'll have to work out your own tactics, mine are patented and definitely haven't been shared freely and repeatedly.
10.04.2018 02:30 StarkRavingSage is offline Send an Email to StarkRavingSage Search for Posts by StarkRavingSage Add StarkRavingSage to your Buddy List
chrisadamley Player-Rank: 3
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

images/avatars/avatar-384.gif

Registration Date: 18.01.2007

RE: Hyperspace-Energy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have before build transmitters on 1 or 2 planets and heavily defended them.

Need to choose large planets, built alot of transmitters and PD. Then build alot of space stations for tons of firepower and hitpoints.

If you have enough time to build up the defense it can be very hard to crack.

10.04.2018 03:59 chrisadamley is offline Send an Email to chrisadamley Search for Posts by chrisadamley Add chrisadamley to your Buddy List
War_Cross Player-Rank: 3 War_Cross is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1325.jpg

Registration Date: 20.06.2014

RE: Hyperspace-Energy/sidebar Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

As a sidebar I assume this a diplomacy galaxy. In my war-only galaxies the HSE is set at 20% strength to cut down people trying to turtle. Because at full strength it is impossible for anyone who doesn't have exotics to build planet busters to break through the PD. Exotics planet spawn was moved up from 2% to 5% for this very reason. In the war-only galaxy presently running not every player has exotics even though the maximum players is 7, and only six players are playing. In diplomacy galaxies you don't have this problem cause you can share exotics with your allies and join fleets. 2 or 3 fleets joined with planet busters can brake through any PD.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by War_Cross: 10.04.2018 15:01.

10.04.2018 14:59 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Thread Starter Thread Started by Sygor

quote:
Originally posted by chrisadamley
I have before build transmitters on 1 or 2 planets and heavily defended them.

Need to choose large planets, built alot of transmitters and PD. Then build alot of space stations for tons of firepower and hitpoints.

If you have enough time to build up the defense it can be very hard to crack.

That's what I'm doing now in the Weird 4 galaxy. Except I'm going with a combination of Space Stations/normal fleet/Command Centers and Troops on the planet, with no PD.

I do have a second planet that has been focusing on PD since the game started, I think it may be time to start a 2nd Transmitter world.
10.04.2018 22:46 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Thread Starter Thread Started by Sygor
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by StarkRavingSage
I go with option 2 every time anymore, though I'll go with 1-4 transmitters per planet depending on production capacity, space, existing PD/troops, and strategic value of the planet.

Option 1 and 3 will bite you.

Often enough with option 2, other matters will supersede strategic targetting of your HE planets. Just hit them and they'll usually defend. That'll slow things down enough for my inevitable production and logistics juggernaut to defeat them. You'll have to work out your own tactics, mine are patented and definitely haven't been shared freely and repeatedly.

Option 2 has it's merits. I think you know from the last Team Galaxy, I can be Aggressive in my tactics if needed. This time around I'm trying some of the less used doctrines.
10.04.2018 23:02 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
chrisadamley Player-Rank: 3
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

images/avatars/avatar-384.gif

Registration Date: 18.01.2007

there also is an option 4....win the galaxy before people have a chance research all the tech necessary to build said PD

Approach i took in last galaxy i played Wink

11.04.2018 02:13 chrisadamley is offline Send an Email to chrisadamley Search for Posts by chrisadamley Add chrisadamley to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Game Mechanics » Hyperspace-Energy

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH