Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Weird TEST Galaxy » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Weird TEST Galaxy
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Multiglow Player-Rank: 4
Assigns Gov Schwarzenegger to all Planets

Registration Date: 02.02.2010

Weird TEST Galaxy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I put a Weird TEST Galaxy up for anyone who wants to play around with it.

Basically the settings (with 5 differences) are the same as Weird Galaxy 8.

There are NO starting colony ships.

HQ population is only 10.

While it is prime time, you will be able to log on during the batches.

30 min turns after batches.

Game ends at turn 300.

War Lord suggested a galaxy with his set up, so this one is simply going to be a fun test of the settings.

While 300 turns is not long enough to build huge fleets, it will give us practice with Governors and admirals before we play the real one.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Multiglow: 09.07.2018 16:15.

09.07.2018 16:14 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
War Lord Player-Rank: 3
Invades without Troop Ships

Registration Date: 19.10.2014

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

thank you
will be fun testing this set up
09.07.2018 16:43 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List

Thread Starter Thread Started by Multiglow
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If you sign up for this please only purchase 500 metal to start otherwise it will really drive up the price for later arrivals.
10.07.2018 01:45 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List

ok got 500 metal
10.07.2018 14:59 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List

As of now we only have war Lord and I signed up in this test that is due to start on Saturday.

If no one else joins by tomorrow we are going to start it on Thursday.

I thing this format will be a logistical nightmare without any practice.
11.07.2018 03:10 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
StarkRavingSage Player-Rank: 2 StarkRavingSage is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1216.jpg

Registration Date: 06.09.2010

I'd join and practice, but I can't devote the time right now. :(
11.07.2018 16:41 StarkRavingSage is offline Send an Email to StarkRavingSage Search for Posts by StarkRavingSage Add StarkRavingSage to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by Multiglow
As of now we only have war Lord and I signed up in this test that is due to start on Saturday.

If no one else joins by tomorrow we are going to start it on Thursday.

I thing this format will be a logistical nightmare without any practice.

Multi leave the start on saturday please
not going to be here at all tomorrow
12.07.2018 16:27 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List

@ WL.

As it loos like it is only us two playing this, how about a "No attacks" rule until after turn 200?
13.07.2018 21:35 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 4
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

quote:
@ WL.

As it loos like it is only us two playing this, how about a "No attacks" rule until after turn 200?

Sorry guys, I need a break for awhile.

This is a good galaxy for anyone wanting to work on Governors and admirals. If you can log in during the prime time, you can monitor what i going on and make changes on the fly.
13.07.2018 22:24 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

if anyone else wants to join we will be having a non attack rule until turn 200 so do not waste time on defenses
14.07.2018 05:21 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List

@ WL

Got your email and OK I changed the settings for today.

We are doing 2 min turns for 2 hours.

That give us 60 turns.

This will be interesting.

GL.
14.07.2018 17:17 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List

Progress report...........turn 69.

What a zoo.

Sent my first two colony ships to the nearest system then built eight more for my home system.

Colonized the last in my home on turn 68.

This set up makes it REALLY slow at the start.

Will be curious to see if WL did similar or just concentrated on his home system.

Right now he is 1500 points ahead of me.
15.07.2018 02:12 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List

turn 74
i have some planets
i am researching something
i will pass your score soon
you are dead after turn 200
15.07.2018 04:32 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List

Progress report...........turn 104.

21 planets in 3 systems. All other planets in those systems will be colonized in 10 turns.

Will produce 16 Q Drive CS's this next batch on my home system planets. They are all under a scouting Admiral.

Research is a real pain. Gong to be slow for quite a while.
15.07.2018 19:48 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List

Progress report...........turn 172.

WL's scout found me on turn 162 and he offered to share the GM.

He must be miles ahead of me in research as I have 45 planets and he only had 24 on turn 162.

I am curious to watch his replay at the end of this.

Current score has him leading 445K to 336K

If we play these exact same settings, it will be an interesting challenge.
16.07.2018 01:55 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 4
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

quote:

He must be miles ahead of me in research as I have 45 planets and he only had 24 on turn 162.

Don't share the galaxy map with him....Trust me, I have days of experience and have confirmed this with my magic 8 ball.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sygor: 16.07.2018 04:09.

16.07.2018 04:08 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by Sygor
quote:

Don't share the galaxy map with him....Trust me, I have days of experience and have confirmed this with my magic 8 ball.

the warning is to late
i know where he is and this will be fun
i looked at the scores this morning and wondered how i got so far ahead overnight
16.07.2018 16:43 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List

well that was fun
multi sygor was right giving me your planets location was not a good ide
i bulit about 300k of bombing firepower and killed your turrets easily
learned a lot with this test
the real game is going to be a lot more fun
16.07.2018 22:04 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List

To put it succinctly, I got slaughtered.

I made 2 small and 1 large mistake and WL kicked my butt.

My biggest mistake was thinking he was still colonizing at turn 200.

Well he was, sort of..............he decided to colonize my planets.

I am going to go through all of his moves in the replay and work out how he got so far ahead of me.

This will be a very challenging galaxy with these exact same settings and if you screw up your governors, you are dead.
17.07.2018 21:24 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List

multi i was bored so i played on into the havoc period
i now have 208 planets
you now have no planets
i think i win

when are we playing the real version of this
18.07.2018 22:31 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Weird TEST Galaxy

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH