Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Weird Galaxy 8 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Weird Galaxy 8
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
StarkRavingSage Player-Rank: 2 StarkRavingSage is a male
Invades without Troop Ships

images/avatars/avatar-1216.jpg

Registration Date: 06.09.2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Bio-bombing, not even once.

Seriously folks, this is my undoing, even more than the others joining forces against me. I bio-bombed Sygor enough to only wipe out 2/3rds of his troops at ONE HE transmitter planet. I faced 86%+ loyalty penalties from planets I took from him. The penalties are still almost 50%. Add that to the fact that I jumped from 31% corruption to 42% corruption and I don't think I'll ever bio-bomb anything in the late game ever again. It's just not worth it for an ongoing campaign. It would've been easier to just bide my time and build fleet to overcome HE boosted planets with max PD research...
12.07.2018 15:09 StarkRavingSage is offline Send an Email to StarkRavingSage Search for Posts by StarkRavingSage Add StarkRavingSage to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 4
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I cried, knowing I lost my primary Transmitter world with 30 Transmitters. Laughed when I figured out your Corruption would be at 42.4%

But you did knock out 23 Transmitters. Only took 180 Bio Bombs. On 412-5 I had over 4100 troops and you wiped out 2300 or about 56%

12.07.2018 17:06 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Multiglow Player-Rank: 4
Assigns Gov Schwarzenegger to all Planets

Registration Date: 02.02.2010

Thread Starter Thread Started by Multiglow

So when we play the next WG, you lot want the rep set to 0.01 so you can all use lots of BB's without a penalty.

LMAO
12.07.2018 17:31 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List

You know, let's look at the effects.

It's currently 56 turns after the second of two bio-bombing runs killing 43 citizens, 2302 stationed military, and rendering 660 planetary space uninhabitable.
Looks like that was two runs of 66 bio-bombs each, or 132. It had 945 Total space prior to the bombing runs.

The planet I bio-bombed had max pop of 94. Now it has max pop of 31. It has 318 space now, so it has reclaimed 33 space over 56 turns.

I have a 43% loyalty penalty on all planets I took from Sygor, whether conquered before the bio-bombing or after. I don't remember an exact number, but the loyalty penalty was maybe 86% early on.

I don't think reducing the corruption multiplier will affect that loyalty penalty. It's still a pretty strong deterrent IMO to using bio-bombs on a large planet in a protracted campaign. The planets you conquer are useless.
12.07.2018 19:22 StarkRavingSage is offline Send an Email to StarkRavingSage Search for Posts by StarkRavingSage Add StarkRavingSage to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Was just thinking with the end turn set at turn 650, we will have played for ~18 days, if this was a 6 hour/turn galaxy it would of taken us 162 days or 5.5 Months to complete.

Plus there is some satisfaction when you come up with an idea or attack plan and see some sort of result in a day or after a batch vs waiting 10 days.

I know this type of turn structure isn't for everyone, but I will tell you it is fun and it keeps you interested in what is going on.

So with all that said, give the Weird TEST Galaxy a try. It should be a low threat environment, perfect for working on Governors and Admirals.
12.07.2018 22:35 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

Stop tempting me. I've devoted too much headspace to this galaxy, I can't do another like it so soon. I'm moving in 9 days. I need to finish packing and meet some big deadlines at work.
12.07.2018 22:41 StarkRavingSage is offline Send an Email to StarkRavingSage Search for Posts by StarkRavingSage Add StarkRavingSage to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

It's over. Good game everyone.

Slothdom's Fleet at the end

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sygor: 13.07.2018 21:12.

13.07.2018 21:07 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Weird Galaxy 8

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH