Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Suggestions » Ladder galaxy Info/chat » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Ladder galaxy Info/chat
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
War_Cross Player-Rank: 3 War_Cross is a male
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-1328.jpg

Registration Date: 20.06.2014

Thread Starter Thread Started by War_Cross
RE: idea Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You would need to include a fighter also , or they could build one. But you bring up an interesting point. let me think about it. Wink

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by War_Cross: 18.11.2018 21:33.

18.11.2018 21:29 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List

RE: idea Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Sygor
quote:
Originally posted by War_Cross
Smile Nice try. You know what attack means ... bomb, bio-bomb or troop invasion.

No I don't!
What about laying siege to a planet. I have no intentions of invading or lack the troops, but I want to stop it from producing ships. I park a couple of Cruisers over a planet, with no troops. The Cruisers have enough fire power/bombing to destroy anything the planet can produce in 1 turn (Ship or PD)
I consider that an Attack.

LOL You are so smart, and know this game so well, that you make me smile. Try this ..

Ladder rules made simple:
1 You can NOT move ships on to any planets except those directly above you on the score board.
2 You can attack any ships/fleets at anytime, unless doing so would break rule 1.

The Ladder doesn't start until turn 50.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by War_Cross: 18.11.2018 23:31.

18.11.2018 22:22 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List

Ladder/reshuffle Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Roll Eyes if your thinking about joining the Ladder test galaxy please do it soon. If we don't get at least 7 players, the galaxy will be reshuffled. Thanks

Ladder rules:
1 You can NOT attack or move ships on to any planets except the one that is directly above you on the score board. Example: player 4 can attack 3 but not 1 or 2
2 You can attack any ships/fleets at anytime, unless doing so would break rule 1.

The 1st 49 turns are played normal. The Ladder starts at turn 50.

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by War_Cross: 21.11.2018 22:58.

19.11.2018 12:33 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List

RE: Ladder/reshuffle Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Galaxy has been reshuffled.

Ladder rules:
1 You can NOT attack or move ships on to any planets except the one that is directly above you on the score board. Example: player 4 can attack 3 but not 1 or 2

The 1st 49 turns are played normal. The Ladder starts at turn 50.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by War_Cross: 24.11.2018 23:13.

23.11.2018 13:40 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Multiglow Player-Rank: 4
Assigns Gov Schwarzenegger to all Planets

Registration Date: 02.02.2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So under these rules I can attack anything, at any time, using any weapons up until turn 50.

Correct?
26.11.2018 01:17 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List

Yep Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yep ... that is correct. But maybe we should give the last place player a break, cause I think we said that the last place player can't be attacked by anyone. So I forgot to actually include this with the other rules. What do you think ?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by War_Cross: 26.11.2018 01:34.

26.11.2018 01:29 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
War Lord Player-Rank: 3
Invades without Troop Ships

Registration Date: 19.10.2014

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

as i understand the rules multi is correct
first place last place are all dead if i see them for the first fifty turns
26.11.2018 04:15 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List

Ok Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ok ... that's why this is a test. Open season for the first 49 turns. I think next game we should make planets of the player in last place always untouchable.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by War_Cross: 26.11.2018 04:23.

26.11.2018 04:18 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List

OK that works for me.

This is going to be interesting.
26.11.2018 17:53 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List

last place Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm glad you guys pointed out my over site. In this case it looks like last place is active, so hopefully he will defend his juicy planets during the first 49 turns.

Also it is possible for 2 players to have the same exact score, in which case they could attack each other. But because a tie will probably only last for 1 turn we won't worry about it.

Another cool thing is that late joining players don't have to worry about getting attacked early because they will enter the game in last place.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by War_Cross: 26.11.2018 18:52.

26.11.2018 18:23 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 4

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

RE: last place Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

How is the galaxy going?
02.12.2018 00:35 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

RE: last place Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Didn't get to turn 50 yet. But one thing I can tell you, is that a victory is going to be hard to come by. They are good players.
Smile It's going to be fun watching the new strategies take place.
02.12.2018 01:24 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List

Prediction Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I predict that War Lord will win this galaxy because he has colonized a lot of big high production planets and is off to a running start. Smile
04.12.2018 12:28 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
War Lord Player-Rank: 3
Invades without Troop Ships

Registration Date: 19.10.2014

RE: Prediction Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by War_Cross
I predict that War Lord will win this galaxy because he has colonized a lot of big high production planets and is off to a running start. Smile

I agree.

As only the #2 player can attack me and I cannot attack anyone all I am going to do is build lots of fleet to increase my score.

As I cannot attack anyone I am building just fighters to defend my systems.

Multi on the other hand must build fighters bombers and troop ships if he wants to attack me while at the same time building defenses to protect his systems from War Cross attacks.

This will be a really boring game from here on out unless Multi gets past me in score and I can then attack him.

All I need do to protect myself is build lots of fighters and use them to kill any fleet of War Cross that approaches any system belonging to Multi.

Final thoughts are that this format is a waste of time. Would be much better if attacking the players immediately above and below you in score was permitted.
04.12.2018 17:00 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List

RE: Prediction Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If we had more players it would be more fun. Things may not be as clear cut as you described. Preventing allied joint attacks is the concept, but is hard to grasp for some. I have thought about your proposed idea of allowing attacks on planets of empires both above and below your score, but rejected it, because it once again allows attacks from more then one player at a time.
04.12.2018 19:05 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List

Actually I agree with WL, sort of.

As I am he is #1, I am #2 and you are #3 all I need do is build a lot of Fighter fleet and my turret defenses right now.

If I can out-build him in fleet, I will overtake him in score.

If you attack my planets and I kill your fleet, my score will also increase.

I have no idea how many planets you all have as I have not done any real scouting yet so who knows who is going to win the production battle.

This could get interesting in 30 or so turns.
04.12.2018 19:51 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List

yep Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There are hidden strategies that will evolve as the galaxy progresses. For one thing, knowing the location of everyone's fleet is a must. An example would be: Player 2 heads toward a planet belonging to player 1. Player 1 is stalking the player 2 fleet. Player 2 conquers the planet in 1 turn. Player 1 can no longer attack the player 2 fleet because player 2 is now in orbit on a planet he owns. That is unless the player 1 fleet has only fighters. However War Lord is correct in that building the biggest empire and fleet is the best strategy.
I think we should lower corruption for the next game as it serves no purpose other then making it hard to own a lot of planets. And bio-bombing becomes impossible because of the already large empire wide corruption.
04.12.2018 20:27 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List

Everyone has a fleet................when did this happen?

LMAO
04.12.2018 21:22 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Suggestions » Ladder galaxy Info/chat

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH