Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Off Topic » Hello Erwin, Nick, Chris and others » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hello Erwin, Nick, Chris and others
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
nobody
Scouts his own Systems

Registration Date: 15.10.2018

Hello Erwin, Nick, Chris and others Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I checked CS today ... and oh yeah, ban is gone. Made new account, cause I don't want to look back to the mess I made with last one. OK. I see You guys play now 6h galaxies - awesome ! Sad I am "late", else I would join it, too.

Anyways.. good to be back. When new 4h+ (6h preferred) turns games around, mail me please, I will join gladly. I am fine to 1 vs 1 Chris, again, if he is still around.

Best Wishes,

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by nobody: 15.10.2018 02:18.

15.10.2018 02:09 nobody is offline Send an Email to nobody Search for Posts by nobody Add nobody to your Buddy List
War_Cross Player-Rank: 3 War_Cross is a male
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-1328.jpg

Registration Date: 20.06.2014

RE: Hello Erwin, Nick, Chris and others Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Not going to say hello to me ? Wink
15.10.2018 03:09 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
nobody
Scouts his own Systems

Thread Starter Thread Started by nobody
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hello to You, too, War_Cross.
15.10.2018 03:31 nobody is offline Send an Email to nobody Search for Posts by nobody Add nobody to your Buddy List

real life galaxies Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Presently we have 2 6hr-tic galaxies running. Will post another in about 3 weeks. There are a few minor rules that go along with these war only games, but I don't think you will find them to be a problem. I'll post war-only rules in the forum before the next galaxy starts.
15.10.2018 04:55 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
nobody
Scouts his own Systems

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I don't give any opinions (if its not 1 vs 1 game) or suggestions, I don't participate in any mechanical and/or progressive discussion, I just play. Waiting forward .

But I do did read forums a little. There was interesting situation with Sygor's fleet, versus 2 opponents battle in WO game, he got main damage. Why it happened so, that only he got main damage?

quote:
Originally posted by Sygor

I'm having a hard time understanding what happened here. From the battle report, it appears Hell O and elgicus's ships fired on Crom's ships, but did not fire on each other.

I thought War Only galaxies had an Auto Attack feature, where all ships/fleets fire on all other ships/fleets if they are at the same location.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by nobody: 15.10.2018 08:35.

15.10.2018 05:39 nobody is offline Send an Email to nobody Search for Posts by nobody Add nobody to your Buddy List

joint attack Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think Sygor forgot to have Erwin install auto attack before posting the game. As you probably know already, auto attack prevents joint attack because all ships (or planets with turrest) at a point in space will attack each other automatically. So your observation is correct.
15.10.2018 14:16 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
nobody
Scouts his own Systems

I see, happens.
15.10.2018 17:16 nobody is offline Send an Email to nobody Search for Posts by nobody Add nobody to your Buddy List
nobody
Scouts his own Systems

I told I don't participate in game development - well, it is relative. Meaning, I am neutral and nobody until I am asked for to participate in building up community.

Year has gone, again, new experiences in life, new wisdom. Yesterday I just tried cosmicsupremacy, after we had talks with Fred, I just checked web-address, ban is expired or I have been forgiven .
And in cheer had to sign up to check, are there games around or not... Now I am here, again.
I leave this card open - that if You get tired of trying or what so ever You are doing here, I can work with game. If You are happy with your doings and progress, I don't bother, I just hold low profile and play. Past years have proved that without Overlord's (Erwin) selections and trust there is no point to try anything. lol . OK. I go to work now, see you later.
15.10.2018 18:11 nobody is offline Send an Email to nobody Search for Posts by nobody Add nobody to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 4

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

quote:
Originally posted by nobody
I told I don't participate in game development - well, it is relative. Meaning, I am neutral and nobody until I am asked for to participate in building up community.

Year has gone, again, new experiences in life, new wisdom. Yesterday I just tried cosmicsupremacy, after we had talks with Fred, I just checked web-address, ban is expired or I have been forgiven .
And in cheer had to sign up to check, are there games around or not... Now I am here, again.
I leave this card open - that if You get tired of trying or what so ever You are doing here, I can work with game. If You are happy with your doings and progress, I don't bother, I just hold low profile and play. Past years have proved that without Overlord's (Erwin) selections and trust there is no point to try anything. lol . OK. I go to work now, see you later.

If you want a game to be set up let me know, I'll setup (create) anything, anyone want's as long as it is possible with the current Cosmic Supremacy "laws of Physics"

Also, sorry to hear about your book store not doing so good. I wonder at times if reading is slowly dying out, or if the Kindle or other devices have taken over.
15.10.2018 23:15 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
nobody
Scouts his own Systems

With current Laws of Physics I am for diplomacy game . Always like high random - where random really is ### random, systems from 1 planet to hmm... 8?
that planets may appear like:

Example:
food 10
production 60 (max)
science 20
mining 12 (exo)

or

food 21
prod 12
science 45 (max)
mining 2

and in same time there are planets like:

food 33 (med)
prod 33 (med)
science 33 (med)
mining 6

and

food 11
prod 29
science 25
mining 7

--- this kind of planets are a nuts to crack - to take them or not? Maybe there are better-ones out there? Maxes, hmm.. 60 or 40-50 ? I don't know the formula, how game generates random - is it generating more like above medium or tries to keep the planets total sum as medium? The formula should be to generate more undesirable planets, to make people skip them and look for better-ones (take more risks, leave game more open, habitable and annoying.
If code likes above medium, then better make 45 max. The galaxy must be sadistic and frustrating to find planets normally desirable.

I want to see game, where people stop colonizing, cause corruption really is putting limits, but in same time there are plenty of planets to still colonize for come-back - to escape and raise again, to keep fighting. And that sign-up is open long long time -- so people can join game anytime - gentlemen rule is to not attack late new people for x turns (if late 50-100 turns, then don't touch them in 50 turns, if they are late over 100 turns, then 100 turns peace --- why? science ) .. Game end voting comes at 400th turn - but it doesn't mean game has ended at 400th turn (since maybe at 200th turn 5 more people joined game and for them it is in half way.

### High corruption

### Map size? depending on players interested in the game.. About 30-40 planets per face + extra same much . At 30-40 planets corruption should be already showing ugliness (greed has to give real punishments then already).

So.. If 10 players signed up for start.
30-40 per face = 300 or 400 planets + extra same much = 600 to 800 planets
Now random.. if systems have 1-8 planet-count, then, hmm... simple math.. systems may be from 75 to 600 or 100 to 800 (all have 8 planets, or all 1).

If 30 planets per face, then:
5 (floors) x 8 x 10 = total 400 systems (with total 600 planets)
if 40 planets per face, then:
5 (floors) x 10 x 10 = total 500 systems (with total 800 planets)

### (very) Slow science
To make people forget the idea to pump first 100-200 turns ; to make them explore and to try to war early. To give advantage to people who are late. Diplomacy game.

Something like that.

for 4h turns game:

So.. If 10 players signed up for start.
25 per face = 250 planets + (extra same much * 1,5) = 625 planets

25 planets per face, then:
5 (floors) x 8 x 10 = total 400 systems (with total 625 planets)

This post has been edited 7 time(s), it was last edited by nobody: 16.10.2018 05:13.

16.10.2018 04:44 nobody is offline Send an Email to nobody Search for Posts by nobody Add nobody to your Buddy List
nobody
Scouts his own Systems

Estonia is small country, here are many online bookstores, some bookstores are nasty and playing dirty. So there is hard competition. In my town there is already 1 bookstore (new books, franchise; I sell used books) + private sellers + some big online shops have here agents with dirty plays... + library is doing business with books (illegal, since I buy from there books, too, but I don't see all books they delete, they put for sale only few of them, bigger amount (and better books) are vanishing to somewhere else, always).

I have had real war here for 5 years. They keep attacking me, I already contacted police and investigators to get peace with this crap. It is organized crime or smth, really.. They drew soviet logo to my shop's door month ago, then I got really depressed, do you understand? It is like you go to your shop and in the morning there is big Nazi symbol on your door. This is how my town welcomes my book business - the market is controlled by dirty money .

People read and buy books, but they ignore me, cause I don't know.. Estonians are weird - they honor mafia-life (scared of them or just are ignorant to face the growing problem, and they kiss money bosses asses in hope to get piece from cake too (to be accepted), but they are not helping people, who really think everyday, what to do to make country better.

This post has been edited 8 time(s), it was last edited by nobody: 16.10.2018 05:36.

16.10.2018 05:25 nobody is offline Send an Email to nobody Search for Posts by nobody Add nobody to your Buddy List

Expanding universe Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

[Nobody Quote] --- this kind of planets are a nuts to crack - to take them or not? Maybe there are better-ones out there? Maxes, hmm.. 60 or 40-50 ? I don't know the formula, how game generates random - is it generating more like above medium or tries to keep the planets total sum as medium? The formula should be to generate more undesirable planets, to make people skip them and look for better-ones (take more risks, leave game more open, habitable and annoying.
If code likes above medium, then better make 45 max. The galaxy must be sadistic and frustrating to find planets normally desirable.

I want to see game, where people stop colonizing, cause corruption really is putting limits, but in same time there are plenty of planets to still colonize for come-back - to escape and raise again, to keep fighting. And that sign-up is open long long time -- so people can join game anytime - gentlemen rule is to not attack late new people for x turns (if late 50-100 turns, then don't touch them in 50 turns, if they are late over 100 turns, then 100 turns peace --- why? science ) .. Game end voting comes at 400th turn - but it doesn't mean game has ended at 400th turn (since maybe at 200th turn 5 more people joined game and for them it is in half way. [End Quote]

Interesting ideas. Presently, the time to join a galaxy is limited.
Along with unending time to join, how about having new systems pop up every now and then, and also have planets deteriorate over time at a slow pace ?

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by War_Cross: 16.10.2018 19:16.

16.10.2018 16:27 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
nobody
Scouts his own Systems

Expanding galaxy is old story, cool, yes. But unlimited sign-up time is the simplest possible. Most of games half of players get whacked or go inactive. So at the end just 2-3-5 play actively, rarely 7.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by nobody: 16.10.2018 20:00.

16.10.2018 17:32 nobody is offline Send an Email to nobody Search for Posts by nobody Add nobody to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 4

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

This should be in game Mechanics...anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by nobody

I want to see game, where people stop colonizing, cause corruption really is putting limits, but in same time there are plenty of planets to still colonize for come-back - to escape and raise again, to keep fighting. And that sign-up is open long long time -- so people can join game anytime - gentlemen rule is to not attack late new people for x turns (if late 50-100 turns, then don't touch them in 50 turns, if they are late over 100 turns, then 100 turns peace --- why? science ) .. Game end voting comes at 400th turn - but it doesn't mean game has ended at 400th turn (since maybe at 200th turn 5 more people joined game and for them it is in half way.

Most of this is possible right now. You may want to look at the Enormous Weird Pratice Galaxy It had a corruption and Rep multiplier of 1.5. This provided protection for late joining players. Also I know it was open to sign-ups till Turn 325. Stopped tracking at that point.
16.10.2018 19:32 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
nobody
Scouts his own Systems

I am not sure about multiplier 1,5 as number.

To be good in practice, here we go again... I need tools in to my hands, to generate galaxies, play these through as with very fast ticks, before posting for sign-ups, to test, test, test.
I skip tool-talks.

So the idea (setup) is on the table. if 6h galaxy, then about 30 planets per face + extra (systems and galaxy-size numbers offered, should be plenty of room for escape; enough planets for late people; to risk to get better planet picks + since there are so many planets around, it is dumb to go greedy - you can't "hold positions" anyways everywhere), long sign-up, very high random (so there are systems with 1 or max-8 planets, too and very bad planets or bad planets which can be turned to good), very slow science, diplomacy.
Reputation modifier - I am not sure about that. Since it would be diplomacy game and if all goes like I think (that late sign-ups appear), then game may go long + if corruption is really forcing to stop colonizing at 30 planets - then biobombs will be more popular - to just eliminate opponents planets to 0. 0 population planets are better than losing planet - keep vision + (good) planet is not in enemy's pocket = can come back from new start (or defending fleets were late) to build it up again.

This post has been edited 6 time(s), it was last edited by nobody: 16.10.2018 20:35.

16.10.2018 20:12 nobody is offline Send an Email to nobody Search for Posts by nobody Add nobody to your Buddy List
nobody
Scouts his own Systems

If random generates system with 8 planets.

If 30 planets per face, then:
5 (floors) x 8 x 10 = total 400 systems (with total 600 planets)

1) It is not really good idea to colonize all 8 planets in same system (including very bad), it would be then, that 1/4 of planets taken, while opponent plays spread tactics, is everywhere around - then you can come out from 8-system to take down the 1-system - it really is not doing any serious damage, since opponent might be on other 29 systems more - so he just loses little pawn and is gathering fleet somewhere and the 8-system guy has no idea, where from the attack comes from, tho 1-system guy knows exactly, where 8-system guy is moving with his main fleet.

BUT:
2) If player wants to play defensive, then 8-system might be good for him.
So the needs are all met - people can play agressive, can play defensive.

3) Diplomacy game = some just want to be rich and do politics, play puppet-master, to fund wars and enjoy show.
To ask defence, for example - "Hey, my fleet is chased by, can we ally for minimum time, so I can rest at your system for little time?" . . -"Yeah, sure, 25 000, please" .

This post has been edited 7 time(s), it was last edited by nobody: 16.10.2018 20:53.

16.10.2018 20:24 nobody is offline Send an Email to nobody Search for Posts by nobody Add nobody to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Off Topic » Hello Erwin, Nick, Chris and others

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH