Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Enormous Weird III Galaxy » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Enormous Weird III Galaxy
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
nobody
Serves Soup on Colony Shuttles

Registration Date: 15.10.2018

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ah ok, then I will skip this game, it is OK, there will be another ones coming up.
17.10.2018 23:27 nobody is offline Send an Email to nobody Search for Posts by nobody Add nobody to your Buddy List
Espoir Player-Rank: 3

Registration Date: 01.06.2014

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"We still haven't, as a group, decided what type of galaxy this should be. Should it be a Diplomatic or War Only galaxy. Both types have merit and I'm open to what ever the consensus is."

IMHO a Diplomatic galaxy must be fine, probably we must see the traditionnals alliances with a very fast r&d and an impressive corruption we must have a 100% strategic game, this game will be hot, very hot. A 4x4 will be ideal but in diplomatic galaxy everything can happen. The path we will choose and our settings must make the difference. Good luck to all.
18.10.2018 00:04 Espoir is offline Send an Email to Espoir Search for Posts by Espoir Add Espoir to your Buddy List
Multiglow Player-Rank: 4
Assigns Gov Schwarzenegger to all Planets

Registration Date: 02.02.2010

I vote for diplomatic...............easier to get killed by treacherous partners that way which is always fun.
18.10.2018 19:06 Multiglow is online Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
War Lord Player-Rank: 3
Invades without Troop Ships

Registration Date: 19.10.2014

I am ok with either one
18.10.2018 20:47 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 4
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

Thread Starter Thread Started by Sygor

Ok, Diplomacy Galaxy it is.

I'm going to postpone the start date until 27th, with signup (Password request) stopping on the 22nd. This will give Erwin plenty of time to set starting positions.

Starting Positions --Right now we have 6 players.

8 players - everyone starts in a corner.
6 players - everyone starts in the center of an outer face.
18.10.2018 23:24 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Multiglow Player-Rank: 4
Assigns Gov Schwarzenegger to all Planets

Registration Date: 02.02.2010

quote:
Originally posted by Sygor

I'm going to postpone the start date until 27th, with signup (Password request) stopping on the 22nd. This will give Erwin plenty of time to set starting positions.

This will be the same as setting up teams in a team galaxy with one difference.

You do not know who all the players are and Erwin needs their ID number to position them.

So, if you are playing, post that fact here by the 23rd please.
19.10.2018 04:43 Multiglow is online Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
nobody

Registration Date: 15.10.2018

What is Prime Time? I don't get it.

And turns are 2h or 1h? Cause on registration info it tells turns are 1h.

quote:
Turns are 2 hours, with 2 hours (Prime time) at 5 minute Tics. The prime time will slow down at certain points in the Galaxy...Depending on player input. The faster prime time ticks are so players can expand (grow) quickly.

A good Governor depends on how much time you are willing to spend on him. A basic Governor will keep your empire moving forward even if your AFK. Isn't that the key, you miss a turn and knowing your gov picked up the slack.
19.10.2018 09:29 nobody is offline Send an Email to nobody Search for Posts by nobody Add nobody to your Buddy List

Good spot about the 2 hours vs 1 hour, I'll fix that before the game starts.

Prime Time is a way to change tick time during a certain part of the day. In this galaxy the Prime Time is 2000-2159 CET @ 5 min....So normal turns will be 2 hours and between 2000-2200 the turns will be 5 minutes.

The Prime Time feature can also be used to slow the ticks down during certain parts of day Or effectively pause the game for part of a day.

Say you wanted to pause the game for 12 hours a day and then play 12 one hour turns, you could do that with the Prime Time feature.
19.10.2018 18:33 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

Blue, Starting sector (positions) with 6 players ( I know you can't see 3 of them)
Yellow, Starting sector (positions) with 8 players (can't see 1)

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Sygor: 19.10.2018 19:36.

19.10.2018 19:06 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by Multiglow
quote:

This will be the same as setting up teams in a team galaxy with one difference.

You do not know who all the players are and Erwin needs their ID number to position them.

So, if you are playing, post that fact here by the 23rd please.

If anyone else wants to play this galaxy, all you need to do is request the password from me. you can do this in this forum or by private PM. I will know who is playing, but I will not know your starting positions. If we get more then 8 players, starting positions will be rearranged for the max distance between player.
20.10.2018 02:23 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Hornswoggle Player-Rank: 1
Wonders where that new Farmer came from

Registration Date: 14.11.2017

Password please! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'd like to play. And a week to refresh myself on this game sounds perfect! Thanks very much. -Hornswoggle

Roll Eyes
21.10.2018 21:59 Hornswoggle is offline Send an Email to Hornswoggle Search for Posts by Hornswoggle Add Hornswoggle to your Buddy List

RE: Password please! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Hornswoggle
I'd like to play. And a week to refresh myself on this game sounds perfect! Thanks very much. -Hornswoggle

Roll Eyes

Password sent. Will bring us up to 7 players.

In other news, I've sent invites out to every player who has ever played a Weird Galaxy and some I thought who would find it interesting. Going to ask all other players to send invites out to any player they would like to see in the game.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sygor: 21.10.2018 22:39.

21.10.2018 22:22 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Radiance Player-Rank: 3 Radiance is a female
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1053.jpg

Registration Date: 13.05.2011

I miss you all Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think I make the 8th player. Otherwise I can be an alternate.
Yesterday, 01:59 Radiance is offline Send an Email to Radiance Search for Posts by Radiance Add Radiance to your Buddy List
Radiance Player-Rank: 3 Radiance is a female
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1053.jpg

Registration Date: 13.05.2011

oops. I hate super-large galaxies with too many planets per player. My new computer might be able to handle it, but it is too much work and I get bored.

Contact me for the next teamie or RL (3 hr or longer turns) galaxy.
Yesterday, 02:07 Radiance is offline Send an Email to Radiance Search for Posts by Radiance Add Radiance to your Buddy List
War Lord Player-Rank: 3
Invades without Troop Ships

Registration Date: 19.10.2014

when will the reshuffle happen
Today, 17:41 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List

I sent the request to Erwin a couple of hours ago, hopefully in the next day or so.
Today, 19:27 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Enormous Weird III Galaxy

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH