Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Newbie FAQ » Battle Calculator » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Battle Calculator
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
War_Cross Player-Rank: 3 War_Cross is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1326.jpg

Registration Date: 20.06.2014

Battle Calculator Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Does the battle calculator consider rank ?
30.04.2018 17:24 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
chrisadamley Player-Rank: 3
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

images/avatars/avatar-384.gif

Registration Date: 18.01.2007

RE: Battle Calculator Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

yes, you can set it as well.

30.04.2018 18:29 chrisadamley is offline Send an Email to chrisadamley Search for Posts by chrisadamley Add chrisadamley to your Buddy List
StarkRavingSage Player-Rank: 2 StarkRavingSage is a male
Invades without Troop Ships

images/avatars/avatar-1216.jpg

Registration Date: 06.09.2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I never knew you could set rank. That's an important feature.
30.04.2018 18:45 StarkRavingSage is offline Send an Email to StarkRavingSage Search for Posts by StarkRavingSage Add StarkRavingSage to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Thread Starter Thread Started by War_Cross
rank Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That's cool. I didn't know you could set rank. Will make the calculation a little closer. Always learning something new.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by War_Cross: 30.04.2018 20:30.

30.04.2018 20:29 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 4
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

RE: rank Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

From the manual

Please note however that you can’t completely rely on the battle results when simulating a battle with a scanned object. The reason for that is that one scanned object (for instance a fleet consisting of dozens of ships) is treated as one entity. So while in a real battle the individual ships of a fleet would get destroyed one by one, the simulated battle treats and destroys the entire fleet as a whole. So in theory a scanned fleet survives longer in the Battle Calculator than in a real battle. But again, you can not rely on that always being the case!
30.04.2018 22:23 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
W_C_admin. Player-Rank: 1
Wonders where that new Farmer came from

images/avatars/avatar-1318.jpg

Registration Date: 29.03.2018

RE: rank Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm not sure that's entirely true. I have scanned a fleet and dragged it to the battle calc. and there is a + button you can click to see the ships in the fleet. And if the simulated battle takes more then 1 click you can see the ships drop off.
I think the crew rank however is averaged for the fleet, and individual ships don't receive the fire power gain of it's individual crew ranks. For instance if a fleet has 3 bombers at rank 6, and 3 fighters at rank 4, the fire power of each group is 5 and not 4 or 6 ranked boost.
30.04.2018 23:27 W_C_admin. is offline Send an Email to W_C_admin. Search for Posts by W_C_admin. Add W_C_admin. to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Smile I noticed that in the battle calculator the crew rank of each ship each ship in a fleet shows up. I wonder if after scanning an enemy fleet and dragging it into the calc. if the individual rank shows up on them also ?
01.05.2018 15:39 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

quote:
Originally posted by W_C_admin.
I'm not sure that's entirely true. I have scanned a fleet and dragged it to the battle calc. and there is a + button you can click to see the ships in the fleet. And if the simulated battle takes more then 1 click you can see the ships drop off.
I think the crew rank however is averaged for the fleet, and individual ships don't receive the fire power gain of it's individual crew ranks. For instance if a fleet has 3 bombers at rank 6, and 3 fighters at rank 4, the fire power of each group is 5 and not 4 or 6 ranked boost.

I quoted the manual and I had a look in a replay. A Mil scanned fleet dragged into the Battle Calc will appear as one entity, you can not see individual ships of a mil scanned fleet.

To answer your question, you can not change the rank of a mil scanned fleet dragged into the Battle Calc.
01.05.2018 20:11 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
chrisadamley Player-Rank: 3
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

images/avatars/avatar-384.gif

Registration Date: 18.01.2007

quote:
Originally posted by War_Cross
Smile I noticed that in the battle calculator the crew rank of each ship each ship in a fleet shows up. I wonder if after scanning an enemy fleet and dragging it into the calc. if the individual rank shows up on them also ?

Are you responding to yourself on multiple accounts?

01.05.2018 20:12 chrisadamley is offline Send an Email to chrisadamley Search for Posts by chrisadamley Add chrisadamley to your Buddy List
W_C_admin. Player-Rank: 1
Wonders where that new Farmer came from

images/avatars/avatar-1318.jpg

Registration Date: 29.03.2018

Sygor Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

mil scanned fleet ? What does mil stand for ?
01.05.2018 21:14 W_C_admin. is offline Send an Email to W_C_admin. Search for Posts by W_C_admin. Add W_C_admin. to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

RE: Sygor Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Mil scan = Military Scan

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sygor: 01.05.2018 22:02.

01.05.2018 22:01 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

RE: Sygor Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have not scanned an enemy fleet this game yet. However if I drag one of my fleets into the calculator I can change the rank of each ship in my fleet.
02.05.2018 00:20 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Yea your right. You can't see the crew rank of scanned enemy ships/fleets. That makes perfect sense.
02.05.2018 14:30 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Battle Calculator question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

In fleet battle HFP attacks big ships first and LFP attacks small ships first ? Is this actually the case ? Or do the different weapon categories attack both types of ships in a fleet equally but simply do less damage to the type they are not designed for ?
Also does the battle calculator consider the type of fire power? Because it seems the smaller ships seem to die first regardless of the enemy fire power type.
04.05.2018 13:10 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Newbie FAQ » Battle Calculator

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH