Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Small Weird 2D Galaxy » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (13): « first ... « previous 11 12 [13] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Small Weird 2D Galaxy
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Radiance Player-Rank: 3 Radiance is a female
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1053.jpg

Registration Date: 13.05.2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have successfully defended against biobombs with PD--maybe 20 000 hp depending on the galaxy at the time. 10 000 would likely have been enough at the end of the Weird galaxy.

I want to play the next galaxy Nick plays in:

Team galaxy. 3 hour ticks or longer. No batch or prime time except first few days--maybe.

30 planets per player or fewer. Not impoverished, but super-rich is extra work, too. I am lazy.

Prefer: no river, no extra rules such as no-attack until turn 100. But I will still play with those things. Please no last-minute changes after the game starts, though.
07.02.2019 02:20 Radiance is offline Send an Email to Radiance Search for Posts by Radiance Add Radiance to your Buddy List
War_Cross Player-Rank: 3 War_Cross is a male
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-1332.jpg

Registration Date: 20.06.2014

Radiance Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Radiance
I have successfully defended against biobombs with PD--maybe 20 000 hp depending on the galaxy at the time. 10 000 would likely have been enough at the end of the Weird galaxy.

Team galaxy. 3 hour ticks or longer. No batch or prime time except first few days--maybe.

30 planets per player or fewer. Not impoverished, but super-rich is extra work, too. I am lazy.

Prefer: no river, no extra rules such as no-attack until turn 100. But I will still play with those things. Please no last-minute changes after the game starts, though.

I agree with everything you said. If I was to post, or join a team game ... it would have to look like your example.
I would like to add ... no cry baby's allowed. If you join the game, you finish the game.
I would also add a rule, that the HQ planet cannot be bio-bombed.

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by War_Cross: 07.02.2019 15:32.

07.02.2019 13:32 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 4

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

RE: Radiance Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by War_Cross
quote:
Originally posted by Radiance

I agree with everything you said. If I was to post, or join a team game ... it would have to look like your example.
I would like to add ... no cry baby's allowed. If you join the game, you finish the game.
I would also add a rule, that the HQ planet cannot be bio-bombed.

That's hilarious. You agree with Radiance about no special rules except for yours.

The concept behind the river was to allow for a slow increase of hostilities between the two teams. if done properly a game with River rules can be very enjoyable and at the same time give new players a chance to get use to the game.

Ideally the River, depending on game settings
Turn 0-50 River is no-mans land (can colonize in peace and get to know Teammates)
Turn 50 onward The river is open for everything (First contact with light ships)
Turn 150 onward Everything is fair game (even home systems)

Next on my mind. Empire...What the hell is a Empire, is it 30 planets, where you lose one system and your out of the game. Or is an Empire 100 planets, where losing one system, makes you want to get revenge and drive a sharpen stick into your adversary heart.

Tick Time...Everyone has a different opinion. The slowest I will play in a Team galaxy is 2 hours. Damn, I have teammates who can watch over any fleet movement if I'm AFK. As for building stuff, it is not that difficult to plan a couple of turns in advance. Use the queue system or a simple governor. Before anyone says, "But setting up a Governor is to hard" ask your Teammates, I'm sure they will help you. Come on at the start of a game, do you really need to log in every turn to make sure the colony ship you sent out is still heading to a system 10 turns away.

Ciiv Settings. They need to be toned back a little. Having 20-25 civ traits sorts of defeats the purpose of Civ traits, especially in a team galaxy..Hard choices need to be made.

I have other thoughts on this subject. Before I post them I'm go to wait to see if I get any coherent responses from this post. Going to go sharpen some sticks now.
08.02.2019 01:23 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Radiance Player-Rank: 3 Radiance is a female
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1053.jpg

Registration Date: 13.05.2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

lol, yeah, no extra rules except he has one. Which I could live with.

So far 3 of us would like a 3-hour teamie. Sygor would like a 1 or 2 hour teamie with a river.

We need many more players. Maybe we could advertise on those game sites.

Pommie told me of a business that was interested in using CS for leadership training. Maybe we could find some business mags or webzines to describe our game on.
08.02.2019 03:12 Radiance is offline Send an Email to Radiance Search for Posts by Radiance Add Radiance to your Buddy List
War_Cross Player-Rank: 3 War_Cross is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1332.jpg

Registration Date: 20.06.2014

rules Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I retract my statement about making a rule to protect the HQ. Radiance is right, no rules is better.
It seems we have 1/2 of the players that can only play if it's 3 hour tics or more and 1/2 that will only play 2 hour tics or less. So there is no point in continuing the team galaxy conversation, at least for now.
08.02.2019 12:07 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 4

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

RE: rules Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by War_Cross
I retract my statement about making a rule to protect the HQ. Radiance is right, no rules is better.
It seems we have 1/2 of the players that can only play if it's 3 hour tics or more and 1/2 that will only play 2 hour tics or less. So there is no point in continuing the team galaxy conversation, at least for now.

There is every reason to continue the conversation. You don't have to participate or you could try and convince me why I would want to play 3 hour turns. Go on give it your best shot.

I'll even help you out. I would be willing to play a 3 hour/turn galaxy. My last post was poorly worded. I should of said "I prefer 2 hours or less, but am willing to compromise and go with longer ticks as long as the ticks aren't ridiculously long."

I guess no one really cares what my other thoughts on the subject are. That's Ok, I'm starting to use to it.
08.02.2019 22:31 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
War Lord Player-Rank: 3
Invades without Troop Ships

Registration Date: 19.10.2014

My thoughts are.

I liked how the last team galaxy was set up and would like a replay.

As for 4, 5 or 6 hour turns I have no interest in them as they are boring.

Playing in one now and all I am doing is checking in once every day. It is about as exciting as watching paint dry.
09.02.2019 02:50 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List
Pages (13): « first ... « previous 11 12 [13] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Small Weird 2D Galaxy

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH