Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Off Topic » Other good strategy games? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Other good strategy games?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
War_Cross Player-Rank: 3 War_Cross is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1326.jpg

Registration Date: 20.06.2014

RE: Mobile Device Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks Stark. As I said I am ignorant about mobile devises. Lap-tops have windows right ? So why not make a hand-held lap top with a built in cell-phone ? Just saying Confused
17.08.2018 15:46 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 4
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

RE: Chris Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by War_Cross
Hahaha ! LOL You are a perpetual complainer. If you check under the report button you will see that advertisement is one of the criteria to be reported. I did not report it but due to our low volume of active players at this time I thought it I would mention it.

StarSurfer and I have a good rapport and I'm sure he took my comment as a lighthearted opinion and not a scolding.

Haven't seen you around for awhile and your first comment is designed to stir up trouble. The post was moving toward a conversation about operating systems. Why not comment on that and keep your negative attitude toward me to yourself ?

This Thread is 6 pages long, with post from multiple players about "Other good strategy games?" I find nothing wrong with this.

The first post was in 2010, so if this Topic was taboo in some way, I'm sure Erwin would of shut it down long ago.

Many time what you consider a lighthearted reply boarders on the side of being rude or condescending.
17.08.2018 16:54 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

RE: Chris Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Every comment out of chrisadamley's mouth is condescending but I seldom hear you make any comments about him.
17.08.2018 17:05 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
StarSurfer Player-Rank: 2 StarSurfer is a male
Invades without Troop Ships

images/avatars/avatar-744.gif

Registration Date: 13.10.2009

RE: Turn based game strategy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by War_Cross
Thanks for showing up at my invitation. However advertising other games is not what we need right now. Instead, how about telling some of your friends to join CS. Thanks

When I first saw this I found it on the rude side because this thread is dedicated to talking about other games. This is why I sent you a pm to find out if something has happened that I was unaware of. By your pm response I realized maybe it was not intended to be rude.

I guess having strong opinions can be a good thing, how they are conveyed can lead to confrentation, especially in writting.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by StarSurfer: 18.08.2018 09:07.

18.08.2018 09:06 StarSurfer is offline Send an Email to StarSurfer Search for Posts by StarSurfer Add StarSurfer to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

RE: Turn based game strategy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Roll Eyes I guess I should have explained my opinion more gently and I'm sorry for that. But the way I see it, promoting other games on this site is like pasting pictures of a big mac in a burger king, preaching from the Coran in a Christian church or putting a for sale sign on your ford focus and parking it in front of a honda dealer right in front of a honda fit.

Many people have tried CS and have floated away. Do you think they quit playing games all together ? NO ! They are playing other games ... some of which were advertised here.

How long do you think you could keep your job if you were promoting a competitor ?
Let's use a little common sense here. I don't think this subject should have been allowed in the first place.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by War_Cross: 18.08.2018 13:48.

18.08.2018 13:48 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
StarSurfer Player-Rank: 2 StarSurfer is a male
Invades without Troop Ships

images/avatars/avatar-744.gif

Registration Date: 13.10.2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I understand your point; however, we all play more that one game at a time. CS leaves room for you to be able to play an effective game of Cosmic Suprenacy and play another game on the side.
CS has a bit of a learning curve and some players are not willing to go through it. The community of players here in the forums actually was one of the things I loved. There is so much help and even fun topics here in the off topic thread that are enjoyable to participate in.

19.08.2018 16:46 StarSurfer is offline Send an Email to StarSurfer Search for Posts by StarSurfer Add StarSurfer to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Good Point Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Point well taken. Perhaps if we had 100 active players instead of 20 I wouldn't have been so quick to take the stance that I did.

I think we have more then 1 problem with participation. Although this subject has been discussed many times ... I think I'll open up a new thread to discuss this.
19.08.2018 17:25 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Pages (6): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Off Topic » Other good strategy games?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH