Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Small Weird 2D Galaxy » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Small Weird 2D Galaxy
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Multiglow Player-Rank: 4
Assigns Gov Schwarzenegger to all Planets

Registration Date: 02.02.2010

Small Weird 2D Galaxy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This is a password protected galaxy. I am looking for 3 other players who REALLY want to play in it.

Message me for the PW.

Please do not join unless you actually intend to play.

Starting next Saturday: 24 Nov 2018

2 hour prime time with 5 min turns (adjusted to whatever everyone wants later in the game) and 1 hour regular turns.

4 players each starting in their own corner region. Each player colonizes 9 systems (81 planets).

The X's represent 4 sets of players designated systems, the 0's represent the river and the H's are each HQ system (see example below).

NO colonies in the river EXCEPT any Exotic planets.

NO visiting, scouting or attacking enemy systems until turn 100.

Visiting, scouting and attacking anything belonging to the enemy in the river is permitted (and encouraged) from turn 1.

This is not a war only galaxy. Diplomacy and treachery are both available.

NOTE: Both the Corruption Multiplier and the Reputation Multiplier are set to 0.01 which means that Bio Bombing is essentially penalty free.

X H X 0 X H X

X X X 0 X X X

0 0 0 0 0 0 0

X X X 0 X X X

X H X 0 X H X

Gsme parameters:

Sector Size: 200 units
Planet Count Per System: 9
Regular Planet Space: 700 - 900
Regular Planet Commodities: 70 - 90 Food/Production/Science
Technology Cost Multiplier: 3000
Corruption Multiplier: 0.01
Reputation Multiplier: 0.01
Colony-Module Multiplier: 100
Score Break-Even: 20
Homeworld Planet Space: 900
Homeworld Planet Commodities: 70/70/70 Food Production Science
Homeworld Population Count: 90
Homesystem Juicy Planets Count: 8
Homesystem Juicy Planet Space: 900
Homesystem Juicy Planet Commodities: 70 - 80
Number of Colony Ships: 26
Starting Credits: 20000

Custom Homeworld Changes: 20
Custom Civilization Changes: 25
19.11.2018 03:52 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 4
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think the size is off, shouldn't it be 7x7

X X X R X X X
X H X R X H X
X X X R X X X
R R R R R R R
X X X R X X X
X H X R X H X
X X X R X X X

19.11.2018 14:17 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

Thread Starter Thread Started by Multiglow
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Actually I goofed............I meant to say 6 systems per player.............but your idea makes more sense, so I will change the set up.
19.11.2018 20:13 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
War Lord Player-Rank: 3
Invades without Troop Ships

Registration Date: 19.10.2014

i will play
send me the password
19.11.2018 20:21 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List
War_Cross Player-Rank: 3 War_Cross is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1328.jpg

Registration Date: 20.06.2014

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That's a pretty cool galaxy you got there. It's nice that we are at both ends of the spectrum. You like faster games with lots of planets. And I'm always doing slower games with few planets. Smile

The 2d galaxy lends itself to some cool strategy galaxy possibilities. Fun to think about.

Maybe 24 colony ships instead of 26. 3 ships per each of your systems.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by War_Cross: 21.11.2018 01:40.

21.11.2018 01:32 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List

Well as of now, War Lord want to play.

Nobody wanted to play and the changed his mind.

So, do we have anyone else who is interested?
21.11.2018 15:44 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
nobody
Puts Shields on Colony Ships

images/avatars/avatar-1331.jpg

Registration Date: 15.10.2018

I changed mind, because I didn't get any answer from you, am I counted in or what. Saw you read message, but no reply. Thought I am not welcome.. np, all good :

Anyways, since I wanted to have game for background, I contacted Erwin and asked to re-open sign up for me again to Wilderness so I play that galaxy now. 2 galaxies are too much for me.

Good luck with game!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by nobody: 21.11.2018 16:20.

21.11.2018 16:16 nobody is offline Send an Email to nobody Search for Posts by nobody Add nobody to your Buddy List
War Lord Player-Rank: 3
Invades without Troop Ships

Registration Date: 19.10.2014

i joined
21.11.2018 16:22 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by nobody
I changed mind, because I didn't get any answer from you, am I counted in or what. Saw you read message, but no reply. Thought I am not welcome.. np, all good :

Anyways, since I wanted to have game for background, I contacted Erwin and asked to re-open sign up for me again to Wilderness so I play that galaxy now. 2 galaxies are too much for me.

Good luck with game!

The reason you did not get an answer is that I was waiting for Erwin to set up the PW for me.
21.11.2018 16:36 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by War Lord
i joined

War Lord.................one we have 4 starters I will ask Erwin to place everyone in one of these 4 starting positions.

01/01
05/01
01/05
05/05

GL and let's have some fun.
21.11.2018 16:39 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
nobody
Puts Shields on Colony Ships

images/avatars/avatar-1331.jpg

Registration Date: 15.10.2018

quote:
Originally posted by Multiglow

The reason you did not get an answer is that I was waiting for Erwin to set up the PW for me.

Al right, all good. It is easy to find 4, I believe.
21.11.2018 17:18 nobody is offline Send an Email to nobody Search for Posts by nobody Add nobody to your Buddy List

I really like the concept of the galaxy and I think it would be really fun to play. But I'm not sure if I can dedicate the time to play.

I'll play if you absolutely need the 4th player.

Please note the rank.. LOL

22.11.2018 03:58 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

As of now we only have WL and myself signed up.

May have to delay it if we do not get 2 more by tomorrow as I will need to have Erwin set the positions.

Oh and BTW: if you do play we are setting up solar wind generators in all river systems that border your territory. This is at the request of other civilizations who apparently don't like the odor Sloth civilizations generate.

Going to do the same thing for WL as that damn BBQ sauce of his is nasty as well.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Multiglow: 22.11.2018 06:26.

22.11.2018 06:20 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
War_Cross Player-Rank: 3 War_Cross is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1328.jpg

Registration Date: 20.06.2014

Funny Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

LOL That is super funny what you said about the wind generators.

I feel bad that I can't join because I'm slow and old and don't have my governors done yet. Maybe next year.

Speaking of governors. I'm sure that some players have super governors that they've perfected over the years, that give them a distinct advantage. These super governors will never be shared with the multitude of players coming through the gates of CS. Any and all such advantages including loopholes and allies will be cherished, by those who will fight tooth and nail to defend them.
22.11.2018 13:01 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List

Due to a lack of interest (we only have 2 signed up for it) I postponed this until Saturday Dec 1.
23.11.2018 18:13 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List

I postponed it again until Sat Dec 08.

If we do not get 2 more people join by next Wednesday, I will just kill this galaxy.
30.11.2018 20:15 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by Multiglow
I postponed it again until Sat Dec 08.

If we do not get 2 more people join by next Wednesday, I will just kill this galaxy.

I find the galaxy really interesting and would love to see how a 2D galaxy plays out. But I'm taking a break for awhile.

Side note; would like to see some posts on what is going on in some of the current galaxies. Seems once a galaxy starts, people go silent.

I understand wanting to keep strategy's or tactical decisions private. But at times it would be cool if players posted what is going on.

And try and put responses in the right topic
02.12.2018 01:07 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Small Weird 2D Galaxy

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH