Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Enormous Weird III Galaxy » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Enormous Weird III Galaxy
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Sygor Player-Rank: 4
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

Enormous Weird III Galaxy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by War Lord
REPLAY wanted

got slaughtered but tat was a lot of fun

set it up again

Best put your Big Boy pants on for the next Weird Galaxy.

I'm still thinking about the details, such as if it should be a Diplomatic, War only, or possibly Team.

The settings will be similar to the Enormous War Only Galaxy with the following changes

Size 888, with 8 planets/system (The 8's) Or maybe the 7's
corruption 2
Colony Multiplier 10
Research Multiplier 100

If possible Starting positions will be assigned. Each player will start in a corner, so max of 8 players for now.

Starting positions for the 8's would be

To assign Starting positions, I will need to know who is playing. To do this, the galaxy will be password protected. If you want to play you will need to request a password. This would mean I would know where everyone is starting from. If that is a problem, then we can try to find a 3rd party to assign the starting positions (Maybe Erwin) or I can assign them and retire. If for some reason we get more than 8 players, we will reexamine starting positions.

Any and all input is welcomed.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sygor: 13.10.2018 01:15.

10.10.2018 15:32 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
War Lord Player-Rank: 3
Invades without Troop Ships

Registration Date: 19.10.2014

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ask erwin to assign the starting positions
10.10.2018 16:45 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List
War_Cross Player-Rank: 3 War_Cross is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1326.jpg

Registration Date: 20.06.2014

governors Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

With so many planets ... doesn't the person with the best governors have an advantage ? Of course strategy is important to. Just wondering. Wink
11.10.2018 17:20 War_Cross is online Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List

Thread Starter Thread Started by Sygor
RE: governors Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by War_Cross
With so many planets ... doesn't the person with the best governors have an advantage ? Of course strategy is important to. Just wondering. Wink

Who has the best governors is subjective. What I consider the best traits for a governor could be completely different then what you consider to be the best.

Strategy and ship design/fleet composition is king.
12.10.2018 17:17 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

RE: governors Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What traits do your governors have that others might not have ?
12.10.2018 20:13 War_Cross is online Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List

I guess no input from anyone about this galaxy?

If you want to talk about Governors, start a thread in Game Mechanics
12.10.2018 21:25 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

You can't play this game without governors. I guess that makes it relevant to the topic.
12.10.2018 21:30 War_Cross is online Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List

Planned settings for the galaxy. Currently waiting for Erwin to password protect it. If you want to play, you will need to request the password from me in the forums or by PM.

13.10.2018 00:42 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Espoir Player-Rank: 3
Serves Soup on Colony Shuttles

Registration Date: 01.06.2014

I have some suggestions :

Juicy planets of home world 50 (in this kind of galaxy 40 means nothing) even more when you set r&d to 100. if you want a very fast beginning put all home world to 50.

Prime time : we are not living in the same place of the planet, this prime time setting is not easy for some of us. Prime time beginning at 20h for you will be a little bit better for us and let 2 hours prime time at the beginning, when somebody as a trouble with a governor he/she will not lost 20 or 40 turns in the row.

The objective is to have a lot of players able to participate till the end, not giving up because they lose a prime time for some reason.

Can we have the test galaxy with 35-100 ? to test governors in real conditions of weird's galaxies.

Corruption 2.0 => con you give us the corruption values for 100/200/500/700 planets ?

Thank you Sygor.
13.10.2018 22:51 Espoir is offline Send an Email to Espoir Search for Posts by Espoir Add Espoir to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by Espoir
I have some suggestions :

Juicy planets of home world 50 (in this kind of galaxy 40 means nothing) even more when you set r&d to 100. if you want a very fast beginning put all home world to 50.

Done Juicy planets and Home world set at 50.

quote:
Prime time : we are not living in the same place of the planet, this prime time setting is not easy for some of us. Prime time beginning at 20h for you will be a little bit better for us and let 2 hours prime time at the beginning, when somebody as a trouble with a governor he/she will not lost 20 or 40 turns in the row.

The objective is to have a lot of players able to participate till the end, not giving up because they lose a prime time for some reason.

Done, Prime time is now 2000-2159, with 5 min turns. We will increase the prime time tic time to 30 min-1 hour when the first big battle happens or before it happens. Key is I need to know. With everyone stating in a corner (hope it works) it will be some time before empires meet up.

quote:
Can we have the test galaxy with 35-100 ? to test governors in real conditions of weird's galaxies.

Done
13.10.2018 23:34 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

You are fantastic !

Thank you.
13.10.2018 23:48 Espoir is offline Send an Email to Espoir Search for Posts by Espoir Add Espoir to your Buddy List

quote:

Done

Not working at the moment I will try later.
13.10.2018 23:54 Espoir is offline Send an Email to Espoir Search for Posts by Espoir Add Espoir to your Buddy List

quote:
Corruption 2.0 => con you give us the corruption values for 100/200/500/700 planets ?

Thank you Sygor.

14.10.2018 00:13 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

Sorry I do not express myself very well, I was thinking in changing the "test bed galaxy". Which will allow us to correct/adapt our gorvernors to a lot of situations.

Thank you for the corruption graphic it is a very interesting setting.
14.10.2018 01:19 Espoir is offline Send an Email to Espoir Search for Posts by Espoir Add Espoir to your Buddy List

quote:
Sorry I do not express myself very well, I was thinking in changing the "test bed galaxy". Which will allow us to correct/adapt our gorvernors to a lot of situations.

Thank you for the corruption graphic it is a very interesting setting.

Your expression is fine. I understand the King's English isn't spoken thru out the world. All you need to do is get the meaning across.

I have no control over "test bed galaxy" The best I can do is the "Enormous Weird Test Galaxy"
14.10.2018 01:51 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

The Galaxy is up. If anyone want's to play, you will need to request the password from me. You can PM or ask in this forum.

The reason for the Password is so we know who is playing. Once we get to 8 players Erwin will assign the player/starting positions. Each player will start in a Corner of the galaxy, for a total of 8 players.

If we get more then 8 players interested in the game, we will try and work something out.
16.10.2018 20:39 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
nobody

Registration Date: 15.10.2018

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

20 planets will be for sure. How corruption x2 will work? At how many planets it will turn off the interest to grab more?
17.10.2018 19:23 nobody is offline Send an Email to nobody Search for Posts by nobody Add nobody to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by nobody
20 planets will be for sure. How corruption x2 will work? At how many planets it will turn off the interest to grab more?
Unknown what players will do!

I've given the password to 4 players so far, counting me we have 5 players who have showed interest in playing the galaxy. We have 3 more open slots, if we go with everyone starting in a corner...

If we get more interested in playing, the starting positions will be rearranged. One of the ideas behind this galaxy is to give all players a semi-equal distance from all other players.

So if we get 9 players, I'm thinking of starting 8 players in the corners and 1 player in the center. Who the lucky Sloth in the middle will be, is anyone's guess!

Erwin will be setting up starting positions. I will supply him with player-ID and starting positions and he will randomly mix and match who goes where.

We still haven't, as a group, decided what type of galaxy this should be. Should it be a Diplomatic or War Only galaxy. Both types have merit and I'm open to what ever the consensus is.
17.10.2018 21:43 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
nobody

Registration Date: 15.10.2018

Maybe diplomatic, since turns are 5 minutes and may come big differences just because some are faster or have good governors and all.
If 20 planets, then 5 x 60 = 300 seconds .. / 20 = 15 seconds per planet minus loading time minus army, ship design, science and market . 20 planets is hardcore speed if do all manually.

This post has been edited 11 time(s), it was last edited by nobody: 17.10.2018 23:03.

17.10.2018 22:26 nobody is offline Send an Email to nobody Search for Posts by nobody Add nobody to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by nobody
Maybe diplomatic, since turns are 5 minutes and may come big differences just because some are faster or have good governors and all.
If 20 planets, then 5 x 60 = 300 seconds .. / 20 = 15 seconds per planet minus loading time

got idea, posting it to mechanics ..

Turns are 2 hours, with 2 hours (Prime time) at 5 minute Tics. The prime time will slow down at certain points in the Galaxy...Depending on player input. The faster prime time ticks are so players can expand (grow) quickly.

A good Governor depends on how much time you are willing to spend on him. A basic Governor will keep your empire moving forward even if your AFK. Isn't that the key, you miss a turn and knowing your gov picked up the slack.
17.10.2018 23:10 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Enormous Weird III Galaxy

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH