Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Suggestions » 4 hr tic war galaxy » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 4 hr tic war galaxy
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
War_Cross Player-Rank: 3 War_Cross is a male
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-1332.jpg

Registration Date: 20.06.2014

4 hr tic war galaxy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Players have requested longer tics. This galaxy will start Sunday November 17th at 20:00. It is a war-only galaxy. The rules and settings are as follows ...

The game starts with everyone locked into a war stance against every other player. The auto-attack feature has been added. This prevents joining fleets with other empires, as any ship, fleet or planet with turrets will automatically attack each other.The Hyperspace energy is set to 20% strength to promote battles.

NOTE ... Although reputation is is set to zero, you will still suffer a hit for bio-bombing.

The galaxy density and or galaxy size will be adjusted and the galaxy will be reshuffled if more then 7 players join, to make sure there are enough planets to go around.

Good luck and have fun. Smile
06.11.2019 13:09 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Radiance Player-Rank: 3 Radiance is a female
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1053.jpg

Registration Date: 13.05.2011

I like alliances and teams. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have rarely played this game in years because I like teamies and alliances, not war-only. Partly, it's a female thing--women are a little more into relationships than men--on average. Vive la difference!

Recently, I quit playing MMOs entirely because real life got too interesting. But long tics do not take that much time and I could make that much time for the best game going.

If the game is to survive, we need new players, and we need to keep them. If we can attract enough of them at once, we can do beginner galaxies with 30-minute ticks. These must NOT drag on until everyone is bored. They should end after 300-400 ticks timed so a teamie starts right after. The welcome notice must inform them that advanced players are delighted they are here, eager to answer questions in the forum beginner section, and that they do not have to win that first galaxy. ALL players are hoped for in the team galaxy to follow. Their skill level to start a team galaxy does not matter because the teams are balanced by matching apparent skill levels.
07.11.2019 18:33 Radiance is offline Send an Email to Radiance Search for Posts by Radiance Add Radiance to your Buddy List

Thread Starter Thread Started by War_Cross
RE: I like alliances and teams. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

War-only does not mean no chat. Also I have been hanging out with others in the chat room. The longer tic galaxies were requested by the active players we have now, which is good for real life people that have a life other then CS. I'm ready for a relationship. Wanna go steady ? Smile

The problem with fast ticks (like you said) , is that, real life gets in the way.

I agree with you also that game length should only be long enough to produce a clear victor. For this reason my galaxies are around 250 or 300 turns. To make this possible, planets are large with high production.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by War_Cross: 08.11.2019 13:45.

07.11.2019 21:40 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 4

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

RE: I like alliances and teams. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think Radiance was trying to say, she would like to play a Team galaxy.

As such, I think I may set up an old school Team galaxy.

Old School;
No captains, just letting the Team selection process happen on it's own.
No River or any other special rules.
08.11.2019 21:10 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

Count me out Confused
08.11.2019 22:38 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
NickVanran Player-Rank: 3 NickVanran is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-698.jpg

Registration Date: 21.06.2009

I would rather play a diplomatic team galaxy, than a war galaxy.

Nick

10.11.2019 00:49 NickVanran is offline Send an Email to NickVanran Search for Posts by NickVanran Add NickVanran to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of NickVanran: NickVanran YIM Account Name of NickVanran: Startraderus

Maybe the next galaxy will be a 4 hr. tic diplomacy galaxy if most players want one.. The only rule will be that joining fleets with friendly empires will not be allowed. We have lost many good players because of joint attacks and hurt feelings. You know that.

The problem with team galaxies, is that the 50/25 fame split is inherently unfair. You could be a good player and end up with 25 fame points or the weakest player and end up with 50. This is great if your a weak player. That's why the weakest players are always requesting teams. Of course the chit-chat idea is appealing, but you can still have in game chat with any setup. It's just that with war-only ...

(1) You will have to scout your own planets.
(2) You will have to get your own resources.
(3) You will win or loose with your own strengths or weaknesses.

After all ... this is a war game. There should not be a participation trophy.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by War_Cross: 10.11.2019 12:31.

10.11.2019 12:00 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Suggestions » 4 hr tic war galaxy

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH