Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Enormous Weird War Only Galaxy » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Enormous Weird War Only Galaxy
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Sygor Player-Rank: 4
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

Enormous Weird War Only Galaxy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Starts next Saturday, unless someone wants to start sooner.

The Galaxy has 1 rule.

1. There are no rules.

The only diplomacy that is allowed is whatever your devious mind can come up with. You absolutely can plan joint attacks and work together to take down a 3rd player. You must strive to win by what ever means possible.

Now if we could only turn HE back up to 100%

If you would like an idea of what the planets will be like and get help with Tactics and Strategy. You could join the Enormous Team Galaxy. It has the same settings as this one.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Sygor: 16.09.2018 15:20.

16.09.2018 14:54 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
malovitch Player-Rank: 1
Wonders where that new Farmer came from

Registration Date: 05.09.2018

RE: Enormous Weird War Only Galaxy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi ! can you change the settings of this galaxy something like 3 hours turn and 10mn prime time ? if yes, I am interested in joining as for the weird team galaxy, I unsign due the incompatibility with my real life, I tried to sign up again as you need somebody but I got a bug and cannot join.

Thank you very much.
17.09.2018 13:32 malovitch is offline Send an Email to malovitch Search for Posts by malovitch Add malovitch to your Buddy List

Thread Starter Thread Started by Sygor
RE: Enormous Weird War Only Galaxy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by malovitch
Hi ! can you change the settings of this galaxy something like 3 hours turn and 10mn prime time ? if yes, I am interested in joining as for the weird team galaxy, I unsign due the incompatibility with my real life, I tried to sign up again as you need somebody but I got a bug and cannot join.

Thank you very much.

Changed the turns to 3 hours. Left the prime time at 5 minutes for now.

Wondering if we could go with 5 minute prime time on the weekends and a slower prime time during the week...Plus with the size of the galaxy, the first 100 or so turns are usually not very eventful.

If you retire from a galaxy and what to rejoin it, you need to PM Erwin so he can reset your sign up capability.
17.09.2018 14:29 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Multiglow Player-Rank: 4
Assigns Gov Schwarzenegger to all Planets

Registration Date: 02.02.2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Leave the prime time at 5m please.

Having fun playing around with my nice big planets.
17.09.2018 18:07 Multiglow is online Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
malovitch Player-Rank: 1
Wonders where that new Farmer came from

Registration Date: 05.09.2018

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thank you, joining now.
17.09.2018 19:25 malovitch is offline Send an Email to malovitch Search for Posts by malovitch Add malovitch to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by malovitch
Thank you, joining now.

Glad to have you.

The Regular turns will be 3 hours. Prime Time turns will start at 5 minutes between 1900-2100 (24 turns). With the size of the galaxy, the beginning should pose no problem for anyone. I seriously doubt anyone will make first contact until turn 100 or later.

Right now I'm thinking of during the week (Monday-Friday) to slow the prime time down. I know that some prefer faster games, and some prefer slower games. I'm trying to find a balance that both are willing to play.

The Prime Time tic time will depend on player input. The key to all of this is to communicate in the forums or by PM.

Right now the first 2 days of the galaxy Saturday and Sunday the Prime Time will be 2 hours at 5 Min tics. After the Sunday Prime Time the tics will be changed to what ever the consensus is.

Next question, should we make the galaxy even larger?
18.09.2018 01:46 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
mephures Player-Rank: 3
Has Speed 5 Frigates

Registration Date: 02.08.2009

Why not an even larger galaxy, can be a lot of fun, we will have a lot of time to build good strategy and big civilization.
May I suggest to let the prime time at 5mn for the first 200-300 turns and after that slowing down when war time will come.
As you remember Big Grin a good simulation can avoid loosing a great fleet in war time and simulation needs time.

An another point I was thinking of: what about a way to fully unload the crew of a fleet, I need almost 20mn to unload the crew and to reorganize my ships depending on the job (fighting/bombing/invading). With a 5-10 mn turn, no way to do it manually, if we can have an admiral instruction like "fully unload" ... it will be a great solution. (Thank you in advance Erwin).
18.09.2018 16:43 mephures is offline Send an Email to mephures Search for Posts by mephures Add mephures to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by mephures
Why not an even larger galaxy, can be a lot of fun, we will have a lot of time to build good strategy and big civilization.
May I suggest to let the prime time at 5mn for the first 200-300 turns and after that slowing down when war time will come.
As you remember Big Grin a good simulation can avoid loosing a great fleet in war time and simulation needs time.

Right now we have 9/7/9 with 6 planets per system. 567 Systems and 3402 planets. If someone else agrees with increasing the size, I'll do it. But it will need to be soon, so people have time to plan before game starts.

If we go with the max of 9/9/9 and 9 planets per system. We would have 729 Systems and 6561 planets.

What ever we go with, the sheer size of this galaxy is mind blowing. Corruption management will be a very important part of the game along with planet automation (Governors and admirals) I wonder if we should increase the Corruption level from 1.5 to something higher.

I really wish the HE could be restored to 100% for this galaxy. It would give a player who lost his fleet a chance to have some sort of protection while he rebuilds.

quote:
An another point I was thinking of: what about a way to fully unload the crew of a fleet, I need almost 20mn to unload the crew and to reorganize my ships depending on the job (fighting/bombing/invading). With a 5-10 mn turn, no way to do it manually, if we can have an admiral instruction like "fully unload" ... it will be a great solution. (Thank you in advance Erwin).

Would be nice, but guess you need to plan your fleet reorganization during the regular turns (3 hours)
18.09.2018 21:28 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

Less then 48 hours before it starts.
20.09.2018 23:35 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
War Lord Player-Rank: 3
Invades without Troop Ships

Registration Date: 19.10.2014

quote:

to solve this problem send your ships to one of my systems ans I will be happy to nload them for you

oh just make sure it is a system with a bbq production plant in it.
21.09.2018 02:48 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List
mephures Player-Rank: 3
Has Speed 5 Frigates

Registration Date: 02.08.2009

What a wonderfull idea ! just send me the coordinates I will be very pleased to participate to your bbq. I will send some flame thrower to help you to cook the meat.
21.09.2018 10:51 mephures is offline Send an Email to mephures Search for Posts by mephures Add mephures to your Buddy List

Party at War Lords place!! I'll bring a side dish and my Bazooka.
21.09.2018 16:01 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by Sygor

You are only allowed to bring some sharp sticks.
21.09.2018 16:31 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List

Game starts tomorrow. Still time and plenty of room for people to join.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sygor: 21.09.2018 20:30.

21.09.2018 19:43 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

quote:

I will bring some salad and some Bio Bombs, just in case the BBQ sauce freak tries to start anything.
22.09.2018 05:18 Multiglow is online Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by Multiglow
quote:

I will bring some salad and some Bio Bombs, just in case the BBQ sauce freak tries to start anything.

Time for some Multi flavored bbq sauce.

Let the fun begin.
22.09.2018 18:59 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List

Anyone up for extending the 5 min turns for another 2 hours?

Would need everyone to agree.
22.09.2018 19:38 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

Or 1 hour turns until tomorrow prime time?
22.09.2018 19:54 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

quote:
Or 1 hour turns until tomorrow prime time?

Yes to both............play fast until it gets complicated.
22.09.2018 20:14 Multiglow is online Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List

i am ok with both of these as well
nothing is going to happen for another 50 turns
22.09.2018 20:18 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Enormous Weird War Only Galaxy

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH