Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Suggestions » 6 hr Tic - Chat » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (7): « first ... « previous 5 6 [7] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 6 hr Tic - Chat
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Sygor Player-Rank: 4
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Or you could take a lesson from the Weird series of galaxies and start everyone with 30 colony ships and set the Colony-Module Multiplier really high.
17.08.2018 12:11 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
War_Cross Player-Rank: 3 War_Cross is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1326.jpg

Registration Date: 20.06.2014

Thread Starter Thread Started by War_Cross
Colonizing planets Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think building colony ships and fighting for the planets you need is an important part of the game. However your idea lends itself to some interesting side-bar conversations.

1 If you divide the number of planets by the number of players and set that number of colony ships, you could lower the number of turns needed to complete the game.

2 battles would start sooner

3 players who normally colonize more slowly would have a better chance of doing well.

I will consider this option
17.08.2018 15:39 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Multiglow Player-Rank: 4
Assigns Gov Schwarzenegger to all Planets

Registration Date: 02.02.2010

RE: Colonizing planets Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by War_Cross
I think building colony ships and fighting for the planets you need is an important part of the game. However your idea lends itself to some interesting side-bar conversations.

1 If you divide the number of planets by the number of players and set that number of colony ships, you could lower the number of turns needed to complete the game.

2 battles would start sooner

3 players who normally colonize more slowly would have a better chance of doing well.

I will consider this option

Here is what I would do with this set up......IF you assigned a high HQ planet population at the start.

Set my ship speed to as fact as possible.

Research Fusion Drive and Pulse Laser ASAP

Build a fighter each turn and send them to closest systems to ambush any colony ships that appear.

Send all of my colony ships to the closest systems and hope no one else is close to me.

Once I had killed any colony ships, I would then build a colony ship for each one my fighters kill and go colonize another planet.

Might be fun to try this out sometime.
17.08.2018 22:13 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

RE: Colonizing planets Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yea Multi ... that's kinda what I was thinking. Sending 4 colony ships to each system close to you and build fighters after that. I normally send only 1 colony ship to each system as a scout but it might be dangerous if they are to far away and you run into fighters.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by War_Cross: 19.08.2018 16:56.

18.08.2018 00:01 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

For the 2 players who joined the war-only battle galaxy 4 I say thank you. In case you are new to war-only galaxies here's how it plays ...

1 You are not allowed to conspire with another player to attack a 3rd or work together. You must win on your own accord for sportsmanship sake.

2 You are allowed to propose a verbal cease fire with other players.

The game starts with everyone locked into a war stance with every other player and cannot be changed.

The auto-attack feature is engaged to prevent combining fleets with other empire fleets. Any ship/fleet at the same point in space will automatically attack each other which includes planets.

HSE strength is set to 20% to discourage turtle and promote offensive behavior.

Good luck and have fun Smile
19.08.2018 17:15 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Smile This small galaxy has filled up making the median number of planets at 20.5 per player. This is going to be a scary galaxy because I have a feeling that a few experienced players of old have joined. I also think we may have 1 new player in the mix so I would ask that if you come across their home system that you don't wipe him out to quickly and give him a chance to learn and grow. Red Face Very scary ...
21.08.2018 14:45 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Espoir Player-Rank: 3
Wonders where that new Farmer came from

Registration Date: 01.06.2014

Too much time without playing, I cannot resist, 4 rounds late for this galaxy is something big, but I will do my best to survive. The trouble with this game, you enter 1 galaxy and you need to find an another one, hopefully the weird galaxy was here too, good game too all !
21.08.2018 16:32 Espoir is offline Send an Email to Espoir Search for Posts by Espoir Add Espoir to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

You made me happy be answering my invite. Good luck and have fun. Thanks
24.08.2018 01:59 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

I think the researching may take awhile.
25.08.2018 12:06 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

It's interesting how small differences in the number of planets per person and small changes in settings can make.
The last galaxy had tech-mod at 325 with 6 out of 7 players (so players had more planets) and it was quick and easy to research. This game with tech-mod at 400 and at max 7 players and researching is like pulling teeth.
31.08.2018 04:06 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
War Lord Player-Rank: 3
Invades without Troop Ships

Registration Date: 19.10.2014

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am busy researching BBQ sauce production and am missing a needed ingredient.
04.09.2018 18:48 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

BBQ Sauce Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sloth Blood, brown sugar, tomatoes, salt ?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by War_Cross: 05.09.2018 20:17.

04.09.2018 23:36 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List

RE: BBQ Sauce Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

It needs something to darken the color a little.

Some black blood I am thinking.

Wonder where I could find that.
07.09.2018 04:08 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 4
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

RE: BBQ Sauce Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by War Lord
quote:

It needs something to darken the color a little.

Some black blood I am thinking.

Wonder where I could find that.

Good luck finding any Sloth blood in this galaxy....Good luck trying to get any Black blood, only species you can get that from is "Black Jack." I'm pretty sure they will kick some ass if you try and BBQ them. LOL
07.09.2018 21:57 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

do not need sloth blood
war cross blood is working well
12.09.2018 03:54 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Blood Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The war_cross troops have no blood. We are an evolved plant life. Your sharp sticks will have no effect.
12.09.2018 15:33 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List

RE: Blood Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
The war_cross troops have no blood. We are an evolved plant life. Your sharp sticks will have no effect.

Now building weed whackers to take care of that issue
12.09.2018 16:44 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

RE: Blood Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Now I'm building crossbows.
14.09.2018 01:45 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Pages (7): « first ... « previous 5 6 [7] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Suggestions » 6 hr Tic - Chat

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH