Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Bug Reports » Not a Bug » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Not a Bug
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
War_Cross Player-Rank: 3 War_Cross is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1326.jpg

Registration Date: 20.06.2014

Not a Bug Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Not sure what the problem might be but I thought I should mention it, in case anyone else has had this problem. It's not a user mistake because it has happened a bunch of times so I always double check important actions.
I right click to move or attack a fleet (and double check) but when the turn happens my fleet didn't obey my orders. Anyone else experienced this ? The move fails most often when it's only a couple minutes away from a tic but has happened other times.
29.06.2018 01:29 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
chrisadamley Player-Rank: 3
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

images/avatars/avatar-384.gif

Registration Date: 18.01.2007

RE: Not a Bug Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I dont think this has happened to me. I sometimes wait until the last 5 seconds to give the command.

What can happen though, and has happened to me is you can unknowingly be "disconnected" which will flash red at the bottom of your client. I have missed this before and not realized i was disconnected for awhile. Maybe this is it? Maybe its something else idk.

29.06.2018 04:54 chrisadamley is offline Send an Email to chrisadamley Search for Posts by chrisadamley Add chrisadamley to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Thread Starter Thread Started by War_Cross
RE: Not a Bug Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yea ... I have been disconnected like that also. But in the cases I mentioned, I didn't have the flashing disconnected light.
29.06.2018 15:10 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 4
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

quote:
Originally posted by War_Cross
Not sure what the problem might be but I thought I should mention it, in case anyone else has had this problem. It's not a user mistake because it has happened a bunch of times so I always double check important actions.
I right click to move or attack a fleet (and double check) but when the turn happens my fleet didn't obey my orders. Anyone else experienced this ? The move fails most often when it's only a couple minutes away from a tic but has happened other times.

How do you double check important actions? Or, how do you verify the command was given and accepted by the ships?
29.06.2018 15:38 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Probably the best way to double check would be to look in the ships list to see if the move registered. I'm sure it's human error but I must take a better look with important moves.
Something else I saw while testing the what ship moves first test. when both the ships were on the same planet, and I gave 1 the move order, both ships moved. It happened 5 or 6 times.
30.06.2018 01:08 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List

quote:
I gave 1 the move order, both ships moved. It happened 5 or 6 times.

pretty sure i have not experienced this, i have given tons of ships orders to move from planets.

Are you sure you are not selecting both ships? You only select one ship with the check mark, and tell it to move?

30.06.2018 08:41 chrisadamley is offline Send an Email to chrisadamley Search for Posts by chrisadamley Add chrisadamley to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

yep
30.06.2018 13:01 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 4
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

Are you sure your not double clicking. If you double click one ship/fleet, it will select all ships/fleets at that location.
30.06.2018 20:46 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

No ... I right click on a ship/fleet and select a task.
30.06.2018 22:25 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List

quote:
No ... I right click on a ship/fleet and select a task.

Guess its a bug that only happens to you. My guess is user error or misunderstanding of how the controls work.

Can you recreate it every time? or was this a one time incident?

02.07.2018 08:54 chrisadamley is offline Send an Email to chrisadamley Search for Posts by chrisadamley Add chrisadamley to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

I figured out what my mistake was. When I was doing the test to see which ship would move first to intercept the other ship, I never cleared the intercept orders before I ran the test again. So when I tried to move just one ship ... both ships would move. I Roll Eyes
02.07.2018 18:04 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Bug Reports » Not a Bug

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH