Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Weird Galaxy 5 (Team Galaxy) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Weird Galaxy 5 (Team Galaxy)
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Sygor Player-Rank: 4
Rules with an Iron Pinky


images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009
Posts: 1,186

Thread Starter Thread Started by Sygor
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm sure there is nothing to worry about from unknown space...



The list so far;
1. Sygor
2. War Lord
3. StarkRavingSage
4. Multiglow
5. Add your name here or join
23.04.2018 00:46 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Multiglow Player-Rank: 4
Hurries Production on Hotdog Stands


Registration Date: 02.02.2010
Posts: 696

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I will captain as WL has no interest in doing it.

Are we setting up starting positions, a river and no attack rules, or is it just go for it as is?

If we have a river, how about a "No Colonies" in the river rule to make it even more difficult for later attacks into enemy territory?

As for the CS costs, we are OK with leaving them as is or upping them.

Either way works.

One quirk we may discover with planet sizes of 100 - 900 is that most of the planets may be 700+. I tried those settings once and there were very few useless small planets generated.
23.04.2018 05:11 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
War Lord Player-Rank: 3
Builds Destroyers without Bathroom


Registration Date: 19.10.2014
Posts: 183

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Sygor
I'm sure there is nothing to worry about from unknown space...



The list so far;
1. Sygor
2. War Lord
3. StarkRavingSage
4. Multiglow
5. Add your name here or join


the unknown only contains peace loving dragons with poor technology
we do not even know how to sharpen sticks so do not fear us
23.04.2018 16:25 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 4
Rules with an Iron Pinky


images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009
Posts: 1,186

Thread Starter Thread Started by Sygor
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I PM Erwin and asked him to set the captains and turn on the Batch Auto logoff feature..
23.04.2018 16:29 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
StarkRavingSage Player-Rank: 2 StarkRavingSage is a male
Invades without Troop Ships


images/avatars/avatar-1216.jpg

Registration Date: 06.09.2010
Posts: 234

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm the 4th in, as of now.

I'm good to go however we want to proceed.

Please clearly state the preset territory and river in full x/y/z notation. One team captain should propose, the other should confirm, repeating the full coordinates of the bounds of all territory.


Here's a suggestion:
May I suggest setting that higher colony ship modifier and not restricting fighting at all?

Set a river for no colonization in the first ~150 turns. Only colony ships to systems on your team's side of the river. That would leave an uninhabited buffer in between sides.

That would allow us to fight early, but not have to race for the planets in our territory, yeah?

In the case of conquering a planet with 0 population (bio-bombs or conversion to stationed military), permit colony ships to cross the river only for populating conquered planets.

Colony ships are fair military targets at any time in any place.

This would increase the viability for a stealth and/or light ship fighting strategy. It would make the game tense from the beginning. I think it's a great change of pace for a TG.
23.04.2018 20:02 StarkRavingSage is offline Send an Email to StarkRavingSage Search for Posts by StarkRavingSage Add StarkRavingSage to your Buddy List
StarkRavingSage Player-Rank: 2 StarkRavingSage is a male
Invades without Troop Ships


images/avatars/avatar-1216.jpg

Registration Date: 06.09.2010
Posts: 234

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Maybe combine that with a radical change in territory starts. Have a flat plane for each team and a flat river in between. You never know where you might get hit.

Wormholes would be crucial to transport and managing the fighting space, but what if we banned them?

These ideas may induce stress. Neither I nor CS are responsible for heart attack or stroke while playing this game. Play at your own risk.
23.04.2018 20:06 StarkRavingSage is offline Send an Email to StarkRavingSage Search for Posts by StarkRavingSage Add StarkRavingSage to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 4
Rules with an Iron Pinky


images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009
Posts: 1,186

Thread Starter Thread Started by Sygor
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by StarkRavingSage
Maybe combine that with a radical change in territory starts. Have a flat plane for each team and a flat river in between. You never know where you might get hit.

Wormholes would be crucial to transport and managing the fighting space, but what if we banned them?

These ideas may induce stress. Neither I nor CS are responsible for heart attack or stroke while playing this game. Play at your own risk.


Took me a minute to understand the flat plane...But I got it. That would be different and may be a bit hard to navigate. I think we need to consider it.
23.04.2018 22:52 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Multiglow Player-Rank: 4
Hurries Production on Hotdog Stands


Registration Date: 02.02.2010
Posts: 696

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Having a river won't work with 8 rows.

So, how about we take rows 0-3 and you take 4-7 with no colonization in enemy territory and no conquering of planets until turn 160.

We can attack anything, bio bomb anything, just not actually conquer a planet.

As for CS costs, up it if you want to.

As we are apparently Dragons this time, we will be Red.
23.04.2018 22:55 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 4
Rules with an Iron Pinky


images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009
Posts: 1,186

Thread Starter Thread Started by Sygor
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by StarkRavingSage
I'm the 4th in, as of now.

I'm good to go however we want to proceed.

Please clearly state the preset territory and river in full x/y/z notation. One team captain should propose, the other should confirm, repeating the full coordinates of the bounds of all territory.


Here's a suggestion:
May I suggest setting that higher colony ship modifier and not restricting fighting at all?

Set a river for no colonization in the first ~150 turns. Only colony ships to systems on your team's side of the river. That would leave an uninhabited buffer in between sides.

That would allow us to fight early, but not have to race for the planets in our territory, yeah?

In the case of conquering a planet with 0 population (bio-bombs or conversion to stationed military), permit colony ships to cross the river only for populating conquered planets.

Colony ships are fair military targets at any time in any place.

This would increase the viability for a stealth and/or light ship fighting strategy. It would make the game tense from the beginning. I think it's a great change of pace for a TG.


We need to start working on the rules.

I will increase the Colony ship multiplier to 400 (will kick in after the reshuffle)
I will increase Home world pop to 35 (will kick in after the reshuffle)

No Colonization in "The Territory" (River) until turn 100.
No Colonization or Conquering planets in Enemy Territory until turn 200
Fighters can go anywhere and engage any ships from the start of the game
Bio Bombs and normal bombing of Enemy Worlds is allowed from the start

For now; It's a big river
Blue Team 0/x/y - 2/x/y
River 3/x/y - 4/x/y
Red Team 5/x/y - 7/x/y

We have time to work on the rules.
23.04.2018 23:31 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
War Lord Player-Rank: 3
Builds Destroyers without Bathroom


Registration Date: 19.10.2014
Posts: 183

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

rule 1

you send a lot of unarmed ships into my territory for my crews to get in some much needed target practice

that is a good rule
Yesterday, 00:49 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 4
Rules with an Iron Pinky


images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009
Posts: 1,186

Thread Starter Thread Started by Sygor
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by War Lord
rule 1

you send a lot of unarmed ships into my territory for my crews to get in some much needed target practice

that is a good rule


We can do that Shocked

Serious...A Team Galaxy is a good format to learn about the game. If you think you are interested, please join.

Right now the teams are looking like

Sygor
StarkRavingSage

Vs

War Lord
Multiglow


All Current players have played a few games, and are willing to help any newer player
Yesterday, 01:51 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Multiglow Player-Rank: 4
Hurries Production on Hotdog Stands


Registration Date: 02.02.2010
Posts: 696

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Sygor
quote:
Originally posted by StarkRavingSage
I'm the 4th in, as of now.

I'm good to go however we want to proceed.

Please clearly state the preset territory and river in full x/y/z notation. One team captain should propose, the other should confirm, repeating the full coordinates of the bounds of all territory.


Here's a suggestion:
May I suggest setting that higher colony ship modifier and not restricting fighting at all?

Set a river for no colonization in the first ~150 turns. Only colony ships to systems on your team's side of the river. That would leave an uninhabited buffer in between sides.

That would allow us to fight early, but not have to race for the planets in our territory, yeah?

In the case of conquering a planet with 0 population (bio-bombs or conversion to stationed military), permit colony ships to cross the river only for populating conquered planets.

Colony ships are fair military targets at any time in any place.

This would increase the viability for a stealth and/or light ship fighting strategy. It would make the game tense from the beginning. I think it's a great change of pace for a TG.


We need to start working on the rules.

I will increase the Colony ship multiplier to 400 (will kick in after the reshuffle)
I will increase Home world pop to 35 (will kick in after the reshuffle)

No Colonization in "The Territory" (River) until turn 100.
No Colonization or Conquering planets in Enemy Territory until turn 200
Fighters can go anywhere and engage any ships from the start of the game
Bio Bombs and normal bombing of Enemy Worlds is allowed from the start

For now; It's a big river
Blue Team 0/x/y - 2/x/y
River 3/x/y - 4/x/y
Red Team 5/x/y - 7/x/y

We have time to work on the rules.


We are totally happy with the rules and set-up changes as suggested in your post.

I will PM Erwin about setting Red team up in 5-7.
Yesterday, 03:10 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
StarkRavingSage Player-Rank: 2 StarkRavingSage is a male
Invades without Troop Ships


images/avatars/avatar-1216.jpg

Registration Date: 06.09.2010
Posts: 234

Big Grin Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm excited. I hadn't even thought of bio-bombs early.

Will it be a normal corruption multiplier?
Yesterday, 15:48 StarkRavingSage is offline Send an Email to StarkRavingSage Search for Posts by StarkRavingSage Add StarkRavingSage to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 4
Rules with an Iron Pinky


images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009
Posts: 1,186

Thread Starter Thread Started by Sygor
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by StarkRavingSage
I'm excited. I hadn't even thought of bio-bombs early.

Will it be a normal corruption multiplier?


Corruption Multiplier is 1. Do we think we need to change it?
Yesterday, 17:24 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
War Lord Player-Rank: 3
Builds Destroyers without Bathroom


Registration Date: 19.10.2014
Posts: 183

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Sygor
quote:
Originally posted by StarkRavingSage
I'm excited. I hadn't even thought of bio-bombs early.

Will it be a normal corruption multiplier?


Corruption Multiplier is 1. Do we think we need to change it?


0.5 is good with a lot of planets and bio bombs

0.1 is better
Yesterday, 19:28 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 4
Rules with an Iron Pinky


images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009
Posts: 1,186

Thread Starter Thread Started by Sygor
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think we will leave it at 1 for now..I want Bios to be an option, but not the main bomb of choice.

Anyway was looking at the CS multiplier, right now it is 400 and everyone is starting with 30 Colony ships.

31st Standard nuclear drive shuttle Cs will cost 12835
31st Corvette/Grav drive CS will cost 17350

I'm wondering if we should raise the multiplier even more. Make them even a higher price commodity and worth the effort to hunt down and destroy.

And again plenty of time for more players to join, all ranks are welcomed.

You can join here Weird 5 Team Galaxy

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sygor: Yesterday, 21:49.

Yesterday, 20:54 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Multiglow Player-Rank: 4
Hurries Production on Hotdog Stands


Registration Date: 02.02.2010
Posts: 696

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Sygor
I think we will leave it at 1 for now..I want Bios to be an option, but not the main bomb of choice.

Anyway was looking at the CS multiplier, right now it is 400 and everyone is starting with 30 Colony ships.

31st Standard nuclear drive shuttle Cs will cost 12835
31st Corvette/Grav drive CS will cost 17350

I'm wondering if we should raise the multiplier even more. Make them even a higher price commodity and worth the effort to hunt down and destroy.

And again plenty of time for more players to join, all ranks are welcomed.

You can join here Weird 5 Team Galaxy


Take the CS multiplier up to 1,000.........make them really nice worthwhile targets.
Today, 00:37 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 4
Rules with an Iron Pinky


images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009
Posts: 1,186

Thread Starter Thread Started by Sygor
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That is madness!!

OK, colony Ship multiplier is now at 1000, plus I increased starting Colony ships to 40 (should see after the reshuffle)

41st Standard nuclear drive shuttle CS will cost 40835
41st Corvette/Grav drive CS will cost 45350

With the planet settings and the colony ship settings, this is turning into a galaxy where Team work will be paramount. It should also prompt early fighter development.

All are Welcomed to join the madness..
Today, 01:22 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
War Lord Player-Rank: 3
Builds Destroyers without Bathroom


Registration Date: 19.10.2014
Posts: 183

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

at those prices i am going to insist that all of my colony ships are crafted fron solid diamond crystals
big fighter fleets are going to be popular.
Today, 02:45 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List
Multiglow Player-Rank: 4
Hurries Production on Hotdog Stands


Registration Date: 02.02.2010
Posts: 696

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This is shaping up to be unlike any other galaxy we have played.

At the new cost of CS's, we are going to be better off building colony Frigates for the extra crew.

Fighters are going to be the key in the early and mid stages of the game I think.

Whatever this turns out to be, it sure a heck won't be boring.

GL everyone.
Today, 03:15 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Weird Galaxy 5 (Team Galaxy)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH