Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Bug Reports » Things noticed after crash » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Things noticed after crash
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
War_Cross Player-Rank: 3 War_Cross is a male
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-1332.jpg

Registration Date: 20.06.2014

Things noticed after crash Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

1 ... test bed galaxy won't load.
2 ... when sending a PM, the spinning working arrow shows up but will not send until you move away from that page and come back to send it again.
05.03.2019 18:59 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Erwin [CS] Player-Rank: 2 Erwin [CS] is a male
Admiral Moo

images/avatars/avatar-124.gif

Registration Date: 26.12.2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks for putting up that list. I will try to work through it.

What I also noticed was that when I want to pick a civ-name in the galaxy that I previously used (my own), it tells me that I can't use some one elses' civ-name. Anyone else experienced that?
06.03.2019 10:28 Erwin [CS] is offline Search for Posts by Erwin [CS] Add Erwin [CS] to your Buddy List

Thread Starter Thread Started by War_Cross
Strange Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wow that is strange. The program is rebelling against it's creator. LOL
06.03.2019 15:49 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List

RE: Things noticed after crash Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by War_Cross
1 ... test bed galaxy won't load.
2 ... when sending a PM, the spinning working arrow shows up but will not send until you move away from that page and come back to send it again.

Oh yea ... 1 or 2 of the completed Ladder galaxies disappeared form history and every where else. 1 for sure
10.03.2019 21:21 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
NickVanran Player-Rank: 3 NickVanran is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-698.jpg

Registration Date: 21.06.2009

RE: Things noticed after crash Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

When adding a post to the forum, it take several seconds for it to finely send.

The sinc problem I was having before the crash has disappeared and the program is working on Chrome with Windows XP again. No changes have been made on this end.

Nick

10.03.2019 22:59 NickVanran is offline Send an Email to NickVanran Search for Posts by NickVanran Add NickVanran to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of NickVanran: NickVanran YIM Account Name of NickVanran: Startraderus
Admiral Moo

quote:
Originally posted by War_Cross
Oh yea ... 1 or 2 of the completed Ladder galaxies disappeared form history and every where else. 1 for sure

What's the name if that galaxy you are missing? It should be listed in Galaxy History at least. The actually galaxy replays might be lost though, unless I still find a way to access the broken hard-disk.
11.03.2019 16:40 Erwin [CS] is offline Search for Posts by Erwin [CS] Add Erwin [CS] to your Buddy List

The strange thing about the missing galaxy (which was a very hard victory) is that the first Ladder galaxy "Ladder test galaxy" and the last Ladder galaxy "King ladder galaxy(forum)' are both in the galaxy list, but the ones posted in between these two are missing everywhere. I'm not sure of the exact name of the missing galaxies but it has the word Ladder in it and it's not the 2 mentioned above or the one I took off line after the crash.

Another problem is in history. When I click replay, the load window shows up, acting like it's loading, but the galaxy doesn't load.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by War_Cross: 11.03.2019 18:47.

11.03.2019 18:43 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Admiral Moo

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just looked in the database, there are only 2 galaxies with the word "ladder" in the name:
Ladder test galaxy
King Ladder galaxy (forum)

As for the galaxy replays, they are not up yet. However, there are quite a few galaxies that are lost (on the old hard-disk), since I only back them up very irregularly.
11.03.2019 20:13 Erwin [CS] is offline Search for Posts by Erwin [CS] Add Erwin [CS] to your Buddy List

Lost galaxies Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I guess they are lost then. Thanks for looking.
11.03.2019 23:49 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Bug Reports » Things noticed after crash

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH