Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Newbie FAQ » Military Camps » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Military Camps
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
wuggsy Player-Rank: 1 wuggsy is a male
Scouts his own Systems

Registration Date: 21.08.2008

Military Camps Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What happens if you build 2 military camps on same planet?
08.03.2011 01:48 wuggsy is offline Send an Email to wuggsy Search for Posts by wuggsy Add wuggsy to your Buddy List
mizzihood Player-Rank: 4 mizzihood is a male
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-1137.gif

Registration Date: 04.10.2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Without mil. camps you can set your recruitment rate to 40% i.e. 40 percent of the food gets diverted to military production. With one the max recruitment rate is 60%, with two 80% and three 100%.

What I usually do is build one military camp on each planet (if I'm using troop defense) so they rank faster and achieve higher rank(http://cosmicsupremacy.com/wiki/manual/planetary-modules) and three on the planets I dedicate to troop production (the last is what everybody does / should do).

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by mizzihood: 08.03.2011 02:05.

08.03.2011 02:04 mizzihood is offline Send an Email to mizzihood Homepage of mizzihood Search for Posts by mizzihood Add mizzihood to your Buddy List
Scouts his own Systems

Thread Starter Thread Started by wuggsy
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ah I see the percentages now Smile

Thanks

Is there any way I can self destruct all my planets in this Galaxy I'm in now? I want to start over on another galaxy without completely imbalancing the political situation in the Galaxy I'm already in.

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by wuggsy: 08.03.2011 02:09.

08.03.2011 02:07 wuggsy is offline Send an Email to wuggsy Search for Posts by wuggsy Add wuggsy to your Buddy List

You can starve the planets and disband the facilities. Otherwise it is best to just leave it as is. Giving your planets free to your allies is generally frown upon, so I wouldn't suggest it.
08.03.2011 02:22 mizzihood is offline Send an Email to mizzihood Homepage of mizzihood Search for Posts by mizzihood Add mizzihood to your Buddy List
Scouts his own Systems

Thread Starter Thread Started by wuggsy

Starve planets and disband facilities will turn planets grey and neutral again? Geez that would take forever.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by wuggsy: 08.03.2011 02:41.

08.03.2011 02:41 wuggsy is offline Send an Email to wuggsy Search for Posts by wuggsy Add wuggsy to your Buddy List

No, they'll remain yours. After 170 turns if you do not login into the galaxy you'll be considered as inactive and others can declare war on you without reputation penalty / gain.

As I said before, I think it's best just to leave the game - whatever happens - happens.
08.03.2011 03:04 mizzihood is offline Send an Email to mizzihood Homepage of mizzihood Search for Posts by mizzihood Add mizzihood to your Buddy List
Skinnyloser Player-Rank: 3 Skinnyloser is a male

images/avatars/avatar-125.jpg

Registration Date: 17.01.2006

RE: Military Camps Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by wuggsy

Military recruitment is 60% food toward military with either 0 or 1 camps on a planet. While you can recruit the same amount of military with zero camps as with 1, without at least one mil camp troops cannot be trained above rank 2. Plus troops are trained 50% faster with at least one mil camp. With 2 camps, 80% of planetary food can be used toward military recruitment; there is no additional training speed bonus with more than one camp. With 3 camps, 100% of the planet's food output is used toward military recruitment.

Adding one Military Academy will increase training speed by another 50%. More than one Military Academy has no effect but costing you money.

09.03.2011 01:14 Skinnyloser is offline Send an Email to Skinnyloser Homepage of Skinnyloser Search for Posts by Skinnyloser Add Skinnyloser to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Skinnyloser
Arcady Player-Rank: 3 Arcady is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1313.gif

Registration Date: 13.09.2008

RE: Military Camps Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Skinnyloser
quote:

Military recruitment is 60% food toward military with either 0 or 1 camps on a planet.

40%, +20% per camp

--<Emma Gonzalez for President>--

09.03.2011 01:27 Arcady is offline Send an Email to Arcady Search for Posts by Arcady Add Arcady to your Buddy List
Elder
Has Speed 5 Frigates

Registration Date: 01.01.2020

up
12.01.2020 12:41 Elder is offline Send an Email to Elder Search for Posts by Elder Add Elder to your Buddy List
War_Cross Player-Rank: 3 War_Cross is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1332.jpg

Registration Date: 20.06.2014

quote:
Originally posted by Skinnyloser
quote:

Military recruitment is 60% food toward military with either 0 or 1 camps on a planet. While you can recruit the same amount of military with zero camps as with 1, without at least one mil camp troops cannot be trained above rank 2. Plus troops are trained 50% faster with at least one mil camp. With 2 camps, 80% of planetary food can be used toward military recruitment; there is no additional training speed bonus with more than one camp. With 3 camps, 100% of the planet's food output is used toward military recruitment.
Adding one Military Academy will increase training speed by another 50%. More than one Military Academy has no effect but costing you money.

I think the last line is incorrect. The option to build a second Military Academy is removed from the choice list after you build 1 on your planet.
12.01.2020 13:50 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Fuyu Player-Rank: 2
Serves Soup on Colony Shuttles

Registration Date: 07.07.2009

Actually, you can build more than 3 Military Camps, even if they only cost upkeep and don't do anything.
Only the first one reduces training time.
And only the first 3 increase the maximum recruitment rate by +20% each (absulote %), from 40% without Military Camp to 100% with 3 Military Camps.

Nevermind.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Fuyu: 12.01.2020 16:09.

12.01.2020 15:49 Fuyu is offline Send an Email to Fuyu Search for Posts by Fuyu Add Fuyu to your Buddy List
War_Cross Player-Rank: 3 War_Cross is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1332.jpg

Registration Date: 20.06.2014

I think your talking about military camps? Wink
12.01.2020 16:02 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Fuyu Player-Rank: 2
Serves Soup on Colony Shuttles

Registration Date: 07.07.2009

Wait .. oh right. Damn. Yes I was.
12.01.2020 16:08 Fuyu is offline Send an Email to Fuyu Search for Posts by Fuyu Add Fuyu to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Newbie FAQ » Military Camps

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH