Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Game Mechanics » planet worth » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page planet worth
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
War_Cross Player-Rank: 3 War_Cross is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1326.jpg

Registration Date: 20.06.2014

planet worth Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Someone mentioned that conquering planets should have a higher score point reward. I agree. Also I think ship value is much to high.
It seems as though when you conquer a planet you get about 800 points. But if you bomb it destroying turrets and facilities you get much more. So having no PD but instead having a lot of stationed military seems gives the attacker less options and less score points.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by War_Cross: 15.07.2018 14:43.

15.07.2018 13:26 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 4
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

RE: planet worth Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Conquering a planet is worth 1000 base points. Then depending on the score ratio between the 2 players, the actually score rewarded will be slightly more or less depending on who was doing the Conquering. In the 6 hr tic battle galaxy 2...Turn 308

Keen........... 6086925 score
War_Cross.....4636322
Naveron........1552327

If War_Cross Conquerors a Keen planet. War Cross will receive 820 points
If Keen Conquerors a War_Cross planet. Keen will receive 476 points

The Break even is set at 20% in the above example (what it is in the game)

If the Break even was at 50%

War_Cross would receive 1312 Points
Keen would receive 761 Points.

Now lets look at what would with Keen and Naveron
at 20% Break Even
Keen would get a score of 159
Naveron would get a score of 2400

at 50% Break Even
Keen would get a score of 255
Naveron would get a score of 3921

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sygor: 15.07.2018 18:14.

15.07.2018 17:17 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If A planet has PD, the Conqueror or destroyer of the PD will receive more score. For Scoring, PD is treated like ships. So a 3/3/3 PD will have a Base points of 18000

Using the same example as before

20% Break Even
Keen Vs War_Cross
If Keen Won, 8568
If War_Cross Won, 14769

50% Break Even
If Keen Won, 13710
If War_Cross Won, 23631

Keen Vs Naveron
20% Break Even
If Keen Won, 2894
If Naveron Won, 44113

50%
Keen Would get 4590
Naveron would get 70580

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Sygor: 15.07.2018 18:17.

15.07.2018 17:48 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Thread Starter Thread Started by War_Cross
RE: planet worth Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think your math must be off some what. here is the score points I got on the last 4 planets I conquered from Keen.
Turn 308 - 828 points
Turn 306 - 837 points
Turn 304 - 847 points
Turn 297 - 848 points
15.07.2018 17:48 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

quote:
Originally posted by War_Cross
I think your math must be off some what. here is the score points I got on the last 4 planets I conquered from Keen.
Turn 308 - 828 points
Turn 306 - 837 points
Turn 304 - 847 points
Turn 297 - 848 points

Yep, had a mistake. Correct figures are shown now. ~820 points for you on your next Conquer. That is if the scores stay the same, which they won't
15.07.2018 18:21 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

of course I've made this point before but because a player mentioned it I thought I'd bring it up again.
Ships have way to much value and planets have to little value. Score gained for producing ships should be lowered by 50% and planet value should be increased X 10. This would increase ship battles and increase offense in general.
15.07.2018 18:37 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

quote:
of course I've made this point before but because a player mentioned it I thought I'd bring it up again.
Ships have way to much value and planets have to little value. Score gained for producing ships should be lowered by 50% and planet value should be increased X 10. This would increase ship battles and increase offense in general.

How will it increase ship battles? The guy with the biggest fleet is still going to have the biggest fleet (and highest score) The guy with the smallest fleet is still going have the smallest fleet and lowest score.

Seems the only way for the small fleet guy to put a dent in the big fleet guy is by taking his planets. If the small fleet guy has scanned enough he should have a good idea where the Big fleet guys high value planets are. Taking certain planets (once was Exo Planets), and holding them or dismantling them can cripple the big fleet guy.

Changing the scoring will not change someones willingness to fight.
15.07.2018 19:46 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

If the ships have less value then the risk of loosing your fleet is smaller. If it wouldn't cost you most of your score to loose your smaller fleet, then you might risk it to conquer planets rather then turtle on a planet with lots of command centers. I would like to see a slider in the galaxy setup that will very the score value between ships and planet conquest so we can run test galaxies. the slider looks like this. ...
Ships --------_------------------- Planets : ships 33% : Planets 66%
15.07.2018 20:09 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

quote:
If the ships have less value then the risk of loosing your fleet is smaller. If it wouldn't cost you most of your score to loose your smaller fleet, then you might risk it to conquer planets rather then turtle on a planet with lots of command centers. I would like to see a slider in the galaxy setup that will very the score value between ships and planet conquest so we can run test galaxies. the slider looks like this. ...
Ships --------_------------------- Planets : ships 33% : Planets 66%

The Risk of loosing your fleet is the same, regardless of score....You lost your fleet and now the player you lost it to has a big advantage.

If someone is turtling on a planet with lots of Command centers, then he isn't out protecting the rest of his planets and they will be easy picking. Plus there is nothing wrong with turtling, if that is what a player wants to do.

And I'm not going to risk my whole fleet to take a planet. I will know if I can take that planet or not. If I can't take the planet with what I consider acceptable ship loss or damage then I will move on until I find one I can take. Of course acceptable ship loss or damage will depend on how much I value that planet.
15.07.2018 21:02 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

I agree that losing your fleet in battle puts you at a disadvantage. But worse then that is loosing 75% of your score. It would be nice to only loose 25% of your score.
Other things to take into account are ...
Planet size : Large planets can support PD and ship building. With small planets you must choose which.
Tech-mod : How quickly can you get big bombs.
15.07.2018 21:29 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

So alright ... let's get back to planet conquest score. I think that when you blow up facilities you get score points for it. But if you conquer the planet without destroying facilities, you get less score. I'm not sure about this. maybe someone can explain in detail.
25.07.2018 00:36 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

quote:
So alright ... let's get back to planet conquest score. I think that when you blow up facilities you get score points for it. But if you conquer the planet without destroying facilities, you get less score. I'm not sure about this. maybe someone can explain in detail.

You do not get points for blowing up facilities such as factories or farms. You only get points for destroying PD. The destruction of Non-PD facilities (factory, farm) is Collateral damage and has no bearing on the score you receive for the destruction of PD facilities.
26.07.2018 20:44 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

So you get no points for destroying facilities only PD. Does the defender loose points for destroyed facilities even before his planet is captured ?
26.07.2018 22:03 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

quote:
So you get no points for destroying facilities only PD. Does the defender loose points for destroyed facilities even before his planet is captured ?

I don't think so. Anyway, why the interest.
29.07.2018 03:16 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Smile Just trying to learn more about the game.
29.07.2018 03:29 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Game Mechanics » planet worth

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH