Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Newbie FAQ » Decimal FP bonus? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Decimal FP bonus?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Arcady Player-Rank: 3 Arcady is a male
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-1313.gif

Registration Date: 13.09.2008

Decimal FP bonus? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Aside from crew rank, what can give a ship a 0.5% firepower bonus? I seem to be missing something and I'm just not seeing it.

--<Emma Gonzalez for President>--

24.04.2018 05:26 Arcady is offline Send an Email to Arcady Search for Posts by Arcady Add Arcady to your Buddy List
chrisadamley Player-Rank: 3
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

images/avatars/avatar-384.gif

Registration Date: 18.01.2007

RE: Decimal FP bonus? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

where are you seeing a 0.5% increase? what stat are you reading? does it say "0.5"?

24.04.2018 05:36 chrisadamley is offline Send an Email to chrisadamley Search for Posts by chrisadamley Add chrisadamley to your Buddy List

Thread Starter Thread Started by Arcady
RE: Decimal FP bonus? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Battle reports show ships with 1146/201/0 and 0/0/2010 firepower. Beam lasers are 285/50/0 so 285 * 4 = 1140 and with a 0.5% increase it's 1146. Fusion bombs are 500 so 500 * 4 = 2000 and with a 0.5% increase it's 2010.

24.04.2018 15:50 Arcady is offline Send an Email to Arcady Search for Posts by Arcady Add Arcady to your Buddy List
StarkRavingSage Player-Rank: 2 StarkRavingSage is a male
Invades without Troop Ships

images/avatars/avatar-1216.jpg

Registration Date: 06.09.2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Fractional rank matters, but you should see that in the battle report, IIRC.
24.04.2018 15:56 StarkRavingSage is offline Send an Email to StarkRavingSage Search for Posts by StarkRavingSage Add StarkRavingSage to your Buddy List

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well that's before any crew rank bonuses which, as you mentioned, are listed separately.

24.04.2018 16:27 Arcady is offline Send an Email to Arcady Search for Posts by Arcady Add Arcady to your Buddy List

you dont know his race modifications exactly though. He could have a race perk for + firepower...and be using different weapons then you think he is to get that that attack value.

Example....with a 34% firepower damage increase....3 fusion bombs would equal 2,010 damage. 500*3= 1500. 1500 * 1.34 = 2010

This 34% also holds true for the beam laser example you give. Comes to 1145.7 for light FP, which the game rounds up.

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by chrisadamley: 24.04.2018 17:58.

24.04.2018 17:51 chrisadamley is offline Send an Email to chrisadamley Search for Posts by chrisadamley Add chrisadamley to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 4
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

That also holds true with the HFP. But Arcady indicated it was 4 fighters and 4 bombers not 3.
24.04.2018 18:22 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

A valid point for the bombers, but I have yet to find a similar match for the 1146/201, hence the original question. Both ships are from the same player and the only combination I can find is the 0.5% bonus, which makes no sense. I should also mention that I'm quite certain that there is a 34% FP bonus attached, but I just wasn't able to correlate both sets of numbers accurately. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing something with a possible 0.5% bonus that I wasn't thinking of.

I should mention that those numbers would be from single ships and I don't really know what they carry or how many, that's what I was trying to work out Smile

Since this is an active galaxy it probly isn't in good taste to work on reverse engineering the ship design in a public forum. I just couldn't get past the strange bonus scenario which seemed to fit so well with both sets of data, though it just can't be correct.

24.04.2018 18:54 Arcady is offline Send an Email to Arcady Search for Posts by Arcady Add Arcady to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by chrisadamley
This 34% also holds true for the beam laser example you give. Comes to 1145.7 for light FP, which the game rounds up.

Well that explains it all then I spose. I don't know how I missed that, I swear I already checked that, but it fits. So no strange bonuses then.

I hope this wasn't detrimental to anyone playing right now. If it was, feel free to cuss me out Smile

24.04.2018 18:57 Arcady is offline Send an Email to Arcady Search for Posts by Arcady Add Arcady to your Buddy List

So basically yes, I'm just an idiot... Smile (But that's probly not news for most of us...)

24.04.2018 20:38 Arcady is offline Send an Email to Arcady Search for Posts by Arcady Add Arcady to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by Arcady
So basically yes, I'm just an idiot... Smile (But that's probly not news for most of us...)

Wink

24.04.2018 21:07 chrisadamley is offline Send an Email to chrisadamley Search for Posts by chrisadamley Add chrisadamley to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Newbie FAQ » Decimal FP bonus?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH