Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Newbie FAQ » Some questions » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Some questions
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ArtemK ArtemK is a male
Wonders where that new Farmer came from

Registration Date: 14.08.2018

Some questions Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hello, i'm newbie and i'll ask in this thread. Sorry for my bad English
29.08.2018 08:31 ArtemK is offline Send an Email to ArtemK Search for Posts by ArtemK Add ArtemK to your Buddy List
ArtemK ArtemK is a male

Thread Starter Thread Started by ArtemK
RE: Some questions Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Why the cost of Stationed Military increases and decreases during a game? When I researched "Colonization", cost is decreased as stated in the description. But after is increased to 350, after that decreased to 280.
29.08.2018 08:39 ArtemK is offline Send an Email to ArtemK Search for Posts by ArtemK Add ArtemK to your Buddy List
War_Cross Player-Rank: 3 War_Cross is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1326.jpg

Registration Date: 20.06.2014

RE: Some questions Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Your English is very good. And you can ask as many questions here as you wish.

Many things effect military growth. Maybe someone else will list them for you.

Each colony ship that you build costs more then the one before it. When you colonizing a planet, that colony ship disappears so the next colony ship costs less to build.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by War_Cross: 29.08.2018 14:08.

29.08.2018 14:06 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
NickVanran Player-Rank: 3 NickVanran is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-698.jpg

Registration Date: 21.06.2009

If you have three production planets, With Ship yards, and you start production of a colony ship on each, on the same turn. Then they will each cost the same. This is a little quirt of the game.

Welcome to CS, Hope to see more of you in the game.

NickVanran

29.08.2018 14:26 NickVanran is offline Send an Email to NickVanran Search for Posts by NickVanran Add NickVanran to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of NickVanran: NickVanran YIM Account Name of NickVanran: Startraderus
Sygor Player-Rank: 4
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

quote:
Originally posted by ArtemK
Why the cost of Stationed Military increases and decreases during a game? When I researched "Colonization", cost is decreased as stated in the description. But after is increased to 350, after that decreased to 280.

The cost of Military depends on your population.

quote:
Originally posted by Powers
Its 300 till you have equal troop as population. After that price grows another 300 for every 50% military more then your population. So 600 if you have 750 military and 500 pop.

In the early stages of the game when you are colonizing a lot and your troop strength is low, it is very possible to see the cost of military fluctuate every turn.
Edit: Noticed you researched Doc Colonization. The above holds true, only difference is Military food cost is now 15% less, or the first military will cost 255 instead of 300

Example
You have 10 citizens with 11 Military (both station and ship crew). The next military will cost 360.....If you Colonize a planet, 2 of your military (Colony ship Crew) will be converted to citizens. This will drop your military down to 9 and also decrease the cost of the next military to 300.

quote:
Originally posted by War_Cross
Each colony ship that you build costs more then the one before it. When you colonizing a planet, that colony ship disappears so the next colony ship costs less to build.

Not right..The cost of a Colony module will never go down unless someone else conquers your planets or you dismantle your already built Colony Ships.

Basic way to think of is the first Colony Module cost 150 Credits, If the Colony-Module Multiplier is 100, then the next Colony Module will cost 250 Credits, then 350 credits etc. It is a bit more complicated then this, but the above example will get you in the ball park. The formula for Colony Module cost;

Extra-Cost = (Number-Of-Your-Planets + Number-Of-Your-Colony-Ships - 1) x 100

quote:
Originally posted by NickVanran
If you have three production planets, With Ship yards, and you start production of a colony ship on each, on the same turn. Then they will each cost the same. This is a little quirt of the game.
NickVanran

You sure? I thought each ship had to finish on the same turn for this to work.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sygor: 29.08.2018 15:43.

29.08.2018 15:30 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

I think Nick assumed the ships would be completed on the same turn.

When you set a ship to be built, you must have the resources on hand. However the cost for building a ship or anything will take workers X amount of turns unless you have enough reserves.
29.08.2018 19:58 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
chrisadamley Player-Rank: 3
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

images/avatars/avatar-384.gif

Registration Date: 18.01.2007

quote:
Originally posted by NickVanran

Welcome to CS, Hope to see more of you in the game.

NickVanran

Interesting, not sure i knew that. Or if i did never made a point to take advantage of that. Is the difference in resources large?

30.08.2018 09:14 chrisadamley is offline Send an Email to chrisadamley Search for Posts by chrisadamley Add chrisadamley to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Depends on what the colony Module multiplier is. With a multiplier of 100, the cost of a standard shuttle colony ship starts at 835, and goes up 100 for each ship built.
Extra-Cost = (Number-Of-Your-Planets + Number-Of-Your-Colony-Ships - 1) x 100

So if you build 3 Colony ships at the same time (they need to be completed on the same turn...construction can start on different turns.) you would save 300 production points.

The next Colony ship after that would cost 400 more production points.
30.08.2018 14:18 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

colony ship building Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

yea that makes sense. So even though you bypassed the algorithm for the 3 colony-ship build, unless you don't build any more for the rest of the game, you will have to make up the difference in cost on the next build. It's like taking out a loan to build the 3 ships but having to pay it back later. Cool Wink

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by War_Cross: 30.08.2018 14:51.

30.08.2018 14:51 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Quick start Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Question: Does the quick start time usage get subtracted from the 6 hr tic time ?
12.09.2018 01:54 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

RE: Quick start Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Unknown.
1 of 2 things will happen.

1. Assuming the Tick time aligns with the start time (It does if you use Prime Time), then you will have one turn that is 4 hours. Again going off my experience with Prime Time, this will happen the turn after the quick start. So you have the quick start, then a 4 hour turn, then the rest will be 6 hours.

2. Quick start will happen (for 2 hours) then the remaining turns will be 6 hour turns.

I think option 1 will happen.
14.09.2018 21:02 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

RE: Quick start Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I hope your right. I remember playing in a game Tingling created a couple of years ago and the 24 hr timing got messed up. I don't remember setting the quick start 2 hours early. That would be messed up. Guess we'll find out on the 29th.
15.09.2018 01:12 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
ArtemK ArtemK is a male

Thread Starter Thread Started by ArtemK
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If i'll mix "fighters" and "bombers" and send this fleet attack a planet - what ships will destroy first? In battle calc planet defense fired to "fighters", "bombers" is not damage. It's really?
15.09.2018 08:58 ArtemK is offline Send an Email to ArtemK Search for Posts by ArtemK Add ArtemK to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Units & battles Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Everything is measured in units. Distance to a planet, your speed and hit points are all measured in units. If you have enough speed, your fleet ( containing fighters and bombers ) will reach the planet in one turn and the battle will start on the same turn.

If the defending planet has fighters in orbit or turrets, they need to be destroyed before your troops can invade. If there are no turrets, your bombers won't bomb the planet. Turrets will attack both fighters and bombers randomly according to unit size with larger ships taking more hits and turrets being selective as to small or big.

Battles are divided into 100 mini-tics and will divide attacks randomly at ships hit points. Fleets attacking planets can bomb and attack fighters in orbit at the same time.

Don't know why the calculator turrets did not attack the bombers.
15.09.2018 13:22 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

If I run this thru the battle calculator

90% of the time, I will get results similar to this. The bombers are not touched.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

If I run this thru the battle calculator

The Bombers will take damage every time.

The Difference between the 2 examples above is how I added ships to the Calculator.

In the first example I added the fighters first. In the second example I added the Bombers first.

Here is a Link that talks about it in greater detail

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sygor: 15.09.2018 15:55.

15.09.2018 15:49 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Interesting Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I find the part about small fleets vs large fleets interesting, in that the small fleet will hone in on a small portion of the large fleet, which accounts for some losses in the larger fleet. it's a shame that the said quirk in the randomness was never revealed in the post. let me know if the unknown variation ever gets found or answered. Thanks
15.09.2018 23:16 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Just to clarify Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Weapons state that they MAINLY target heavy or light ships. While attacking a fleet containing both class's of ships. Will heavy fire power target ONLY heavy ships until all heavy ships are destroyed before shooting at light ships ? I'm sure this is the case, and I know weapons lose 50% strength when shooting out of class.
Yesterday, 14:02 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Newbie FAQ » Some questions

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH