Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Off Topic » Welcome New Players » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Welcome New Players
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
War_Cross Player-Rank: 3 War_Cross is a male
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-1328.jpg

Registration Date: 20.06.2014

Welcome New Players Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We welcome new players and ask experienced players to go easy on them. We all know this game takes time to learn. If new players would like too, they can name their HQ system as " New Player " and am asking other players to not attack your home system for the first 100 turns in order to allow you to build some defense.
15.09.2018 14:08 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 4

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

RE: Welcome New Players Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by War_Cross
We welcome new players and ask experienced players to go easy on them. We all know this game takes time to learn. If new players would like too, they can name their HQ system as " New Player " and am asking other players to not attack your home system for the first 100 turns in order to allow you to build some defense.

This is a off Topic Thread/forum. This is where we can discuss/talk about other interest outside the realm of Cosmic Supremacy. Let's keep it that way.
15.09.2018 22:20 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

Thread Starter Thread Started by War_Cross
RE: Welcome New Players Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Smile You sound like your buddy Chris. Welcoming new players IS off topic.
15.09.2018 23:18 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 4

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

quote:
Smile You sound like your buddy Chris. Welcoming new players IS off topic.

A off topic thread is about talking about other subjects that have no bearing on the game.

Music
Other Games
Gardening
Jokes
Pets
16.09.2018 00:26 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

What do you think is better for CS ...

(1) Advertising other strategy games that may draw people away from CS ?

(2) Welcome new players ?

Music
Other Games
Gardening
Jokes
Pets
Welcome new players
16.09.2018 02:05 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
NickVanran Player-Rank: 3 NickVanran is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-698.jpg

Registration Date: 21.06.2009

I agree with Sygor, Add the welcome to the newbie tab.

Nick

16.09.2018 14:17 NickVanran is offline Send an Email to NickVanran Search for Posts by NickVanran Add NickVanran to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of NickVanran: NickVanran YIM Account Name of NickVanran: Startraderus
Xeelee Player-Rank: 2
Scouts his own Systems

Registration Date: 26.06.2010

quote:

If I was a new player, I would be interested in learning the game. So I would look into "Newbie FAQ" for tutorials, basic guides and other information for new players and start reading there. Once that is covered I would proceed to read threads in "General" and "Game Mechanics". Tens of hours spent on reading forum posts later, if there's nothing else left and I am really bored, I might look into "Off Topic".

When I joined CS, relevant information was easy to find: Informations for new players in "Newbie FAQ", discussions of upcoming/ongoing galaxies in "General", in depth discussion of game mechanics in "Game Mechanics", ... and "Off Topic" was really just for when I was bored.

Novadays the forum is just a mess. If I'm looking for specific information I need to look into every sub-forum because it might be anywhere. Discussions of upcoming/ongoing galaxies spread across "General", "Sugesstions" and "Game Mechanics", information for new players in "Off Topic", ... IMHO this makes it a lot harder for new players to get into CS.
16.09.2018 15:33 Xeelee is offline Send an Email to Xeelee Search for Posts by Xeelee Add Xeelee to your Buddy List

I agree with you to the point that new players will tend to search the category they are interested in at the time. But once they've burned out their brain trying to absorb enough info to start playing, they will resort to mostly just reading the visual topics like everyone else. Some categories should have more available post lines so real time information can readily be seen.

The other thing is that although posts may start out in a labelled category, it seldom ends up that way and most always wonders off. And although he will usually oppose any of my ideas, Sygor is about the only one that will take a shot at being on topic and even give detailed information to back up his claims. Other then that you have a few people who have nothing to say other then to poo-poo the idea.

One thing we don't need is forum police, unless bad language or personal attacks are involved.
16.09.2018 19:21 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Off Topic » Welcome New Players

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH