Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Weird Galaxy 7 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Weird Galaxy 7
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
War Lord Player-Rank: 3
Builds Destroyers without Bathroom

Registration Date: 19.10.2014

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i am happy my planets make such good targets
i screwed this one up big time
18.06.2018 20:16 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 4
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Turn 408,
Meanwhile in system 521.

We have 521-5, A planet that has been under quarantine (Blockage) for the past 150-200 turns. The Quarantine was setup to stop 4800 (Rank 6) troops from, you know having a BBQ.

This Quarantine may fail soon if a certain player has it in him to declare war. We the Alliance of "Truth Justice and Crom's way",believe he does have it within.
18.06.2018 22:29 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Multiglow Player-Rank: 4
Hurries Production on Hotdog Stands

Registration Date: 02.02.2010

Thread Starter Thread Started by Multiglow

What a disorganized mess.

I totally screwed up my playing this time around.

Oh well, better luck next time.
19.06.2018 18:35 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Turn 450
The Leader of the 6th Tribe is confused and perplexed about the Brutal attacks

19.06.2018 21:44 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

i would like to thank the sloth empire for providing me a bbq sauce processing planet
my troops are enjoying the former inhabitants lathered in tasty bbq sauce
20.06.2018 04:47 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List
StarkRavingSage Player-Rank: 2 StarkRavingSage is a male
Invades without Troop Ships

images/avatars/avatar-1216.jpg

Registration Date: 06.09.2010

It was a pretty good run. Thanks all for the fight.

The Oti, spirits of the grand empire, regret their rejection from this galaxy and look forward to proving themselves greater in the next.
20.06.2018 14:41 StarkRavingSage is offline Send an Email to StarkRavingSage Search for Posts by StarkRavingSage Add StarkRavingSage to your Buddy List

BTW: I liked this galaxy.

For the next galaxy, can I ask that we get even more extreme, but maybe more planets per system and fewer systems.

Same planet stats.
Larger sectors.
More expensive colony ships.
More starting colony ships.
More expensive research.

What do you say?
20.06.2018 18:43 StarkRavingSage is offline Send an Email to StarkRavingSage Search for Posts by StarkRavingSage Add StarkRavingSage to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by StarkRavingSage
BTW: I liked this galaxy.

For the next galaxy, can I ask that we get even more extreme, but maybe more planets per system and fewer systems.

Same planet stats.
Larger sectors.
More expensive colony ships.
More starting colony ships.
More expensive research.

What do you say?

very good idea
multi set it up please
20.06.2018 19:03 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Turn 385, the Sloth Intercept Command (SIC) is formed under Admiral 3.5 Toe "It's only a flesh wound" Rambo. 3rd cousin to Sgt 2.5 Toe "Hold my Beer Watch This" Rambo.

SIC's first order of business was to design, construct, and field 150, P-100 "Ant eater" Mk I Interceptors. The P-100 was/is a unique design. Based off a Frigate Hull with 1 Singularity drive, 1 Antimatter drive, and 1 Wormhole Infiltrator.

Equipped with a Subspace Scanner and a Mk IV data link and a speed of 138.5, it has full tactical view of the galaxy and can out run most if not all ships in the galaxy, but more importantly it can engage ships at will from great distances.

Next order of business was crew selection and training. After exhaustive psychological testing it was determined Sloths with 2 to 3.5 toes (with 2.5 toes being perfect) to be ideally suited to pilot the P-100. They are semi intelligent, they have quick responses for a Sloth, but most important they are bat shit insane and like to blow stuff up.

Because there would be no time to confirm attack orders, the crews had to operate independently of SIC HQ. So each P-100 was assigned 1 of 8 possible General orders to follow...The only time SIC HQ would interfere with turn-to-turn operation was when analysts detected a high value target that was out of General order protocol.

Turn 388, the first two P-100s arrive on station and begin combat operations with 2 kills.

By turn 470 over 700 Corvettes or Frigs of the Otimornia Empire and 112 Destroyers of Aces Up where sent to meet Crom. Make no mistake in thinking Slothdom didn't take some casualties, of the 150 P-100 "Ant eater" Mk I Interceptors constructed, 57 are presumed lost.
20.06.2018 19:10 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

On turn 365/366 I sent Aces Up and Otimornia an in game message, Just wondering if you received it. It could of changed the out come of the game.
20.06.2018 19:15 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by Sygor
On turn 365/366 I sent Aces Up and Otimornia an in game message, Just wondering if you received it. It could of changed the out come of the game.

no i missed that message and i just looked for it
yes it would have totally changed the game
oh well next time
lol
20.06.2018 19:44 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

I told Gotham about it after I waited 20 turns and didn't receive any reply. I think he was wondering if I was going to renew the Alliance treaty. The SIC mentioned above was originally meet for him.
20.06.2018 19:59 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

I just set up WG 8

Go take a look at the settings.

Research can only be 5,000 max and sector size can only be 500 max.
20.06.2018 20:08 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List

I can't play this weekend. Could we push it to Monday or next weekend?

Maybe also 2hr turns or 1.5 hr turns?

I didn't see the message. Too many battle reports.
20.06.2018 21:29 StarkRavingSage is offline Send an Email to StarkRavingSage Search for Posts by StarkRavingSage Add StarkRavingSage to your Buddy List

quote:
I can't play this weekend. Could we push it to Monday or next weekend?

Maybe also 2hr turns or 1.5 hr turns?

I didn't see the message. Too many battle reports.

Monday start and 90 min turns is fine with me.

Also been thinking about the number of starting colony ships.

If I cut those down to say 20, it would be a much greater challenge given the high cost of them.

What does everyone else think?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Multiglow: 20.06.2018 22:18.

20.06.2018 22:16 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

How about we get a new thread to start talking about this one.
20.06.2018 22:26 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by Sygor
How about we get a new thread to start talking about this one.

DONE
20.06.2018 22:41 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

quote:
I want everyone to take a minute at the end of this galaxy and view the replay at turn 282.

That was a big loss. But then it looked like you where really pushing your luck for the past 20-30 turns.
21.06.2018 20:48 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

Yeah, I was barely checking in for a while, wasn't ready for fleet building on the mining or banking ends of things. I knew performance wouldn't be optimal, but with a lot of mature planets, my governors can keep me from going negative.

I grabbed stronghold, increasing planet space and max pop. All of a sudden growth kicks in for all my planets and they prefer to grow than use stopgap measures to maintain income at survivable levels.

BOOM! 10k troops, average rank 4.7, all gone.
21.06.2018 21:19 StarkRavingSage is offline Send an Email to StarkRavingSage Search for Posts by StarkRavingSage Add StarkRavingSage to your Buddy List
chrisadamley Player-Rank: 3
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

images/avatars/avatar-384.gif

Registration Date: 18.01.2007

quote:
Yeah, I was barely checking in for a while, wasn't ready for fleet building on the mining or banking ends of things. I knew performance wouldn't be optimal, but with a lot of mature planets, my governors can keep me from going negative.

I grabbed stronghold, increasing planet space and max pop. All of a sudden growth kicks in for all my planets and they prefer to grow than use stopgap measures to maintain income at survivable levels.

BOOM! 10k troops, average rank 4.7, all gone.

10k military gone.... Shocked lol thats pretty terrible. We suspected something like that happened. Thats pretty much you instantly lose if you lose that many troops.

I would try in the future to not run that close on funds. Having a little bit of banking on each planet actually isn't very efficient. Just dedicate a few planets to banking early and you will have alot less problems i think.

21.06.2018 22:25 chrisadamley is offline Send an Email to chrisadamley Search for Posts by chrisadamley Add chrisadamley to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Weird Galaxy 7

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH